• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Well first of all, you have to look for a stock broker, once you find one that you like and trust, you now have to ask your father to open an account, once the account is open you then have to surrender those shares or certificate of stock so that they can credit those shares into your dad's account. Once that is done you can now ask the broker to sell the shares at the price you are willing to sell or let go

sorry for the display of ignorance, what account? bank account? how can i find a descent stockbroker?

if im not mistaken,i think what he meant was you open an account with a brokerage firm. or find a broker that works in a brokerage firm(trading participant in PSE). You can look at www.pse.org.ph for the list of brokerages...if your dad has the actual stock certificates..he must "surrender" them to a brokerage firm and the firm, thru the a licensed broker will sell it for you..

Any tips wat gud to buy, I have apx stocks and now in the losing edge...

Just hold on to it...Any mining issue has a bright prospect since, the Supreme Court has ruled that foreigners who invest in the mining industry can own 100 percent of any company they set up, the government is making it a priority to attract overseas investors. We don't have the money or the technology to make extraction viable but foreign companies do and will, given the right incentives.

• 3 weeks later...

you guys want a tip right?

mining industry looks hot, till next 10 -15 years or so. IMO only.

If your seriouse about trading. Look for trading houses, ask for resumes and get your broker. trading houses that can not produce resumes are just lucky, believe me trading takes skills, and when it's your money that is involved you don't want luck.

List the things or industry you want your money to be traded with, your broker should be able to help you out on this ... if you detect that your broker is inept, change him.

It's very important that you read on a lot of stuff. lots and lots of stuff. this is important so you can forecast certain things. keep these 2 words in mind "fear and greed". and with that i leave you guys to your thoughts.

And no im not a broker. I do however play both ends ---

i trade --- pick certain bets and repare for the worst, i have psyched myself that if i lose cause i didnt exit so quickly... dapat ok lang sa akin yun. :(

i sell --- i'm a spin doctor, i make FS's, Business Plans a company's image - look good in paper, and sell them off to bigger companies. I make it a point to become deeply involved with companies i sell, that's how i earn my k*ll.

more tips:

Basic:

read on holding companies playing locally. Know who's who. Know who's selling. Know who's buying. Check their location, ask around, ask how they treat their people (talk to the HR and then talk to the clerks). Research them on the internet, check out who their investing partners are, check the partners background. Hire a private eye and check where they live, find out their family back ground.

Routinary:

Once you get the basics. Check out their trading history, how long they are listed, what they buy, what they sell. Read the local papers, read the business section, read the editorial, go to congress and check out what is being lobbyied. In other words, get deep into the industry as deep as possible.

Advance:

check the weather, political and environmental. Is there a WAR out there you think and feel that will be factored in? Is someone high profile being accused of rape? sh*t like that. Sell high, buy low.

Other tips:

Trading isnt your life. Don't do trading full time, just have fun and take it easy, enjoy when you win pero dapat when you lose okay lang, that's how it is played. That's why you need some distractions like a full time job or a business ... this will keep you balanced and in check.

Take it easy dudes, if you guys have some other tips, please share din, im 2*** and i have tons to learn pa. As of the moment im trading internationally, im betting on CP's and CA's. like i said, locally i have my sites on mining.

hmm...i think Banco De Oro (BDO) will be a very good long term investment. or if you want you can bet on Export and Industry Bank (EIB) penny stock pa lng ito speculative and volatile hehe Pag kinain to cgrado above par na to

Watch out for EIB next week. Suspended sya dis wk because of the disclosure. P3.3B cash/capital infusion by some foreign n local invstors wowwoweeee! haha

For the newbies in the stock market, why won't you buy some bonds to start your investing. I quoted here an FAQ about small denominated bonds or SDTs. This type of investment is not without risk though. But it is better than other corporate bonds and less risky than stocks. Pag-na bankrupt ang gobyerno patay ka rin.

FAQ

Q. What are SDT- Bonds?

A. Small Denominated Treasury Bonds or SDT-Bonds are long term debt securities issued by the Bureau of Treasury of the Republic of the Philippines. The bond is an evidence of indebtedness of the Republic of the Philippines to the owner of the SDT-Bonds.

