Construction - Residential,commercial, Atbp.

hey there!!

im a civil engineer too, though i specialize in transportation engineering.

from the things that you have posted, hands down po ako. dami mo alam e < I FIGURE YOURE WORKING FOR EITHER DPWH, OR MMDA SA TRAFFIC ENGR. CENTER, YOU ARE SUPPOSE OR I MEAN I SUPPOOSE YOU KNOW WHAT I HAVE BEEN POSTING HERE ALL ALONG...SANA AY WAG MONG IPAWALANG BAHALA AY KAALAMAN MO..AND I ENCOURAGE YOU TO POST OR SHARE EM HERE...SA LONG AS THE INFO IS LEGIT

sana wag ka magsawa magsagot sa mga tanong naming mga rookies < UY UY UY...IM NOT THAT OLD PO...BKA MAS MATANDA KA PA SA KIN SIR :boo:

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NOW THIS IS OFF TOPIC FOR ALL OF YOU...

FIRST OF ALL THANK YOU FOR THOPSE WHO HAVE BEEN SENDING PM'S ASKING QUESTIONS ( BKT PURO GUEST ANG PANGALAN NUNG IBA? )

I WOULD LIKE TO ENCOURAGE EVERYONE TO SUPPORT THE LEGISLATED GRADUAL P125.OO ACROSS THE BOARD WAGE HIKE THAT WOULD HELP EVERYONE HERE IN THE COUNTRY..MOSTLY THOSE BELOW MANAGEMENT LEVEL, WHICH ARE THE BACKBONE OF THE PHILIPPINE BUSINESS AND INDUSTRY.

LET US NOT FORGET THAT THIS HAS BEEN LONG OVERDUE, WITH THE FACT THAT CERTAIN LOCAL COMPANIES HAVE PROFITS ( READ: PROFITS - IBIG SABIHIN KITA NA NILA TALAGA ITO TINAGGAL NA ANG GASTOS SA PAG-OPERATE NG BUSINESS NILA ) IN MILLIONS OF PESOS, AND YET DOES NOT SMALL CHANGE JUST TO ADD UP FOR THEIR WORKERS.

ITS A SHAME THAT FOREIGNERS HAVE TO GET US TO THEIR COUNTRY TO WORK AND YET WE OURSELVES ARE NOT ABLE TO DO SO IN OUR OWN SHORES.

SUPPORT THE LEGILATED GRADUAL P125.00 ACROSS THE BOARD WAGE HIKE. :mtc: :mtc: :mtc:

i have a condo unit

i would like to convert the electricity from 220V to 110V except for perhaps three outlets (LR & BR air conditioning and refrigerator/stove)

thoughts? please advise

thank you

ACTUALLY ITS ILL-ADVISED THAT YOU DO THAT, IF YOU HAVE ITEMS THAT RUN IN 110v, I SUGGEST YOU JUST BUY A CONVERTER FOR THAT PARTICULAR ITEM...NOT HOW BULKY IT IS FOR THIS ONE ITEM..IMAGINE THE COST FOR DOIN THIS AT YOUR HOME AND LEAVING SOME SPARE...CONSULT YOUR LOCAL ELECTRICAL UTILITY IF THEY WILL ALLOW IT FIRST. :cool:

ACTUALLY ITS ILL-ADVISED THAT YOU DO THAT, IF YOU HAVE ITEMS THAT RUN IN 110v, I SUGGEST YOU JUST BUY A CONVERTER FOR THAT PARTICULAR ITEM...NOT HOW BULKY IT IS FOR THIS ONE ITEM..IMAGINE THE COST FOR DOIN THIS AT YOUR HOME AND LEAVING SOME SPARE...CONSULT YOUR LOCAL ELECTRICAL UTILITY IF THEY WILL ALLOW IT FIRST. :cool:

thanks for your response

the condo unit is in fort bonifacio. is there any reason that it will NOT be allowed?

