This is also the dilemma of many fund managers. I suggest you try an actively managed fixed income portfolio which will have short, medium and long term GS and commercial papers. If your fund manager is good, trading gains will yield better returns than a hold to maturity fixed income asset.

any recommendations dr pepper?

i still have a bit of liquidity and am looking for short term investment vehicles.

hi po ask ko lang po can anyone here clarify to me the PDIC coverage? for example 250K lang ang covered di ba how can i open another account name na belonging solely to me din without adding in other people?

The account name must be different so that means and/or accounts with different joint account owners will be considered as separate accounts. If the account is in the same name, the 250K PDIC coverage limit will apply to the aggregate of these accounts.

any recommendations dr pepper?

i still have a bit of liquidity and am looking for short term investment vehicles.

For really short term, I still think the way to go is the BSP Special Deposit Account with a gross of 5.9375 for thirty days.

The account name must be different so that means and/or accounts with different joint account owners will be considered as separate accounts. If the account is in the same name, the 250K PDIC coverage limit will apply to the aggregate of these accounts.

For really short term, I still think the way to go is the BSP Special Deposit Account with a gross of 5.9375 for thirty days.

this sounds interesting and a better option indeed.

thansk for the advice Doc. .. pls allow me to clarify futher, how does one go about 'purchasing' SDAs?

• 3 months later...
Walton International Group

nagbebenta dito $10k sa lupa sa U.S. Texas daw tapos kikita ka daw after 3 to 5 years scam ba ito?

Singaporean nakausap ko inexplain tungkol dito pero itsura niya parang scammer kasi

Hi, I'm with Priority Wealth International Group - distributors of landbanking products of Walton International Group here in the Phils.

The Singaporean you spoke to is one of my bosses here. I have a pretty good idea who you spoke with.

Walton has been doing this for the past 29 years (please do checkout www.waltoninternational.com) with offices all over the Asia and the world and is very cocky in saying that "Nobody has ever lost money with Walton!" with an approx audited return of 20% per annum.

So that's double your money in 5 years plus your money is in USD so who knows how this will be worth in pesos in 5 years.

Landbanking being a relatively new concept here in the Phils. often gets initial reactions of being a scam but if you do your homework, you'll know this investment really pays well.

But this is a high-end/low-risk/long-term investment wherein the only risk is "TIME" so if you will be needing your money sooner than 3-5 years then this could not be for you.

I am not a salesperson here so I guess I can't explain this thoroughly but in case you have any queries you may pm me and let's setup a meeting/presentation here at our makati office with a landbanking consultant.

• 1 month later...
HI I work in a bank, i would suggest you put some at time deposit then as it it matures, why not place it at Ayala Land Investment fund. We also offer Time deposit placements where in you can put in 1 to 2 years time principal plus interest. Since your starting fund is 50k why not place it at time deposit first. then when you have several donations received in a certain period then we can consolidate the proceeds to get a higher interest rate for the placement. dont place it for too long so you can add additional funds upon it's maturity. Do PM me for more inquiries.. thanks

anu pong bank nyo po at magkanu minimum at interest po?

• 1 month later...
hi po ask ko lang po can anyone here clarify to me the PDIC coverage? for example 250K lang ang covered di ba how can i open another account name na belonging solely to me din without adding in other people?

Sa pag kakaintindi ko ang 250K is per Person (name) per bank. So in Proinciple if you have 1M tapos hinati-hati mo sa 4 na bangko(eg BPI, BDO, Allied, Citibank) covered na 1M ng PDIC... Assuming bumagsak yung apat...

Walton has been doing this for the past 29 years (please do checkout www.waltoninternational.com) with offices all over the Asia and the world and is very cocky in saying that "Nobody has ever lost money with Walton!" with an approx audited return of 20% per annum.

So that's double your money in 5 years plus your money is in USD so who knows how this will be worth in pesos in 5 years.

Sorry kung mamimintas ako... kung 20%PA ang rate of return then the doubling time is closer to 2 Years. Which by the way also means relatively high risk as seen in the US market today.

Side comment lang naman pero mas maganda na alam natin diba?

Sorry kung mamimintas ako... kung 20%PA ang rate of return then the doubling time is closer to 2 Years. Which by the way also means relatively high risk as seen in the US market today.

Side comment lang naman pero mas maganda na alam natin diba?

Ay sori... Mali mathematics ko.... 3 1/2 years pala! Hehehehehe! Tao lang..

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
right now security bank are selling the robinson land corp. bond. expected rate is 8.25% net per yr.every 6 months pay out interest.

lock in for 5 years .it's not that bad considering interest now in placement range to 3.2% to 3.35%net only in sda

tHANKS SA INFOR BRO,, SDA AKO,, WILL LOOK INTO THIS .... CHEERS!!! :)

right now security bank are selling the robinson land corp. bond. expected rate is 8.25% net per yr.every 6 months pay out interest.

lock in for 5 years .it's not that bad considering interest now in placement range to 3.2% to 3.35%net only in sda

sir pano bumili ng bond? sa bank lang? san part ng bank sorry , gusto ko san invest nalang yung money na pambili ko ng plan ng anak ko

sir pano bumili ng bond? sa bank lang? san part ng bank sorry , gusto ko san invest nalang yung money na pambili ko ng plan ng anak ko

If you go to your bank, ask for the Tresury Department or the Trust Department. You can also get bonds through investment houses like First Metro, Multinational, BDO Capital, BPI Capital, etc.

• 3 weeks later...
any good reads regarding long term investments?

like a primer or faq thing?

I have tried to look for websites about local long term investments but of course, the banks and investment houses are really trying to market their products. As I suggested, why not go to a bank or investment house that you know, or even try calling up. Most of them will only be happy to discuss with you their recommendations on long term investments.

• 2 weeks later...

Yesterday, I just bought ISM from the PSE. Did not know anything about the stock except for the fact that everyday volume was high and it was considered a "penny stock".

Was planning to buy an iphone but I just placed the 30k in my stock account.

Went to work this morning and when I logged on to my online broker...ISM was up 18%!!!

Sold everything at the next lower price. Made around 6k after taxes and com. Not bad for a day's work.

Unfortunately, most stocks are up so I don't want to enter it at this point.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
a little Off topic here. anyone here can give an Orientation about Government bills heard it has higher interest compare to Mutual Funds and TimeDeposits???

many thanks!

niru, higher than time deposits i agree, but depends on which mutual fund account. the more aggressive ones outpace gov't funds generally.

If you hold GS till maturity, you will get the indicated rate, but if you have to sell it off, your earnings will be affected by the market price. Explaining GS is a tedious thing, and I have serious doubts whether I can do it properly. I suggest you visit the Treasury or Trust Department of your bank and ask them to explain it to you, I'm sure they will do a good job.

bdo is offering smic dollar deposit 5 years . minimum of 20k$ at rate of 5.75% to 6% net per annum

every 6 months interest pay out. not bad coz T-bill 3yrs. pesos is 4.6% net

That sounds like a pretty good offer but if it's SMIC, that sounds like a US dollar corporate note and not a placement with BDO the bank itself. You will have to contend with the longer term and the conversion risks.