Q. How are SDT-Bonds different from an ordinary corporate bond? From an ordinary Saving account?

A. SDT-bonds differ from corporate bonds in terms of risk profile of the Issuer. SDT-Bonds have the full backing of the Republic of the Philippines, making it risk-free. On the other hand, corporate bonds entail higher risk that the Issuer may default on its obligations depending upon its stability. Further, compared to an ordinary savings account, SDT-Bonds are by far superior in terms of interest earnings.

Q. Why should I invest in SDT-Bonds?

A. SDT-Bonds are direct and unconditional obligations of the Republic of the Philippines to the holder. This makes the bond a prime collateral should the bondholder need to borrow money from a bank. Further, SDT-Bonds has a fixed coupon rate of 13.625% per annum, paid quarterly. This is among the highest yield that an investor can get from fixed-income securities.

Q. How do I get my interest earnings from bonds?

A. The interest earned from the investment will be credited to the bondholders account quarterly.

Q. What would be my proof of ownership if I invest in SDT-Bonds?

A. The SDT-Bonds will be registered in the Bureau of the Treasury’s (BTr) Registry of Scripless Securities. Since the transfer of securities shall be done electronically, confirmation slips shall be issued in lieu of the bond certificates as evidence of ownership.

Q. If I want to cash-in on my investments in the SDT-Bonds, do I have to wait for the maturity date?

A. An investor need not wait for the maturity date of the bond to recover his investments. Since the bonds shall be listed and traded on the Philippine Stock Exchange, he may sell the bond on the Exchange prior to maturity date.

Q. How do I start investing in SDT-Bonds? What is the minimum amount of investment?

A. Just like an ordinary savings account, an investor has to open an account and present valid identification with a broker before he can actively trade SDT-Bonds on the Exchange. An investor would need at least the minimum amount of investment which is Php 5,000.00.

Q. How is the SDT-Bond quoted on the PSE?

A. The price of the SDT-Bonds will be quoted as a percentage of its face value up to the sixth decimal place. For example, a bond with a face value of Php 5,000 is quoted at 99.000001. The market value of the bond is Php 4,950.00005 (5,000 x 0.99000001)

Q. What are the factors that could affect SDT-Bond prices?

A. The most important determinant of bond prices is the level of prevailing interest rate. As a general rule, the price of a bond tend to increase if prevailing interest rates fall and tend to decline as the interest rate increase. Other factors which could affect bond prices thru the level of interest rates are business cycle, inflation rate and flow of funds.

Q. Are all member-brokers allowed to trade SDT-Bonds?

A. Not all brokers can trade SDT-Bonds. As of 30 April 2003, there are at least 24 brokers accredited and allowed to trade SDT-Bonds, these are:

Abacus Securities Corporation

DBP-Daiwa Sec. SB Cap. Markets Phils., Inc

G. D. Tan and Company, Inc.

JSG Securities, Inc.

RCBC Securities, Inc

Wellex Global Equities, Inc.

BA Securities, Inc

F. Yap Securities, Inc

ICG Securities, Inc

Lucky Securities, Inc

Solar Securities, Inc

Worldsec International Sec. (Phils.), Inc.

I. Ackerman & Company, Inc.

A & A Securities, Inc.

Triton Securities Corporation

First Integrated Capital Securities, Inc.

Goldstar Securities, Inc.

Tansengco & Company, Inc.

Angping & Associates Securities, Inc.

Astra Securities Corporation

Globalinks Securities & Stocks, Inc.

Regina Capital Development Corporation

S.J. Roxas & Company, Inc.

Deutsche Regis Partners, Inc.

Q. How long is the settlement period for SDT-Bonds?

A. Unlike stocks which are settled three days after the transaction date (T+3), trade on the SDT-Bonds shall be settled on the same day (T+0) when the trade is transacted.

There are only 235 listed companies in the Philippine Stock Exchange. If you don't know what stock to buy but you want exposure to the Philippine market DIVERSIFICATION is key.

Buy 5-6 stocks, one in each sector (property, financials, banking, mining, services, holding firms).

You must buy a stock of company that is big, stable and you must have an idea of what their business are all about.

Think long term and follow those companies religiously.

Set a sell condition like if the stock drops 20% or if the stock rises 50%. B)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi MTC Moolah Experts!