i understand that it will be less expensive to just buy converters; however, i've seen way too many cases of 110V equipment getting fried because some inattentive user plugged it onto a 220V outlet.

for planning purposes, just about all electrical equipment/appliances run on 110V except for the A/C units and the ref.

if the wiring conversion to 110V is NOT feasible, i realize that my best next move is to get converters for the rest of the electrical outlets in the condo unit. i also understand that i will then need to get converters that will have sufficient capacity to carry the projected load of the equipment/appliances that each converter will support.

thanks for your response

the condo unit is in fort bonifacio. is there any reason that it will NOT be allowed?

i understand that it will be less expensive to just buy converters; however, i've seen way too many cases of 110V equipment getting fried because some inattentive user plugged it onto a 220V outlet.

for planning purposes, just about all electrical equipment/appliances run on 110V except for the A/C units and the ref.

if the wiring conversion to 110V is NOT feasible, i realize that my best next move is to get converters for the rest of the electrical outlets in the condo unit. i also understand that i will then need to get converters that will have sufficient capacity to carry the projected load of the equipment/appliances that each converter will support.

CASE IN POINT SIR, THE REASON THE CONDO OWNER WILL NOT ALLOW IT IS THAT YOU'D HAVE TO INSTALL SOMETHING WITHIN THE UNIT ( WHICH MEANS YOU GOING TO DESTROY SMTHING ) ANJD BELIEVE ME IT WILL TAKE TIME AND MONEY INSTALLING THOSE BABIES :)

IF ALL YOU NEED IS JUST A CONVERTER, YOU CAN JUST BUY A SORT OF "MASTER INVERTER" WHERE ALL THE APPLIANCE IS PLUGGED ( IT LOOKS LIKE AN AVR, BUT BIGGER AND WELL LESS EXPENSIVE THAN THE ONE YOU PLAN TO USE ) AND ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS SWITCH IT ON ( IF YOU R PROBLEM ARE THOSE "DUMB" PEOPLE WHO'D PLUG IT WONG AND FRY EM)

ALSO YOU MENTIONED OF THE "PLANNING" THING, I GUESS YOU HAD A PROBLEM BECUASE THE PLAN...WELL DIDNT WRK CONSIDERING POWER HERE IN THE PHILIPPINES IS 220...NOT 110 ( IT MEANS WELL...IT DIDNT WRK THE PLAN DID NOT WRK )

SO GIVE YOU A FREE HAND ON THAT I SUGGEST YOU ASK YOUR CONTRACTOR ( IF YOU HAVE ONE ) IF THEY CAN ADD IT TO MODELLING YOU UNIT ( BE SURE YOU ARE CLEAR ON THIS...IF NOT YOU'LL END UP WITH ..WELL BURNT ITEMS ) ASK THE PROPERTY MANAGER OF THE REQUIREMENTS IF THERE IS GOING TO BE REMODELLING ( ERGO - DESTROYING THINGS )

AND SEE IF THE COST IS MANAGEBLE ( DO A COST-BENEFIT ANALYSIS ON THIS TO BE SURE...YOUR MONEY - YOUR PROBLEM ) AND ASK FO A PERMIT FROM THE CONDO GUYS :blush:

IF YOU DONT HAVE A CONTRACTOR, WELL SEND ME A PM AND I'LL GIVE YOU SOME OF MY CHUMS WHO CAN DO THE THING AT YOUR REQUEST. AND SCHEDULE AN OCULAR OF THE AREA :cool:

Q: BAKIT BA MADALAS TINATAWAG MONG TANGA YUNG IBANG MGA ENGR. O ARKITEK NA DI UMAAYON SA RULES.

A: WELL LETS JUST SAY THAT I CONSIDER MYSELF GROUCHY AT TIMES..LIKE DR. GREGORY HOUSE OF HOUSE MD.

