96 replies to this topic

#81 frustratedpanzertruppen

frustratedpanzertruppen

Hottie

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 338 posts

Posted 24 April 2016 - 07:24 PM

Agave has two branches in the BGC area, one in BHS along 9th Ave, another inside Venice Piazza in Mckinley Hills. The one in BHS looks more comfy especially for the soloista like me.

#82 Mad Damian

Mad Damian

Lover

• (07) Avid Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1509 posts

Posted 24 April 2016 - 10:11 PM

Agave has two branches in the BGC area, one in BHS along 9th Ave, another inside Venice Piazza in Mckinley Hills. The one in BHS looks more comfy especially for the soloista like me.

ok rin yung sa Venice. They have a separate bar from the main dining hall w/ flat screen.

Yun lang nga outdoors kaya medyo mainit

#83 wheeljack

wheeljack

Sensualist

• (10) Super Poster
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4547 posts

Posted 25 April 2016 - 01:29 PM

Silantro is good and is often full though I think it's more of Mexican-Filipino thing rather than a Mexican place

#84 Sockdart

Sockdart

Chaser

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 13 May 2016 - 01:56 PM

Chupacabra. Pag nachos automatic silantro

#85 goldrush

goldrush

Wooer

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 579 posts

Posted 02 August 2016 - 03:49 AM

sarap sa chili's..

#86 geckoranger

geckoranger

Experienced

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 06 August 2016 - 11:54 AM

Hermanos is good, *mostly* reminds me of the cheap/budget mexican places in the states, I love it when I'm feeling nostalgic. Okay naman ang salsa nila, okay lang naman ang meats nila, hndi naman the best, but good enough, serving size for price... is kinda meh - but this is an issue mostly sa lahat ng mexican resto dito, like sinabe ni maninmotion sa ibang page.

Their horchata is delicious.

B&T - Some super delicious dishes (to me). Their taquitos especial is tasty - it's the dipping sauce that comes with it that is GOOD, and their barbacoa and carnitas meats are both very delicious. Pulled pork sandwhich is good too. I want to like their breakfast burrito, but not a fan of the hash browns they use. Their salsa is pretty meh,  I like it better than the times I had Ristras (ang sa San Juan na wala na). Their Horchata is disgusting.

Chilis - Their fajitas are my favorite. Chicken club tacos meal is delicious too, and very filling. Their carnitas are good, but B&T's meat is better seasoned and better tasting to me. Bottomless chips and salsa is a plus too BUT I hate that it's so expensive - Cheaper in the states. Yes, the resto. overall can be kind of expensive, but at the same time the meal is very filling. Minus the fajitas, you could end up spending *less* here, and be more full, that at some of the more mediocre mexican restos.

Mexicali - I only ate there once, at Greenhills (wala na sya). It was terrible. I want to try El Chupacabra, but knowing that it's the same owners scares me away.

Hermano's along granada street. ang maganda dito malapit sa mirage spa

Agree!

#87 lone23

lone23

Master

• (09) Manic Poster
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3431 posts
  • Interests:Women, Concert, Rock Music, Telecommunication

Posted 09 August 2016 - 12:32 PM

Sa Makati , yung El Chupacabra, kakaiba lang ang pangalan pero ok pagkain.

#88 EnduranceDS

EnduranceDS

Cutie

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts
  • Interests:Money, Power, and Success

Posted 12 November 2016 - 01:32 AM

This evening, my girl and I dined at Gringo in BGC. Freak'n value for money and the food is great! We order 3 dishes:

• Southern Spice Chicken (half) with 3 sides - 375
  • Crispy Taco (Chili Con Carne Tacos, 1 piece) - 88
  • Quesadillas (Truffle Queso) - P145

Less than Php 700.00 including the service charge. Not bad a promotional treat! I suggest to have a budget meal of the chicken dish where two sides are rice and the latter would be veggies. Below is a photo I took ;)

https://www.zomato.c...ity-taguig-city

#89 Mad Damian

Mad Damian

Lover

• (07) Avid Member
  • 1509 posts

Posted 29 November 2016 - 12:47 AM

Hermanos is good, *mostly* reminds me of the cheap/budget mexican places in the states, I love it when I'm feeling nostalgic. Okay naman ang salsa nila, okay lang naman ang meats nila, hndi naman the best, but good enough, serving size for price... is kinda meh - but this is an issue mostly sa lahat ng mexican resto dito, like sinabe ni maninmotion sa ibang page.

