Hi guys, been trying to get a credit card for years... used to have one and even offered some pero hindi ko kinuha or pinasarado ko na yung account. now I am in "contractual" basis with my new work... wondering if there is a bank na hindi masyadong mabusisi... ironic is that even at contractual basis my pay was bigger than my friend who was a stay at home mom... yung mag-kasama kami sa mall... someone from Citibank approached us... sya pinayagan pero lagay lang na stay at home mom... ako hindi daw pwede sa Citibank since i was contractual... the thing was I knew that her husband's pay is no where near what I take in a month (3-4x) pero hindi ako pwede at least for Citibank... so i jokingly said... pwede ba house-husband magka-card? natawa lang yung babae na nag-o-offer. :P

Seriously though, any banks na madali ang kumuha ng credit card? since main problem ko is the certificate of employment... once they see contractual... or probationary status... tapos. Odd nga meron mga promos sila (some banks) sa new-grads... pero ako hindi din pwede since I do not have an existing student ID and proof na new grad ako. >.<

May account ako sa BPI

Ang ginawa ko e nagsabi kukuha ako ng credit card

Tapos ipapa freeze ko ang pera ko at yon ang naging basehan ng ano ang credit limit ko

Wala ng tanung-tanong pa kung contractual ka o magkano ang kinikita mo buwan-buwan

Nakalimutan ko paano ang computation basta

P35,000 ang pina freeze ko at P28,000 ang naging credit limit ko

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

sa akin naman BPI nag time deposit ako ng 500k, basta na lang ako pinadalan ng credit card after 3months

150k deposited at my BDO savings account for three months but no approval from card application yet. May chance pa kaya?

di ibig sabihin na mag deposit ka lang ay ok na. tinitignan din nila ang provenance ng funds mo, kung may movement ba or wala or kung sa assessment nila ay meron ka talagang pambayad later on sa credit card.

I've had time dep amounting to millions (several accounts) but not ONCE na nag offer ang BDO sa akin ng credit card. Di rin naman ako nag aapply since i don't need it naman.

Usually, may makikita ka gumagala sa SM malls na mga "agents" na para dyan. A few months back, meron mga taga MetroBank yata yun sa grocery area. All you need to present initially is a PRC license.

Lately, may mga kiosks ako nakita na from MayBank naman, also offering credit cards.

I think the easiest is Citibank.

I did not apply for a card and yet they sent me one with an attached application form missing only my signature.

Then today, a year later they send me a notice of credit line increase.

I don't use their card because I like the free Starbucks from BPI

http://i404.photobucket.com/albums/pp121/martinace1/2016-05-26%2013_25_52-Congratulations%20on%20your%20increased%20credit%20limit%20-%20Inbox%20-%20Yahoo%20Mail.png

Cool, i have 1.5M approved credit line kay Citi, 1 Platinum Visa and Prestige Visa Black Card, i am also a Citigold member.

I think the easiest is Citibank.

I did not apply for a card and yet they sent me one with an attached application form missing only my signature.

Then today, a year later they send me a notice of credit line increase.

I don't use their card because I like the free Starbucks from BPI

http://i404.photobucket.com/albums/pp121/martinace1/2016-05-26%2013_25_52-Congratulations%20on%20your%20increased%20credit%20limit%20-%20Inbox%20-%20Yahoo%20Mail.png

Why do they do this?

I do not see this as an advantage - in fact this is a disadvantage because one can easily fall into debt.

Also, if your card gets compromised / stolen - then thieves can rack up a debt for you so easily and it will be up to you to contest and prove you did not make the fraudulent charges.

Sure it feels good to know that you can buy a car and just swipe it on the card (Dealers will not allow this as they have to pay 5% to the bank) but in the end, you still have to pay for it so spending can get out of control.

My sister received a pre-approved credit card 12 years ago in the mail. It was sent to an apartment that she vacated 3 months prior. The person that was living there at the time accepted the couriers delivery.

Fast forward - 7 years later - a collection agency is after her for almost 30k. It turns out they billed her for the annual fees for 2 years, late penalties, etc etc, compounded interest, collection agency fees so on and so forth.

Good thing she is a Lawyer and got it all straightened out.

To stay on topic:

Open both a Peso and a Dollar account in BPI / BDO and you will get a call or email from one of their marketing reps offering you a credit card.

Edited by martinace1
  • Like (+1) 1

Dude that was 7 years ago already. now, they developed new high security features, years ago, this cards has no embedded EMV chip, so its easy for the frauders to copy information and transfer it to a fake card. If the merchant/s ask for your ID before they finalize the purchase, don't be get offended, this is part of their security purpose "MANUAL PURCHASING" and we have OTP for online transactions to avoid being frauded since signatures are easy to copy. to make the long story short, consider yourself lucky, do not spend what you cant afford. Amex Platinum Cardholder here and 2 black cards.

I get asked to show my ID 3 out of 20 transactions and this is usually when I am out of the country