AND UNFORTUNATELY " EVERYBODY LIES " THATS WHY I HAVE TO GET TO THEIR LEVEL JUST TO GET MY POINT ACROSS

KUNG SA LUNGSOD ANG TAWAG SA " GAMIT NA KINUHA NG AKSIDENTE SA JOBSITE NA HINDI KANILA AY - SWERTE..NAKAPULOT, SA PROBINSYA ANG TAWAG DUN AY - PAGNANAKAW - JUST PLAIN AND SIMPLE :)

:cool:

sir, san nakakabili ng converter or master inverter... i'm planning to plug a dvd player, printer, and another thing which are bought in the US... magkno kaya

DEPENDS ON THE CAPACITY...YOU CAN ASK YOUR LOCAL D-I-Y SHOP OR SUPPLIER FOR DETAILS...AT TIMES IT LOOKS LIKE AN AVR WITH MANY PLUGS...DEPENDE RIN YUN SA BRAND, HIGHLY ADVISABLE IS YUNG JAPAN OR KOREA MADE

( GUD QUALITY KASI, INGAT LANG DUN SA JA-FAKE...MADAMI YON ) IF YOUR LOOKING FOR SOMTHING CHEAPER MGA GALING CHINA PWDE...TULAD NG MGA NILALAKO SA RAON ( QUIAPO )...

WORD OF CAUTION...

BE WARY OF ITEMS USED SINCE THIS IS THE COMMON CAUSE OF ACCIDENTAL FIRES...

NUF SAID.... SEND ME A PM IF YOU NEED PROFESSIONAL ASSISTANCE, EITHER IN INTERIOR, ELECTRICAL :cool:

• 3 weeks later...
Bossing,

Im planning to buy a lot from an owner sa isang subdivision.

What are the things that i need to be aware on buying a lot or before giving the money.

ex. title, tax, etc.?

Salamat nang marami

P.S. also on buying a condominium din

IN RELATION TO THE QUERY OF DERRICK THAT HAS BEEN POSTED HERE

Im planning to buy a lot from an owner sa isang subdivision < GOOD FOR YOU THAT IS A WISE

INVESTMENT, AND AT LEAST THE ASSET DOES NOT DEPRECIATE, BUT IT APPRECIATES, IT MAY

HAVE ITS PITFALLS LAIKE MAINTENANCE AND TAXES, BUT THEN ITS BETTER THAN NOTHING >

What are the things that i need to be aware on buying a lot or before giving the money. < YOU

CAN READ UP ON MY PAST TOPICS, MOST OF THE ITEMS THAT YOU NEED ARE ALREADY THERE

AND OTHERS LIKE...DEED OF ABSOLUTE SALE - TO MAKE SURE THE SALE IS SEALED TIGHT, OR

DEED OF SALE WITH RESUMPTION OF MORTGAGE - IF THERE ARE STILL PAYMENTS TO BE MADE

ON THE PROPERTY WHICH YOU ARE ASSUMING, CLEARANCES - NOW THIS YOU HAVE TO DO A

LITTLE RESEARCH, IF ITS THOSE GOCC'S THAT HANDLE THE MORTGAGE, BE SURE IT HAS NOT

BEEN FORECLOSED YET IF IT DOES..YOU MIGHT END UP HOLDING THE BAG AND MAYBE WITH

PROBLEMS.>

< ALSO ASK AROUND THE NEIGHBORHOOD IF THERE HAVE BEEN PROBLEMS ON THE AREA...

