Your First Million - Inspirational Stories

well.. im earning a million pesos a year.. but im earning dollars kaya un lolz :P

I have an online business where I earn around 600-1500 dollars a week. It's a fitness programme personalised to help people slim down. I earned 1500 last week without doing anything but sitting and watching tv :)

oh and im 18 yrs old :) im very business minded thats why :P

Edited by nzchick

Boss warhead. Do you trade stocks? Philippine Stocks or U.S.Stocks? Do you mind giving us tips on how to run business and trade stocks? Thanks a lot and I hope you make more on your undertakings.

"Only the first million is difficult to make. After that, the rest is easy - Henry Sy

I earned mine from a combination of running a home-based dot com and playing the stock market.

Boss warhead. Do you trade stocks? Philippine Stocks or U.S.Stocks? Do you mind giving us tips on how to run business and trade stocks? Thanks a lot and I hope you make more on your undertakings.

local stocks lang. Yung lang drawback ng stock market natin. Limited lang issues na pwede mo trade actively. Some stocks are illiquid (meaning low volume, or not traded at all).

WOW! My hats off to you, young padouan! All my life I have been in and out fo businesses but nothing really gave me signifcant successes and eventually, they jsut died down. Frankly, because they are something I don't really like doing. I'm more inclined to e-commerce type of biz but at this point I don't know where to start. Do you know of any trainings or seminars online or per country basis where I can avail of this learning sessions?

I read something about it a couple of years ago about a very sucessful e-commerce entrepreneur in Singapore but soemhow I can't find his website anymore. What do you trade by the way?

your adviswe will be deeply valued.. :) :)

well.. im earning a million pesos a year.. but im earning dollars kaya un lolz :P

I have an online business where I earn around 600-1500 dollars a week. It's a fitness programme personalised to help people slim down. I earned 1500 last week without doing anything but sitting and watching tv :)

Well it's really simple... I noticed that alot of Kiwis are obese and overweight. Having gained weight myself when I moved to New Zealand, I tried sooo many diets to lose weight but none of them were effective enough. After alot of trials, I finally managed to formulate the perfect one and now I'm selling it :)

There's no tips I can give you, only that you have to see everything as an opportunity. I started with buying second hand goods and sellign them on ebay (of course the people know its second hand as well).. now im making mega bucks :P just earned 400 bucks today.. which is like 18,000 pesos :P

• 3 weeks later...

Now its 400 bucks a day? Keeping in this pace, imagine where would you be in the next 5 years! Wow! :cool:

really hats off to you NZchick...all it takes is that small successful step.

Well it's really simple... I noticed that alot of Kiwis are obese and overweight. Having gained weight myself when I moved to New Zealand, I tried sooo many diets to lose weight but none of them were effective enough. After alot of trials, I finally managed to formulate the perfect one and now I'm selling it :)

There's no tips I can give you, only that you have to see everything as an opportunity. I started with buying second hand goods and sellign them on ebay (of course the people know its second hand as well).. now im making mega bucks :P just earned 400 bucks today.. which is like 18,000 pesos :P

1st million? I got it in one shot: saved all of my stock options while i was working for a big tech company (hence the mtc handle) then, fortunately, exercised all of it just before the tech bust of 2000.

i now invest in the US stock market, although on a much conservative scale. playing the market now involves being a jack of all trades: war watcher, weather man, all that bullshit. but every now and then i still venture on yummy tech stock. like, i got google during its IPO. :)

1st million? I got it in one shot: saved all of my stock options while i was working for a big tech company (hence the mtc handle) then, fortunately, exercised all of it just before the tech bust of 2000.

i now invest in the US stock market, although on a much conservative scale. playing the market now involves being a jack of all trades: war watcher, weather man, all that bullshit. but every now and then i still venture on yummy tech stock. like, i got google during its IPO. :)

bro panu ba maglagay ng pera sa tock market ? panu kikita pera mo dun?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi again!

I'm just posting to let you know that I have earned 400k pesos in just 2 months :) My parents are very proud (especially my mum coz I'm earning the same amount she earned back in the Phils and to think I'm just 19 lang)!! :) Just bought them a huge Plasma TV and other luxuries of life. Anyhow, anyone who can help me by buying stuffs from the Phils and export it here in NZ? I would like to buy clothes, and stuffs like that. Kasi mahal dito sa NZ and I'm thinking of setting up my own online shop :)

Cheers and goodluck satin lahat :) FILIPINO RULES :D

Hi again!