Their horchata is delicious.

B&T - Some super delicious dishes (to me). Their taquitos especial is tasty - it's the dipping sauce that comes with it that is GOOD, and their barbacoa and carnitas meats are both very delicious. Pulled pork sandwhich is good too. I want to like their breakfast burrito, but not a fan of the hash browns they use. Their salsa is pretty meh,  I like it better than the times I had Ristras (ang sa San Juan na wala na). Their Horchata is disgusting.

Chilis - Their fajitas are my favorite. Chicken club tacos meal is delicious too, and very filling. Their carnitas are good, but B&T's meat is better seasoned and better tasting to me. Bottomless chips and salsa is a plus too BUT I hate that it's so expensive - Cheaper in the states. Yes, the resto. overall can be kind of expensive, but at the same time the meal is very filling. Minus the fajitas, you could end up spending *less* here, and be more full, that at some of the more mediocre mexican restos.

Mexicali - I only ate there once, at Greenhills (wala na sya). It was terrible. I want to try El Chupacabra, but knowing that it's the same owners scares me away.

I totally agree with your review.

Hermanos would not even generate clients if they were still in San Diego.

Food is pretty meh but safe.  portions are alright but you still pay a premium

B&T is my go to place for TexMex. the Horchata you tried is made out of almond powder instead of rice.

Chiles is good for its portions.

Tried Ristras and immediately disliked their cafeteria tasting food that's so not fresh.

Chupa, bad service so never got to try their food and don't plan to go back.

Especially now that I know they are the same owners of Ristras.

Food may be expensive at first in the states but the portion size are enough for 2-3 people.

We're paying the same amount or more here for way less.

#90 Mad Damian

Mad Damian

Lover

• (07) Avid Member
  • 1509 posts

Posted 29 November 2016 - 01:00 AM

Hermano's horchata has too much cinnamon. 

If they'd tone it down a bit, I'd order it again

#91 flashman

flashman

Retired

• UNREGISTERED
  • 1490 posts

Posted 02 December 2016 - 07:22 PM

Tried Ristras and immediately disliked their cafeteria tasting food that's so not fresh.
Chupa, bad service so never got to try their food and don't plan to go back.
Especially now that I know they are the same owners of Ristras.

Food may be expensive at first in the states but the portion size are enough for 2-3 people.
We're paying the same amount or more here for way less.

lahat ng restos nila may common: either dry chicken or beef. Haha.

#92 brandom

brandom

Wooer

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 566 posts
  • Interests:Food, travel, books, women and music

Posted 02 December 2016 - 10:19 PM

Hermano's

hermanos4.jpg

Chihuahua

Chihuahua-Mexican-Grill-makati-philippin

#93 Subic

Subic

Cutie

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 257 posts
  • Interests:Barhopping, Harleys, Tennis, Flying (all the big boy's toys)

Posted 03 December 2016 - 10:47 AM

Guys please suggest or recommend any Mexican Restaurants around the Metro that is worth the visit kakasawa na kasi Mexicali, Ristras and B&T eh.

While not in Manila, there's Mexican Cantina in Barrio Barretto called Dryden, and the food is some of the best I've ever had.

#94 missmena

missmena

Experienced

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 19 December 2016 - 01:02 PM

best Mexican in the Phils is probably Chili's

#95 Richmond

Richmond

Seducer

• (08) Fanatical Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2084 posts

Posted 19 December 2016 - 03:43 PM

While not in Manila, there's Mexican Cantina in Barrio Barretto called Dryden, and the food is some of the best I've ever had.

I've tried the giant tacos at The Coffee Shop also in Brgy Baretto parking is a problem though

#96 djsinple

djsinple

Libertine

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 844 posts
  • Interests:I am interested only in girls!!! I just love girls specially who are good!

Posted 26 December 2016 - 08:26 AM

Cilantro Restaurant

#97 EspaSouL

EspaSouL

EspaSouL

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 10 January 2017 - 11:18 AM

Cilantro and Chihuahua

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users