YOU'LL NEVER KNOW WHAT YOUR GOING TO HEAR..AND BELIEVE ME IT WILL BE HORROR

STORIES ARE THE ONE'S THAT YOU WILL HEAR. >

< IF IT IS GOING TO BE A RESUMPTION OF MORTGAGE, BE SURE THAT YOU DO YOUR PART OF

TRANSFERRING THE PAYMENT FROM THE SELLER TO YOUR ACCOUNT PRONTO!! YOU'LL NEVER

KNOW AT THE END, THEY MIGHT NOT GIVE THEIR CONSENT IN GIVING YOU THE TITLE IF ITS

RELEASED IN THEIR NAME...JUST BECAUSE YOU DID NOT DO YOUR PART - AND THAT IS

ASSUME THE MORTGAGE, SO THAT THEY CAN APPLY FOR A NEW ONE. > :flowers:

AND TO EVERYONE HERE...JUST KEEP ON POSTING :mtc:

HELLO!!

SORRY IF I HAVENT BEEN POSTING MUCH LATELY, ITS JUST THAT I HAVE BEEN BUSY.

RECENTLY I HAVE ASSUMED "BASIC" OPERATIONAL CONCERNS FOR THE CONSTRUCTION OF

ITC HUBS AT FCC NORTHGATE IN ALABANG MC. :D

WELL ITS GOIN TO BE THE SAME SONG AS USUAL...AND YES..EVEN AT THIS STATE, THEY WONT

EVEN GIVE THE COMPENSATION I WANT...< as they put it, "we'll try you first" then adjust it, then contract

what a fu*%@ng baloney !! > well only in the philippines!!!

OH BY THE WAY....

PLEASE REFRAIN FROM CALLING ME " BOSSING ", "SIR", "ENGR" AND ALL THOSE OTHER STUFF..

IM A BIT PROBLEMATIC TO THOSE WHO USE THE TERM, BETTER JUST CALL ME NASTYMERLIN...

BEING IN CYBERSPACE...A NEO-UTOPIA WHERE AT ORDER AND EVERYTHING SEEMS PERFECT,

IT IS BETTER TO KEEP IT THAT WAY...FREE FROM HAGGLES AND TITLES FROM THE REAL WORLD..

NUFF SAID...PEACE OUT EVERYONE!!!

N.B.

I DONT HAVE A DATE, ANY SINGLE, UNAATTCHED LADIES THERE...PM ME

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY !!!

LOVE EVERYONE..LOVE THE ENVIRONMENT..AND SHOOT DOWN THOSE FUC*$#NG CHINE@*^SE POACHERS!!!

Nastymerlin,

I am planning to build a house on a 60sq.m. lot in cavite, I already have a floor plan which I wish to copy and I guess I need full house plan to get construction permit from the municipal office.

Do you have any contacts that could do a compelte house plan (electrical, estimates, bill of materials, plmbung, sewage, etc.) with lisenced signatories? How much would this cost me, if in case i would liek to avail the service?

tia.

• 3 weeks later...
Nastymerlin,

I am planning to build a house on a 60sq.m. lot in cavite, I already have a floor plan which I wish to copy and I guess I need full house plan to get construction permit from the municipal office.

Do you have any contacts that could do a compelte house plan (electrical, estimates, bill of materials, plmbung, sewage, etc.) with lisenced signatories? How much would this cost me, if in case i would liek to avail the service?

tia.

FROM THE QUERY OF FRANCO MIGS...

SORRY FOR THE LATE REPLY, ITS JUST THAT I HAVE BEEN BUSY LATELY, WELL ABOUT YOUR QUESTIONS...

