an online stock trading firm (bank affiliated) is giving me headaches with its registration. almost 10 days since i registered online and i havent gotten past the registration stage. the mother of this problem was when i registered online but unable to print the form wherein i have to affix my signature and which i have to submit for verification and approval of my trade acct.

i registered online at a popular cafe. when i was about to print the form generated after filling up the rquired fields and hitting the submit button, i was dismayed to know that i cannot print directly from the pc station i was using. i had to be contented with cut-and-paste technique to their server pc..and i forgot to pray the pc wont hang. well, it hanged the hell of the machine and i never got it printed.

well, fortunately i received a thank-you email (bec i hit the submit button) afterwards, also telling me to just send email if i was unable to print the form so they can email it to me. which i did and i automatically clicked the reply tab to make the request. days past, no form emailed to me. i made another request, no reply again. i made the 3rd request, still no luck.

i cannot register again online because i would be rejected. so i called the hotline but they were not able to provide me with an explanation. i have to wait for several days while they are figuring out daw.

just consider this, it would take 10 days for the verification and approval of a trade acct upon submission of the printed form (with signatures) to the main ofc. add some more days if u submit to a branch that will submit to the main ofc. now, 10 days have passed and i havent got hold of that form. im still waiting and waiting..til when? when the stocks are plunging?

with other online stock trading firms, would it take this long?

precious days are being wasted and we are talking about stock investment..and being online at that.

who among you would disagree that time is not essential to stock investment? time lost is an opportunity lost, right?

there's a downside to this online thingy after all.

an online stock trading firm (bank affiliated) is giving me headaches with its registration. almost 10 days since i registered online and i havent gotten past the registration stage. the mother of this problem was when i registered online but unable to print the form wherein i have to affix my signature and which i have to submit for verification and approval of my trade acct.

i registered online at a popular cafe. when i was about to print the form generated after filling up the rquired fields and hitting the submit button, i was dismayed to know that i cannot print directly from the pc station i was using. i had to be contented with cut-and-paste technique to their server pc..and i forgot to pray the pc wont hang. well, it hanged the hell of the machine and i never got it printed.

well, fortunately i received a thank-you email (bec i hit the submit button) afterwards, also telling me to just send email if i was unable to print the form so they can email it to me. which i did and i automatically clicked the reply tab to make the request. days past, no form emailed to me. i made another request, no reply again. i made the 3rd request, still no luck.

i cannot register again online because i would be rejected. so i called the hotline but they were not able to provide me with an explanation. i have to wait for several days while they are figuring out daw.

just consider this, it would take 10 days for the verification and approval of a trade acct upon submission of the printed form (with signatures) to the main ofc. add some more days if u submit to a branch that will submit to the main ofc. now, 10 days have passed and i havent got hold of that form. im still waiting and waiting..til when? when the stocks are plunging?

with other online stock trading firms, would it take this long?

precious days are being wasted and we are talking about stock investment..and being online at that.

who among you would disagree that time is not essential to stock investment? time lost is an opportunity lost, right?

there's a downside to this online thingy after all.

grabe dami nang nasasayang na araw. imagine, nakailang email na ako sa kanila at wala pa ring reply. one day of last week i called their hotline, the agent told that they emailed na raw that day. ako pa niloloko nila, eh kala-logout ko lang sa email acct ko before i called at wala pa yong *%$#**%#@ na form yon.

dumaan kaya sa seminar ang mga tao dito tungkol sa importanteng aspects ng stock investment?

i am using bpitrade. it really is not good, especially the registration phase. it took the bank more than 10 days to approve. and you are right, time is gold. i have been eyeing a certain issue and it surged upward but my account was not ready yet. good thing [for me] is that i planned a boracay vacation for a week, and i wasn't able to feel that much wait because i didn't count the vacation as part of the waiting. hehehe. seriously though, i think some other online trading sites i think are better. called ciisec and i think they only need a day to process your application if you are to submit your application directly. well, i am holdoing on my bpitrade account because i am here already anyway.

the only advantage that i can see in bpitrade is the quick processing of redeeming your funds. inform them before 11am about withdrawing your funds, and you'll have them in the afternoon in your settlement account. i don't know if you can do it that quick in other online trading companies. but in terms of research, i think citisec is better. i availed of their free trial and the research is much better than that of bpitrade. i don't know. i am just a neophyte in this trade but i find the citisec research better than bpitrade.

i have no information about other online trading firms. hope this has help you somehow.

I'm using a Citisec on line it take me only a day to register but i have to go to there main office in tektite to register , and the rest I use HSBC online to transfer the money to there account when I like to add more fund. My experience is still good service only there hot line is busy always but since they allocate a customer relation officer to me I can call there cellphone and ask for assitance and they do reply me asap . On broker side or stock brokerage is good for lot or big volume trading since i can some time cross trade and the broker do give tips on the trading date on what stock that i should watch out for and sometime even when to sell.

balita ko sa online trading, mahal daw ang fee..tsaka di on time ang pag-receive ng order. is this true?

..turned out philstocks charges minimal fees (0.26%) on online trading compared to their usual "stock-assisted" scheme..you can even start with just P5,000 capital..check out philstocks.ph,,everything's there..just dunno bout the other like bpitrade or citiseconline...you can google 'em too..cyah!:)

• 2 weeks later...

in fairness to the online stock trading firm i am talking about, they finally sent me via email (with no sender's address) the to-be-printed registration form -- but after myself making 5 email requests and more than 3 phone follow-ups. there was no accompanying explanation or alibi why it took 3 weeks for their email to reach me.

halos nawalan na ako ng gana sa ganitong kalakaran. hayyy, buti pa kayo kumikita na kayo samantalang ako naghintay ng tatlong linggo bago dumating ang eroplanong nagdala ng form ko.

dahil sa inis, di ko pa itinuloy application ko rito. i am looking for an alternative.

Posted this on anotther thread before I saw this one: okay ba sa philstocks? They've been pestering me to attend one of their free seminars and I just might go. How's the service and what's the minimum investment?

..i opened an account with them..so far ok lng nman..d namn kc me big player dun eh...un lng minsan my lag tlaga...one time nga prng nag down or something and they sent an email about it...naaus nman kgad..they say they are transitioning to a newer and better system to be rolled out in Nov kay ganun cguro...minimum investment is 5k..

for global trading and US trading (NYSE and NASDAQ) you can try etrade.com, ameritrade.com, scottrade.com and many more.

thanks...kso many more funds din kelangan me jan..hehhehe..will think bout it cguro after honing my skills with the local bourse with local funds..thanks much,saucybabe..

i already turned to citisec. signing up was a breeze (it took me only a day compared to almost 3 weeks of waiting just for the application form from that other entity). plus their online trading is ok.

kaya lang medyo late na ako nakapasok sa trading, dami kasing naubos na araw sa paghihintay. pababa na inabutan ko.