Your First Million - Inspirational Stories

I never said tying yourself to one million...the title says making your first million....one million is a milestone...You don't go from zero to 5 million..to most Filipinos it takes years even generations to reach that milestone. ..if you made that through real estate..then post it.. if you made it through stocks..then post it..if you are an OFW who saved enough..then post it... there is really no point in making fun of those who are aiming to make their first. ..even the multibillionaire taipans like Henry Sy, John Gokongwei , and Lucio Tan had to struggle to make their first, they never made comments on how small a million is.. In fact, they emphasized that your should value how you made your first. That is why I created this thread, to emphasize the importance of making your first, a milestone which separates you from the masses.

Thug,, I suggest that you create your own "multimillions" thread if you consider one million "hilarious" and "funny:..... you have already emphasized more than enough that your are a multimillionaire and you consider a million a mere change in your pockets, then why post in this thread?.. this thread is for those who are aiming to make their "first"..unless you are too intellectually-challenged to understand that idea, these exchanges will never end...on the other hand, you are welcome to post how you made your multimillions.

how do you define "make it on your own".. does it mean everything comes from your salary? business? investment?  well net worth is net worth, and a house or real estate counts as an investment..assuming that the real-estate property that you bought for 300k pesos 10 years ago appreciates for it to be valued  now at 1 million, then that becomes your 1st million.. 

just the same, if a stock you bought  5 years ago for 100k appreciates to become 1 million this year.. then that becomes your 1st million.. 

even then.. a 1 million lot or house today is not worth that much.. try to buy a 1 million house these days and what do you get? you will be considered as lower middle class.. middle class houses are valued in the 2 to 3 million peso range..

so basically.. even if you have 1 million pesos liquid cash.. you will probably be living with your parents, or renting, because you don't have your own house..  not owning your own home and being called a millionaire is just funny..  :lol:

so basically, dont tie yourself up with 1 million pesos.. because it is not a big amount of money.. this same conversation has been there 10 years ago.. but for this same topic to still exist these days is just hilarious.. we probably won't expect this to be existent 10 years from now.. where 1 million pesos won't enable you to even buy a 2nd hand taxi cab..

Tigas talaga ng ulo ng batang ito..

Tigas talaga ng ulo ng batang ito..

Sa totoo along, I've been looking forward to hear more about your stories..as in I really do..pero right now puro rebuttal ang nababasa ko.....napakasimple naman kasi nung purpose ng thread di ba....How did you make your first million? mahirap bang intindihin? di ba tol hindi naman? bat di niya maintindihan? :goatee:

Edited by Batabatuta™
Sa totoo along, I've been looking forward to hear more about your stories..as in I really do..pero right now puro rebuttal ang nababasa ko.....napakasimple naman kasi nung purpose ng thread di ba....How did you make your first million? mahirap bang intindihin? di ba tol hindi naman? bat di niya maintindihan?  :goatee:

alam mo tol mahirap umintindi ang taong alang common sense...

why do you needs to be complicated?...

• 2 months later...
I've earned my fortune in many wicked ways like protection racket, gambling, underground currency exchange, entertainment and a lot more. I earned my first million pointing a gun at one of my former associates (may he rest in peace)who tried to run way with my cut. Im now trying to go completely legit and thus have ventured into quite a number of legitimate businesses. I still go for the highest possible returns in the shortest possible time types of businesses though.

hehehe. nice one.

Guest buru_tus
I made my first million at 26.  I was assigned to another country for 3 years and during those times, all my pay in the Philippines was left untouched. At the same time, I was also saving those hard earned dollars. I opened a trust funds during the time for higher interests

made mine when I was 26 also

it was also an overseas assigment!!!

• 3 weeks later...

I made my first million when I was in my late 20s through a combination of earnings from overseas and rela estate investments. Pero I have to say that I started saving my school allowances when I was 8 years old. It's one of the excellent habits I picked up from my father that I still practice to this day.

sali lang po. i made my first million between mid 1998 and mid 2000 at the tender age of 30. used it as downpayment for my house. i was one of those over aged programmers whose skills were considered "obsolete". eh nagkaroon ng y2k scare, some of you may remember that. so nabuhay na naman kami mga "oldies". worked in 3 countries that time, saving my earnings. then i-add nyo pa nung erap impeachment when pumalo ng 57+ and peso.

• 1 month later...

well said!!! it is really difficult to earn your first million in Philippines ... its not the money .. its not the value of it but how you earned it and the values earned despite the challenges and difficulties.

Read this note before you post anything .  I dont care if you think 1 million pesos is a paltry sum, i dont care if you think 1 M is just worth 200 k today. this thread is for how you made your 1st million" . Is'nt the title clear enough for you people? .. you can create you own thread of how you made you first 4 million or first 100 million if you wish.

:

" It's not impt if Mr. Sy. said it 5 yrs ago, 20 yrs or yesterday. A million bucks in pesos is still a big amount of money for most Filipinos. If you can earn it and "keep" it in a day... good. legally? better..without working for someone? best.

I created this thread not as a bragging post for how much you earn or to comment how paltry a sum a million pesos is. This was created to inspire people who despite slaving for years, and earning millions in gross salaries, ...are still showing flat or zero, or worse..negative.. in their net worth,

..this is not for those who inherited millions or business from their parents.

.. this is not for those who earn in dollars .

this is a thread for self-made millionaires who despite hardships and challenges in surviving in the Philippines' environment of political instability and economic woes ...have made it on their own..

thanks.. "

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

i made a lot of money during the celfone heyday.... back wen ERAP was stil president, business was selling lyk hot cakes since free for all pa and wala pa mga big players, also made lots of money from my gambling racket in college, i was so f#&king high i can earn as much as 30k in a week, but now am legit helping my dad ran the biznes, hopefull by next yr wil start my own biznes, my target south east asia den eventually the world :D

i have my own business for 5 years now, and i still have not earned my first 1M. maybe i'm a mediocre businessman, but im working on it. :)

my motivation is still what henry sy said... "only the first million is hard to make." :)

What Henry Sy said is quite accurate. It is a struggle to make the first million and in fact, one may even struggle to make his/her first few millions. Pero after a while, you can start making your money "work" for you. This is what a lot of rich or successful people do. Once they have the money, they invest it in businesses, real estate, etc. They do not necessarily participate in the active management of such ventures pero it's their money that's making such businesses and/or ventures run.

Kakatawa yung pasaway early in this thread. ONE MILLION PESOS is very much a big milestone most especially here in the Philippines where most people live below poverty line. Sa game show nga marami nagsisiguro na sa PERA kesa mag risk sa bayong kasi even having a couple o' thousands of pesos on one's hands is something that most Pinoys won't see happening in their lives.

I started working when i was 15y.o. summer jobs saved up every penny, then took jobs while studying in college, translated the savings to investment in stocks.....then from stocks to businesses.....from thereon dirediretso na......

its true make the money work for you and not you working fr money.......wise investements and especially love what ur doing or love the business ur doing then everything else will fall into place......because i have ample savings im now a freelance/independent business/financial consultant for ailing businesses or for people who wanna get into business......

God bless to all who are aspiring to make it to the millionares club.......just work hard and a little luck.......ul be one.....

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...