1. I am planning to build a house on a 60sq.m. lot in cavite, I already have a floor plan which I wish to copy and I guess I need full house plan to get construction permit from the municipal office. < WELL I DO HAVE CONTACTS, BUT I BELIEVE TO BE OF SERVICE TO YOU I HAVE LET YOU SCOUT OUT CONTACTS ON YOUR OWN SO YOU CAN KNOW YOUR PRICE RANGE..AND AS I HAVE SAID BEFORE, AFTER YOU HAVE EXHAUSTED YOUR FILL, THEN YOU CAN PM ME IF YOUR OUT OF OPTIONS...THIS IS JUST TO MAKE IT CLEAR TO ALL THAT WHAT IM GIVING IS AN UNBIASED OPINION...IF YOU HAVE THE PLANS, WHERE DID YOU GET IT? IF YOU JUST MADE IT UP, YOU'LL NEED TO HAVE IT REDONE ( MAKE IT INTO A PLAN..AND CONNECT WHATS NEEDED...LIKE STRUCTURAL, ARCHI, MEP ETC. ) 60SQM IS QUITE SMALL YOU KNOW...SO TO BE SAFE ACTUAL COST MAYBE AROUND P8,000/SQM ( YOU SEE..NOW IM GIVING YOU A HINT THAT I KNW THE PRO'S WONT AGREE...IM GIVING YOU A PRICE RANGE ) BUT THAT PRICE IS THE BASIC...IT HAS OTHER THINGS THAT NEED TO BE PAID...AND THAT DOES NOT INCLUDE PRO FEES ( THATS WHY IM TELLING YOU TO FIND SOMEONE YOU KNOW...ALAM MO NA YUNG BAKA PUWEDE NA UMINOM NA LANG KAYO SA LABAS...OK NA PIPIRMA NA YAN :cool: ) >

ABOUT YOUR NO. 2 QUESTION...I THINK IVE ANSWERED MOST OF IT...

IF YOU'RE OUT, JUST PM ME AND I'D GLADLY REFER YOU TO SOME OF MY CONTACTS..OK :cool:

hey lord vader,

you might know where to buy better priced water tanks, many thanks!

IN RELATION TO THE QUERY OF DYAKHARDY

1. you might know where to buy better priced water tanks, many thanks! < WELL IT DEPENDS ON THE CAPACITY OF THE TANK THAT YOU WANT TO BUY...AND THE TYPE OF MATERIAL IT IS MADE...

LIKE IF ITS MADE OF COOKIES...HELL ITS GOING TO BE QUITE EXPENSIVE, AND IT WONT LAST FOR A FEW DAYS :boo:

BUT SERIOUSLY..COMMON MATERIALS ARE THAT OF ALUMINUM, CONCRETE AND PLASTIC LIKE MATERIAL... ALUMINUM IS LIGHT AND IS THE COMMON THING THAT YOU SEE IN RESIDENTIAL AREAS BUT STUDIES SHOW THAT AT TIMES IT IS UNSAFE AS A "CONTAINER" ( YOU KNOW HOW THOSE THINGS GO...PARTICLES THAT GET CHIPPED OFF ARE THE ONES THAT JOIN THE WATER..GET IT ) WHILE PLASTIC-LIKE MATERIAL..ITS A BIT EXPENSIVE BUT IT LAST VERY LONG DOES NOT RUST AND IS EASY TO CLEAN, BUT THE CAPACITY IS ..WELL HUGE BECAUSE IT HAS TO BE ASSEMBLED ( YES IT DOES NEED TO BE ASSEMBLED ).. WHILE CONCRETE..PUT IT THIS WAY - IT LOOKS FOR LIKE A POOL IF ITS IN CONCRETE..THEN ADD THE PRICE FOR WATERPROOFING CONCRETE..THE SEALS, STOPS AND ALL THAT.

BOTTOM LINE IS THAT ALUMINUM TANKS ARE WHAT IS USUALY DISTRIBUTED AND COMMON, IT MAY LAST A COUPLE OF YEARS OR SO DEPENDING ON THE WAY IT IS AFFECTED BY THE ELEMENTS BEFORE IT RUST TAKES IN.

PRICES ALSO VARY...BUT A WORD OF CAUTION...ALWAYS CHOOSE THE PRICE WHERE INSTALLATION AND DELIVERY ARE INCLUDED...IF NOT YOU'LL END UP WITH SOME "SPHERE" ON YOUR DRIVE WAY WAITING FOR SOME E.T. TO GET IT. :boo:

NUFF SAID....

THANK YOU ALL !!!

