Need help? Just ask me any thing about this topic?

- I also provide free consulatation if incase your in the financial study stage.

- And if you are already importing or exporting pm me lets take a look if its cost efficient and

hasle free

- Do you purchase in wholesale? Import ka nalang kaya?

- Jackpot!!! You have an international wholesale order. Do you know how to handle this transaction?

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Need help? Just ask me any thing about this topic?

-  I also provide free consulatation if incase your in the financial study stage.

-  And if you are already importing or exporting pm me lets take a look if its cost efficient and

hasle free

- Do you purchase in wholesale? Import ka nalang kaya?

- Jackpot!!! You have an international wholesale order. Do you know how to handle this transaction?

I am not really importing but wanted to order online. I don't know how to proceed. How does customs charge you for your order. The item I wanna buy is an electronic chess board cost around 600USD.

The vendor has a UPS shipping option and they charge around 178USD. Do you know if I choose this option I will still be charge extra or do I have to pay more upon delivery??

Any help will be appreciated.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
bros help naman, I'm importing goods from hongkong and china by bulk talaga panu kaya gagawain ko? panu ko madadfala yun dito sa manila kung manggagaling ng bansa na yun???

Importing basic goods (except for those that needs licensing from special governmental orgs) is quite simple. 1st question is how fast do you want to receive your goods. You decide kasi shipping via air or via sea malaking difference sa presyo and depending on coutry of origin difference sa transit time. Once you've decided, you have to check on the volume of goods to be shipped. If maliit lang ang volume, for air you can either have them sent via courier or postal service na lang. If via sea, malamang pa loose cargo mo or for countries with balikbayan boxes, yan na lang gamitin mo. If volume mo malaki, say 32CBM or 64CBM use a 20foot or 40 foot container respectively.

You can contact a forwarder/consolidator if you want but syempre they will charge for their services. And definitely you will need the services of a customs broker once the goods arrive. Ingat sa airport and LC/L shipments as madalas may nakawan sa bonded warehouses.

I am not really importing but wanted to order online.  I don't know how to proceed.  How does customs charge you for your order. The item I wanna buy is an electronic chess board cost around 600USD.

The vendor has a UPS shipping option and they charge around 178USD.  Do you know if I choose this option I will still be charge extra or do I have to pay more upon delivery??

Any help will be appreciated.

Hmm, not sure what the tariff rate is on this item but should be between 15-20%. So US$600 multiplied by the prevailing exchange rate (don't understand why but customers usually uses black market rate) x tariff rate gives you duties to pay. You will also have to add VAT which is computed by adding both value of the goods as well as shipping charges.

If its around 54.5 to the greenback, with a tariff rate of 20%, duties would total PhP 6,540 plus PhP 4,240.10 for VAT. You'd have to pay roughly PhP 10,780.10 in duties and taxes for the item you're buying.

• 2 weeks later...
Importing basic goods (except for those that needs licensing from special governmental orgs) is quite simple.  1st question is how fast do you want to receive your goods.  You decide kasi shipping via air or via sea malaking difference sa presyo and depending on coutry of origin difference sa transit time.  Once you've decided, you have to check on the volume of goods to be shipped.  If maliit lang ang volume, for air you can either have them sent via courier or postal service na lang.  If via sea, malamang pa loose cargo mo or for countries with balikbayan boxes, yan na lang gamitin mo.  If volume mo malaki, say 32CBM or 64CBM use a 20foot or 40 foot container respectively.

You can contact a forwarder/consolidator if you want but syempre they will charge for their services.  And definitely you will need the services of a customs broker once the goods arrive.  Ingat sa airport and LC/L shipments as madalas may nakawan sa bonded warehouses.

bro mga 3 days ko sana gusto dumating na dito mga goods...anu ba mas ok yung mura by ship ba? mga magkano ba magpadating gusto ko sana electronics di ba mahirap magpadating panu sa customs or immigration? thanks tol; cencya na ha di ko talaga alam kung papaano eh...

pogingpogi, some questions:

1. country of origin

2. volume

3. how often

If you're bringing in commercial volume, you will be required to get a CIIS. One suggestion which applies if you're shipping from HKG but not from China, you could use balikbayan boxes. Marami nagooffer nyan there, it's around US$60 but door to door na yan, no duties pa. From HKG to MNL, it's around 2 days max. The only thing is if you have someone there who's willing to pick and pack for you.

Pag malaki laki volume mo, there are other door to door service providers. Comp*tation is by CBM, from HKG parang mga P8-10T per and from China, depending where mga P3,600-4,800 per. Problem is malabo ata makukuha mo within 3 days.

Air freight will be expensive. Meron din mga nagaayos ng releasing ng cargo from airport/bonded warehouse, parang P175-250 per kilo excluding freight charges plus misc.

pogingpogi, your quantity and volume is small to fill a container. Suggest you consider either shipping loose cargo or using one of the consolidators. Shipping loose cargo will require you to get CIIS permit keep that in mind. You might also have to have you product certified by Bureau of Standards since almost all electronics are required to do so.

