land especially high commercialized lands will yield you far better than money market..consider this

agricultural land 1980's 1 hectare aprox 10,000 pesos now around 1m

commercial land 1980's 50 sqm for 10,000 too with rent will be worth around 2m if the land is worth around 40t now

stocks ur 10,000 will probably be 200,000 if you invested on smc shares

time deposits 10,000 will yield an average of 7% for 30 years net of taxes will amount to 76,000

• 1 month later...

Guys if you would just know how ForEx trading works, you will realize that it is better than stocks and mutual funds.

and it can also be considered as a good long term investment

I work at a company at makati that is in the business of ForEx trading.

If you want to know everything about ForEx trading or our company just send me a pm or contact me at 09** *** ****

Public posting of contact numbers on the board is not allowed. Please refer to the Posting Primer for your guidance. Thank you. - DarkAngel

Edited by DarkAngel
  • 4 months later...
Hello everyone, i would like your opinion on whether the GSIS MUTUAL FUND is as good as they advertise it. They claim annualized returns approaching 20%. Thanks for any info

suggest you read the fund's prospectus... past performance doesnt guarantee future success.

trade safely.

Investing in wine is also shown to have handsome returns in the long-term. It is not easy to do it here in the Phils though. Masisira lang sa init ng panahon dito.

this is true in the States and in Europe, but imho, not applicable here in the Philippines. why? aside from the hot weather as stated, iinumin lang yan ng mga pinoy....

for me, i think the best long term investment is real-estate.

Im planning to get 5yr Tax free - Time deposit account with BPI Family, but their int rate is still 5.25%.

I think the 1yr T-Bills are doing better but hassle ata mag purchase nito.. any tips/advice?

Purchasing T-Bills or GS thru the branch or the Treasury Department shouldn't be that much of a hassle. What concerns me is that interest rates are going up so it doesn't make sense to commit to a long term placement.

Guest lustfortravel

^^^ i agree with dr. pepper. it doesn't make any sense to lock in for a year or more, especially when the interest rates are still moving up. you would do better in shorter term products like SDAs at the moment.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest lustfortravel
Walton International Group

nagbebenta dito $10k sa lupa sa U.S. Texas daw tapos kikita ka daw after 3 to 5 years scam ba ito?

Singaporean nakausap ko inexplain tungkol dito pero itsura niya parang scammer kasi

when in doubt, don't.

looks like a scam to me.

Actually, it is not. They pool funds together to buy real estate similar to Reit's. Unfortunately yields are dependent on the appreciation of the property that you bought....

I have not bought though... Secondly, why buy now when real estate is going down?

Guest lustfortravel
Actually, it is not. They pool funds together to buy real estate similar to Reit's. Unfortunately yields are dependent on the appreciation of the property that you bought....

I have not bought though... Secondly, why buy now when real estate is going down?

that's good to know then. thanks for the clarification. :)

• 5 weeks later...

Actually this is my biggest dilemma. Where to invest money? All fixed income instruments (Dollar or Peso) will lose money for the investor in REAL terms, because of inflation. So bonds and bank deposits are not a good place to put money.

The stock market is still lethargic and I expect the property market to soften (thank God i just sold my Condo).

So where to invest? I am already up to my neck in the stock market.

J

Just wait for few months interest rate will rise beacause of rising inflation.
Actually this is my biggest dilemma. Where to invest money? All fixed income instruments (Dollar or Peso) will lose money for the investor in REAL terms, because of inflation. So bonds and bank deposits are not a good place to put money.

The stock market is still lethargic and I expect the property market to soften (thank God i just sold my Condo).

So where to invest? I am already up to my neck in the stock market.

J

This is also the dilemma of many fund managers. I suggest you try an actively managed fixed income portfolio which will have short, medium and long term GS and commercial papers. If your fund manager is good, trading gains will yield better returns than a hold to maturity fixed income asset.