SORRY IF I HAVENT BEEN REPLYN AS FREQUENT AS BEFORE, ITS JUST THAT IM PART OF THE MANAGEMENT TEAM FOR SOME PROJECTS AT FCC IN ALABANG MUNTINLUPA CITY...

BUT REST ASSURED IM STILL HERE...

KAYA LANG HINDI SULIT ANG BAYAD SA MGA GANITO....HOW COME I ALWAYS GET INTO THOSE DUMB "AAA" COMPANIES WHO TREAT THEIR WORKFORCE LIKE MONKEYS AND PAY US WITH BANANA'S :boo:

ANYONE HERE FROM DOLE....AKSYON NA ...BABAGAL-BAGAL KAYO !!!

hi nastymerlin27,

i would soon be having my house constructed. though i already have a contractor, i hope you dont mind if i ask the following questions:

since i want to keep the project on a minimal cost but with quality i have separated the contract with the contractor: 1st contract is only for the structural erection (roofing, windows, floor finishes, paint excluded) then 2nd and separate contract for finishing ;labor only since i would be supplying the materials myself. i wanted this since ayoko tipirin ung finishing since medyo pihikan ako sa finishing materials.

is this a wise move?

what is usually the ratio of the cost to build the structure and the finishing, 50:50, 60:40? I know this depends on the finishing materials to be used but let's just say range is between middle to a little 2 notches below the top class.

i want to install LEDs as my main lighting source throughout the house, are there NOW locally available LED lighting fixtures on warm white tone? where could i buy them? are they dc or ac supplied?

im also planning to use solar to provide at least 50% of my power needs in the house (that is if it would not cost me an arm and a leg). can you recommend a supplier i could contact? do you have any material showing the cost benefits of using solar power? is there an alternative to it?

i want big and tall sliding windows all over the house, do you know of a glass/window supplier with good quality workmanship with competitive price? which is a better material for the framing, pvc or powder coated aluminum?

as for the roofing, is there a huge difference as far as cost, quality and weight of roof tiles between clay and cement? which is more advisable to use? i know that the spanish tiles are really expensive but are there any good quality reasonably priced alternatives? (brand)?

sorry if i have so many questions but hoping you'd have time to answer them.

thank you.

Nastymerlin,

Tanong lang ako about sa rough estimating ng pagpapagawa ng bahay... like how much per square meters and how much naman usually ang common percentage na dapat gawing profit ng isang nangongontrata ng paggawa ng bahay

thanks..

IN RELATION TO THE QUERY OF PITOTOY2

1. Tanong lang ako about sa rough estimating ng pagpapagawa ng bahay... like how much per square meters and how much naman usually ang common percentage na dapat gawing profit ng isang nangongontrata ng paggawa ng bahay

< WELL...YOU CAN READ UP ON THE TOPICS ABOVE SO YOU'LL KNOW WHAT ARE "SOME" OF THE TYPICAL PRICE RANGE. COMMON PERCENTAGE IS UP TO 10 - 15% DEPENDING ON HOW BIG IT WILL COST...LETS SAY IF ITS MORE THAN 10M THE PERCENTAGE GOES TO AROUND 8 - 10%, BUT IT ALL DEPENDS REALLY ON HOW THE SETUP IS BETWEEN YOU AND YOUR CONTRACTOR >

hi nastymerlin27,

i would soon be having my house constructed. though i already have a contractor, i hope you dont mind if i ask the following questions:

since i want to keep the project on a minimal cost but with quality i have separated the contract with the contractor: 1st contract is only for the structural erection (roofing, windows, floor finishes, paint excluded) then 2nd and separate contract for finishing ;labor only since i would be supplying the materials myself. i wanted this since ayoko tipirin ung finishing since medyo pihikan ako sa finishing materials.

is this a wise move?

what is usually the ratio of the cost to build the structure and the finishing, 50:50, 60:40? I know this depends on the finishing materials to be used but let's just say range is between middle to a little 2 notches below the top class.

