Traffic Problem In Metro Manila (Merged Thread)

Bakit hindi ka na lang mangbang bansa, baka magkasakit ka pa sa stress na nakukuha mo dito sa Pinas. Pwede ka pa rin na,man mag post dito kahit nasa abroad ka na.

Also can you quote/post any of the present admin officials saying that they can solve the traffic instantly.

Hindi naman ma-aayos ang traffic kung pag-uusapan lang sa forum.

Solving the traffic problem is a combination of a lot of solutions.

1. Phase-out of inefficient jeepneys and tricycles.
  2. Upgrade public utility system - more buses and trains
  3. Increase/upgrade roadways.
  4. Reduce private vehicle use / increase ride sharing by making cars and fuel more expensive
  5. Strict implementation of traffic rules and regulations by traffic management agencies.
  6. Strict training, education and qualification of drivers

there are a lot of root causes, but thr biggest factor is congestion. the only real solution is better urban planning. effective mass transport system is a close second.

it's been decades and several administrations passed by, but none of them had the political will to decongest metro manila. they all keep resorting to bandaid solutions without even trying to decongest metro manila first. plug the holes on the boat first instead of just throwing buckets of water back into the sea.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Terrible Traffic here in Manda

I think they are doing a dry-run of traffic rerouting in anticipation of the ban on single-occupant vehicles from EDSA.

They expect a lot of cars will pass through Mandaluyong's side streets via Makati Bridge and Rockwell Bridge to avoid EDSA.

I hope they also be strict in removing double-parked cars along the side streets of Mandaluyong and Makati.

I think they are doing a dry-run of traffic rerouting in anticipation of the ban on single-occupant vehicles from EDSA.

They expect a lot of cars will pass through Mandaluyong's side streets via Makati Bridge and Rockwell Bridge to avoid EDSA.

I hope they also be strict in removing double-parked cars along the side streets of Mandaluyong and Makati.

The whole metropolis for that matter.

Kung malakas ang backlash mula sa residents, hindi yan gagawin ng mga mayor.

MMDA said the HOV scheme are being pushed by the Mayors, especially the ban on single-occupant vehicles.. They know early on that they will have to decongest the side streets to make the scheme work.

Residents will follow the rules if the local government are strict in the implementation.

improve public transportation experience. if public transpo is efficient and very convenient for the commuters car owners will start to leave their cars at home.

di na pwede yung kung saan gusto pumara para sumakay at bumama. dapat sa mga designated stops lang pwede sumakay at bumaba.

MMDA said the HOV scheme are being pushed by the Mayors, especially the ban on single-occupant vehicles.. They know early on that they will have to decongest the side streets to make the scheme work.

Residents will follow the rules if the local government are strict in the implementation.

Except the MMDA have discouraged driver-only motorists from taking alternate routes, ie. backroads. So it looks like the Mayors want to have their cake and eat it too.

It is election year next year. Local executives won't risk their chances of re-election over a measly traffic scheme that doesn't even seem to be working as well as anyone hoped.

improve public transportation experience. if public transpo is efficient and very convenient for the commuters car owners will start to leave their cars at home.

di na pwede yung kung saan gusto pumara para sumakay at bumama. dapat sa mga designated stops lang pwede sumakay at bumaba.

convenient travel in public tranpo during rush hours is very hard to accomplish in NCR due to over population. Laging apaw ang mga pasahero sa dami ng gustong sumakay. Yung efficient na lang ang habol ko.

Edited by haroots2

Except the MMDA have discouraged driver-only motorists from taking alternate routes, ie. backroads. So it looks like the Mayors want to have their cake and eat it too.

It is election year next year. Local executives won't risk their chances of re-election over a measly traffic scheme that doesn't even seem to be working as well as anyone hoped.

Where did you get the idea that MMDA discourage driver-only motorists from using the alternate routes?

The purpose of recent traffic rerouting scheme in Mandaluyong is precisely to encourage driver-only motorists to take the alternate routes.

In Makati, the Traffic Management personnel in our area have started removing the double parked vehicles along the side streets since 3 or 4 months ago. In our main street, parking on either side of the street is no longer allowed. It has decongested the streets somewhat. But there still are vehicle owners who park along the main street at night. Ito dapat ang tutukan ng TMD personnel.

Edited by camiar

Where did you get the idea that MMDA discourage driver-only motorists from using the alternate routes?

From the MMDA. See: https://www.reddit.com/r/Philippines/comments/97g5ro/mmda_discourages_use_of_alternate_routes/

I was in Makati just today. No discernible difference in street parked vehicles in the backstreets traversing Kalayaan or JP Rizal. Moreso in the areas adjacent to Circuit going towards Manila. Same thing with Mandaluyong, and this route in particular was traffic-heavy because it's the one leading to the bridge in the Rockwell vicinity. Still many cars parked on the road.

In any case, there was a recent announcement that the implementation of this new scheme has been suspended, even as the dry run is ongoing. This obviously wasn't thought through.

There is no quick fix for EDSA traffic. There needs to be a holistic, inter-city approach that examines public transport efficiency, traffic flow in and out of city roads, and choke points along all of the circumferential and radial roads. For as long as the MMC does not recognize this reality, we'll keep getting band-aid solutions to this problem.

Most probably. I hope they could alleviate this situation sooner esp ber monhts is approching

From the MMDA. See: https://www.reddit.com/r/Philippines/comments/97g5ro/mmda_discourages_use_of_alternate_routes/

I was in Makati just today. No discernible difference in street parked vehicles in the backstreets traversing Kalayaan or JP Rizal. Moreso in the areas adjacent to Circuit going towards Manila. Same thing with Mandaluyong, and this route in particular was traffic-heavy because it's the one leading to the bridge in the Rockwell vicinity. Still many cars parked on the road.

In any case, there was a recent announcement that the implementation of this new scheme has been suspended, even as the dry run is ongoing. This obviously wasn't thought through.

There is no quick fix for EDSA traffic. There needs to be a holistic, inter-city approach that examines public transport efficiency, traffic flow in and out of city roads, and choke points along all of the circumferential and radial roads. For as long as the MMC does not recognize this reality, we'll keep getting band-aid solutions to this problem.

Most probably. I hope they could alleviate this situation sooner esp ber monhts is approching

If they focus on campaign vs. side street parking, i.e. forcing car owning residents to have a garage for their vehicles instead of parking along the street, we can solve the problem faster.

Edited by camiar
  • 3 weeks later...