I'm just posting to let you know that I have earned 400k pesos in just 2 months :) My parents are very proud (especially my mum coz I'm earning the same amount she earned back in the Phils and to think I'm just 19 lang)!! :) Just bought them a huge Plasma TV and other luxuries of life. Anyhow, anyone who can help me by buying stuffs from the Phils and export it here in NZ? I would like to buy clothes, and stuffs like that. Kasi mahal dito sa NZ and I'm thinking of setting up my own online shop :)

Cheers and goodluck satin lahat :) FILIPINO RULES :D

a month and a half ago, you said you were earning $600 -$1500 per week. now you're saying you earned 400K pesos in just two months. seems to me like your math is a bit off :blink:

how long have you been in business? have you actually earned that million or was it a projection? nevertheless, hope your business prospers :)

just curious, but did you also mean that your mom was making 200K pesos per month when she worked in the philippines? with that amount (and assuming your dad also worked) your family income looked to be a lot more than that of the average filipino family. what compelled you to move to NZ?

a month and a half ago, you said you were earning $600 -$1500 per week. now you're saying you earned 400K pesos in just two months. seems to me like your math is a bit off  :blink:

how long have you been in business? have you actually earned that million or was it a projection? nevertheless, hope your business prospers  :)

just curious, but did you also mean that your mom was making 200K pesos per month when she worked in the philippines? with that amount (and assuming your dad also worked) your family income looked to be a lot more than that of the average filipino family. what compelled you to move to NZ?

Good catch Eagleyes..FUZZY MATH Maybe? You have a very sharp eyes..just fitting with your name.

200K a month is more than what an average white collar worker makes in the U.S.. If I was making 200K a month in PI, I don't think I would have left the Philippines. Peace..have a good one shipmate.

Good catch Eagleyes..FUZZY MATH Maybe? You have a very sharp eyes..just fitting with your name.

200K a month is more than what an average white collar worker makes in the U.S.. If I was making 200K a month in PI, I don't think I would have left the Philippines. Peace..have a good one shipmate.

well that 400K pesos for 2 months is still within her $600 - $1500 per week range; another thing to consider is if she's speaking in terms of US$ or NZ$. whatever the case may be, i hope her business ventures continue to grow :)

Hi guys, the income my business gets isnt always the same. There were weeks that it says I earned 1500, while sometimes I earn 2000 sometimes 800... so it's not really constant. However, here's how much money went in my bank account (serious savers acct) - $6919.58 (round about 240 diets sold) (262,944 pesos)

and for my checking access account (teriary package that I was using before opening my serious savers account for all business transactions)-

$4503.45(round about 160 diets sold) (166,627.65 pesos)

roughly around 2 1/2 months (400 diets sold in 10 weeks, so that's 40 diets a week)

= 429,571.65

It's really personal but since I'm the one who opened the topic then I guess it should be fine. My mom worked as the HSBC manager in Ayala, so she earned quite well. We left the Philippines when she reached her 30-year mark as an employee for HSBC. In other words, we left when she retired. We chose NZ coz we went here for a holiday before, and we absolutely loved it because it's peaceful and alot of our family friends are here.

Sorry for not explaining how my income really is like :) If anyon's interested to be my business partner, in regards to this new business I'm planning to open, kidnly pm me with the subject "expression of interest for business partnership"

:thumbsupsmiley:  nzchick

Good for you NZ chick. I wish you all the best. Who knows you might become the next Jenny Craig,Jeff Bezoz, Michael Dell and all great entreprenuers. Hey.. make us Filipinos proud. Para di OT:

I have not really seen it but I think I make more than a million pesos a year which is pathetic if you're in the states, much less if you're in Japan(I 'm in the Navy for the last 17 years and currently stationed here in Japan).

Hi Eagleyes How are you doing bro.

I really don't wana show the exact site klasi I have a rep*tation here in MTC :P It shows my before and after photos so I really don't wana show that :P hehe :lol: but I accept payments through internet banking most of the time.. yung iba money order :) if i want to earn more money I can, kaso I'm studying and I cant handle the volume of sales every day, unless i-fufull time ko sha. baka this summer I'll open up a site.. I'm looking for a web programmer para nga gawan ako eh :)

thanks for asking, i'm fine :)

how much longer will you stay in the navy? whatever you do, prepare yourself for a second career. take advantage of all the educational opportunities. start preparing for life AFTER the navy. you will make your first million (in US$) soon enough :)

Thank you also Eagleyes. I have a little less than 3 years left if I retire on the 20th year which will entitle me to a puny pension. Maybe I am a little late to be preparing for a second career because I have not decided yet what career I am going to get into after 17 years in the Navy. Any Advice Bro? What would be the best field to get into? I don't really need much but to make million would be great. Does it take a college education( I am still working on my Associates Degree)? I work with logistics and not much into IT. I appreciate the word of wisdom Eagleyes. I hope all is going well with you, your business and your family. Thanks you.