i want to install LEDs as my main lighting source throughout the house, are there NOW locally available LED lighting fixtures on warm white tone? where could i buy them? are they dc or ac supplied?

im also planning to use solar to provide at least 50% of my power needs in the house (that is if it would not cost me an arm and a leg). can you recommend a supplier i could contact? do you have any material showing the cost benefits of using solar power? is there an alternative to it?

i want big and tall sliding windows all over the house, do you know of a glass/window supplier with good quality workmanship with competitive price? which is a better material for the framing, pvc or powder coated aluminum?

as for the roofing, is there a huge difference as far as cost, quality and weight of roof tiles between clay and cement? which is more advisable to use? i know that the spanish tiles are really expensive but are there any good quality reasonably priced alternatives? (brand)?

sorry if i have so many questions but hoping you'd have time to answer them.

thank you.

IN RELATION TO WEEKDAYWARRIOR69'S QUERIES

1.since i want to keep the project on a minimal cost but with quality i have separated the contract with the contractor: 1st contract is only for the structural erection (roofing, windows, floor finishes, paint excluded) then 2nd and separate contract for finishing ;labor only since i would be supplying the materials myself. i wanted this since ayoko tipirin ung finishing since medyo pihikan ako sa finishing materials.

is this a wise move? < WELL I GUESS ITS OK, SEPERATE CONTRACT FOR FINISHING WORKS WOULD SUFFICE IF YOU'D WANT TO CONTROL HOW YOUR FINISHING IS TO BE MADE, BUT NOTE THAT WARRANTY ISSUES WOULD BE DIFFERNT IF YOUR THE ONE SUPPLYING YOUR ITEMS. AS YOU HAVE SAID - LABOR ONLY, SO IT MEANS APPLICATION AND ALL THE OTHER STUFF INVOLVED WOULD MEAN IT WOULD BE ON YOU...- SO IF YOU BLEW IT, WELL YOU KNOW THE DRILL, AND BE SURE YOURE FINISHING MATERIALS FIT IN PLACE, I SUGGEST YOU HIRE A PROFESSIONAL TO HELP >

2.what is usually the ratio of the cost to build the structure and the finishing, 50:50, 60:40? I know this depends on the finishing materials to be used but let's just say range is between middle to a little 2 notches below the top class.

< THERE IS NO KNOWN RATIO, IT ALL DEPENDS ON HOW IT WOULD BOIL DOWN TO ACTUAL COST, THAT IS THE REASON THEY CALL IT "ESTIMATE" - IT MEANS ITS NOT EXACT, AND YES IT DEPENDS ON HOW MUCH " 2 NOTCHES" ARE THE PRICING ON THE ITEMS YOU PLAN TO BUY >

3.i want to install LEDs as my main lighting source throughout the house, are there NOW locally available LED lighting fixtures on warm white tone? where could i buy them? are they dc or ac supplied?

< IM NOT SURE IF THEY'RE AVAILABLE, MOST IVE HEARD ARE IMPORTED BUT THEY HAVE LOCAL SUBSIDIARIES HERE, YOU CAN TRY THE YELLOW PAGES ON THAT, IM NOT REALLY THAT PRIVEY WHEN IT COMES TO LED FIXTURES, BE SURE OF THE POWER SOURCE, YOU MIGHT NEED TO HAVE SOME TRANSFORMER OR REGULATOR INSTALLED ON EVERY...NOTE EVERY BULB YOU NEED TO BE INSTALLED, SINCE PINLIGHTS NEED THOSE, I GUESS LED'S DO TOO >

4.im also planning to use solar to provide at least 50% of my power needs in the house (that is if it would not cost me an arm and a leg). can you recommend a supplier i could contact? do you have any material showing the cost benefits of using solar power? is there an alternative to it?