For consolidators, again they charge via CBM with prices around P3,600 to 4,800 but at least door to door na yan and sila na bahala sa lahat. All you have to do is have your supplier deliver to consolidator's warehouse in China and then they ship our goods and will deliver to your doorstep. Impossible that after 3 days will arrive though as usually takes 5-6 days total. You can check our United Daily News, which is a Chinese daily. Maraming nagaadvertise dyan for these kinds of services.

hi guys!

i'm planning to buy a cd from japan and i found out that even if you buy just one cd, you are considered an importer so here's the question:

the cd costs 1900 pesos, shipping through registered mail included.

how much will i have to pay customs and how do i do that? will i have to go to an office of some kind?

your replies will be very much apreciated, thanks.

hitomi, not much work to do here. Post office will either deliver it to your address (means you don't have to pay any duties and taxes) or you will have to claim it at your municipal post office. You will know if you have to claim at the post office once you receive via mail a white claim stub which will indicate where you have to get it. Remember to bring a valid ID to claim your item. Once you get to the post office, they do have a customs inspector there. Duties and taxes should be around 600 to 700 depends on how much postal costs but madalas if they see that its for personal consumption they don't even let you pay anymore.

hitomi, not much work to do here.  Post office will either deliver it to your address (means you don't have to pay any duties and taxes) or you will have to claim it at your municipal post office.  You will know if you have to claim at the post office once you receive via mail a white claim stub which will indicate where you have to get it.  Remember to bring a valid ID to claim your item.  Once you get to the post office, they do have a customs inspector there.  Duties and taxes should be around 600 to 700 depends on how much postal costs but madalas if they see that its for personal consumption they don't even let you pay anymore.

wow really? thank you so much, that was a big help. :cool: :mtc:

hope the postal guys here are as kind as you say :D

Export:

Im planning to export Virgin Coconut Oil and Baguio Handicrafts to the US or Belgium. How do I go about it. The recipients are my relatives. Do they need to open up a Corporation?

Import:

Planning to import used books, and magazines. How much is the tax?

i am planning to import products from another asian country, kindly educate me on the matter most importantly regarding the legalities :)

First thing first : if your imprting it under ur name, you need to have your tin number, there are form to fill in at customs if the amount of tax your paying would be over 10,000 php. now, if you plan to use a company, you need to have ciis number + tin number & all the rest of the docs of the company such as mayor permit, sec, sss, etc.

it will depend on the item you want to import, you have to check import regulations & prohibited items, such as guns, drugs, etc. but if you'd be importing regular items but not used clothes, specific agri products, & used cars, then its ok to start without the docs i mentioned above. we call it informal entry, or first & last shipment.

Export:

Im planning to export Virgin Coconut Oil and Baguio Handicrafts to the US or Belgium. How do I go about it. The recipients are my relatives. Do they need to open up a Corporation?

Import:

Planning to import used books, and magazines. How much is the tax?

for your export of vco, if its in commercial quantity & you plan to do it for a long time, you need to have bfad here, & registered online on the BTA (Bioterrorism Act) in US. You can check online for the requirements. For Belgium, you need to ask them about their local regulations but you can send it as personal effects, meaning you consign it to a person, but not in a very big quantity, big is about 3 cbm of one item only (vco), you can also do this in the US, but declare the value at a very minimal amount, say US$ 350.00 or less.

for your handicrafts, just make sure its fumigated, you can consign it to a person, us or belgium or get a local forwarder or customs broker & they will arrange everything for you, just tell them what you need.

for used books, magazines, & other paper or printed materials, you need to have a company registered to the bureau of customs, first step, ask a customs broker about the requirements. for some tax references, i think customs now assess taxes & duties based on the kilo of this item, books-US$3.00/K, magazines 3.5-4/K, then convert to php, it becomes the taxable amount.

• 2 weeks later...

Outsourcing Business Can Be Profitable if Done Right

Many businessmen now a day outsource their products from several countries while most of them outsourced theirs from China. There are lots of reasons why businessmen do that, avoiding high cost of production, labor problems, bureaucracy to name a few.

We often heard that China’s produce are cheaper but poor in quality. But do you know that China’s products are becoming more and more competitive worldwide? The quality of their products is now at par with the world market standard. In fact, some of the world most famous brands, from automobiles to computers to RTW, are now being produced there.

The Problem

You may ask, if it is cheaper to outsource quality goods from China, why not every businessmen doing that? Valid question isn’t it?

In my observation, most businessmen basically don’t know where and how to start. Some don’t know where to find what they are looking for. Some don’t know how to consolidate their goods, and most don’t know anybody whom they can trust to handle their goods, or probably all of the above.

Doing business with Chinese businessmen is not that easy. There are some factors to consider like

1. Language and cultural differences

2. Negotiation strategies (products’ quality and price)

3. Arrangement of deliveries and payments, etc.

And one mistake can be very costly. I know an American businessman who lost USD 200,000 because the products that were shipped were not according to his specification (P.O). Imagine having inferior products in your doorsteps or worst products not included in your purchase order, and you cannot do anything about it…I call this big time headache. Many businessmen have suffered similar fate because of doing the “short cuts” to save money but eventually losing a bigger one.

The Solution

What if somebody can go in between the process and substantially minimizing the risk? You get your goods the way you want it and at a competitive price, all for a minimal fee. Yes, I can help.

Email your inquiries to outsource.biz@gmail.com