< SORRY TO GIVE YOU THE BAD NEWS...IT WILL COST YOU AN ARM AND A LEG, ITS NOT THAT COMMERCIALLY VIABLE HERE AND MOST OF IT IS IMPORTED, THOSE THAT YOU'VE HEARD BEING SUPPLIED BY NGO'S ON OFF-GRID AREAS ARE ALL IMPORTED. AND HOW MANY SOLAR ARRAY OR PANELS YOU NEED WILL DEPEND ON HOW MUCH PROJECTED POWER YOU WILL USE, SORRY TO TELL YOU THAT THERE ARE ACTUALLY NON-EXISTANT HERE...LETS JUST SAY, POLITICS OF POWER GENERATION HAS A HAND ON THAT, THE MOST THAT YOU CAN FIND LOCALLY ARE THOSE SOLAR POWERED WATER HEATERS, NO- MORE -NO-LESS, I SUGGEST YOU ASK THEM AND THEY WILL TELL YOU WHY THERE " OTHER" PRODUCTS CANT REACH OUR SHORES >

5.i want big and tall sliding windows all over the house, do you know of a glass/window supplier with good quality workmanship with competitive price? which is a better material for the framing, pvc or powder coated aluminum?

< WELL NICE CHOICE OF WINDOWS, BUT BE SURE YOURE LIVING AT A PLACE WHERE THOSE THINGS DONT GET HIT BY STONES...THERE IS A PLACE IN CALOOCAN CITY WHERE FABRICATORS OF SUCH ABOUND, ALSO INCLUDING ARE THOSE BATHROOM FIXTURES...IM JUST TELLING YOU THE DETAILS SO AS IF YOU GET THERE YOU'LL HAVE A CHOICE ON THE WARES AND THE PRICE...JUST KEEPING IN STEP TO MAKE THE READER CHOOSE...IF ALL ELSE FAILS, JUST PM ME >

6.as for the roofing, is there a huge difference as far as cost, quality and weight of roof tiles between clay and cement? which is more advisable to use? i know that the spanish tiles are really expensive but are there any good quality reasonably priced alternatives? (brand)? < YES THERE IS A DIFFERENCE, YOU HAVE TO BE USING STEEL ROOF FRAMES TO SUPPORT THE ROOF..AND YES THAT JACKS UP THE COST, WELL WE HAVE LOCAL BRANDS FOR THOSE ROOF TILES, I THINK TEGULA IS GOOD, AND I THINK ITS LOCAL. CEMENT AND CLAY TILES ARE VERY MUCH THE SAME IN WEIGHT, BUT I SUGGEST U TRY CLAY, THOUGH IM NOT SURE HOW IT COST NOWADAYS, BUT I THINK ITS MUCH MORE CHEAPER, I SUGGEST YOU TRY SCOUTING AT HOME DEPOT IN ORTIGAS, THERE ITS EXPENSIVE JUST LOOK AT HOW IT LOOKS, AFTER THAT JUST SPEED OFF TO CALOOCAN CITY AND FIND YOUR "SHANG-RILA" :cool: >

HOPE YOU CAN ASK SOME MORE

hi nastymerlin27,

What's your opinion on those VASBUILT houses?

Are they any good? Pro's and Con's?

thanks

IN RELATION TO OMNIPRESENT'S QUERIES

1.What's your opinion on those VASBUILT houses?

Are they any good? Pro's and Con's?

< WELL, PRO'S ARE THAT THEY'RE STRUCTURALY SOUND, QUICK IN CONSTRUCTION, EASY DELIVERY...I GUESS THATS THE MOST OF IT....THE CONS, WELL THE HOUSE YOU BUILT IS FIXED IN ITSELF, SO ALTERATIONS WOULD MEAN YOU HAVE TO SEE IF THE "FIXED" STRUCTURAL SETUP WOULD BE ABLE TO HOLD IT, AND YEP IT WILL COST YOU >