Since college, nadidinig ko na itong IPOs. Interesado ako dito, kaso noong panahong iyon (ang sikat yata na IPO that time is Petron), hindi kaya ng allowance ko to get this. Ngayon may konti na akong pangsunog, pinag-iisipan ko kung paano maging passive investor.

Kung mayroon naman kayong tips on IPOs, I would really appreciate some info para ma-break in man lang ako sa raket na ito.

I'll post this IPO info I got from RCBC. I think it's about First Gen's IPO. Baka pwedeng i-case study natin...

====================================================

Initial Public Offering – Information Brief

Offer Shares

Maximum of 344,930,900 common shares with a par value of P1.00 per share, broken down as follows:

180,910,900 to 219,930,900 shares

- to be re-issued out of the Company’s treasury common stock (Primary Offer)

Up to 125,000,000 shares

- to be offered by the Selling Shareholders composed of FGHC International, AIDEC and Sumitomo Netherlands (Secondary Offer).

Offer Price

P51.00 to P62.00 per Offer Share

Over-allotment Option

Option granted by the Company to the Stabilizing Agent, UBS AG, exercisable within 30 days from the Listing Date, to purchase additional common shares comprising up to 15% of the Offer Shares to cover over-allotments, if any.

Eligible Subscribers

Any natural person of legal age residing in the Philippines regardless of nationality, or any corporation, association, partnership, trust account, fund or entity residing in and organized under the laws of the Philippines and/or licensed to do business in the Philippines, regardless of nationality, subject to the right of First Gen to reject and application or reduce the number of offer shares applied for subscription or purchase if the same will cause the Company to be in breach of the Philippine ownership requirement under relevant Philippine laws.

Minimum Subscription

100 shares; in multiples of 100 shares thereafter

Use of Proceeds

Proceeds of the primary offer will be used for improvements to existing facilities, investments in capacity expansion, which may include potential acquisitions of power generation facilities and the development of Greenfield projects. A portion of the net proceeds will also be used by the Company for general corporate purposes, including working capital and investments.

Foreign Ownership

Limited to a maximum of 40.0% of the Company’s issued and outstanding capital stock entitled to vote

Tentative Timetable

Domestic Offer Period – January 31 to February 6, 2006

Listing Date – February 10, 2006

================================================================

Questions:

1. Where do I need to go to buy shares?

2. What are the extra charges to look out for?

3. Sabi dito, ang Offer Price ay P51.00 to P62.00 per Offer Share. So ano talaga ang presyo?

4. How do I redeem my investment? May lock-in period ba?

5. Lahat ba ng IPOs OK pasukan?

Thanks. :)

Hi MTC Moolah Experts!

Since college, nadidinig ko na itong IPOs. Interesado ako dito, kaso noong panahong iyon (ang sikat yata na IPO that time is Petron), hindi kaya ng allowance ko to get this. Ngayon may konti na akong pangsunog, pinag-iisipan ko kung paano maging passive investor.

Kung mayroon naman kayong tips on IPOs, I would really appreciate some info para ma-break in man lang ako sa raket na ito.

I'll post this IPO info I got from RCBC. I think it's about First Gen's IPO. Baka pwedeng i-case study natin...

====================================================

Initial Public Offering – Information Brief

Offer Shares

Maximum of 344,930,900 common shares with a par value of P1.00 per share, broken down as follows:

180,910,900 to 219,930,900 shares

-  to be re-issued out of the Company’s treasury common stock (Primary Offer)

Up to 125,000,000 shares

-  to be offered by the Selling Shareholders composed of FGHC International, AIDEC and Sumitomo Netherlands (Secondary Offer).

Offer Price

P51.00 to P62.00 per Offer Share

Over-allotment Option

Option granted by the Company to the Stabilizing Agent, UBS AG, exercisable within 30 days from the Listing Date, to purchase additional common shares comprising up to 15% of the Offer Shares to cover over-allotments, if any.

Eligible Subscribers

Any natural person of legal age residing in the Philippines regardless of nationality, or any corporation, association, partnership, trust account, fund or entity residing in and organized under the laws of the Philippines and/or licensed to do business in the Philippines, regardless of nationality, subject to the right of First Gen to reject and application or reduce the number of offer shares applied for subscription or purchase if the same will cause the Company to be in breach of the Philippine ownership requirement under relevant Philippine laws.

Minimum Subscription

100 shares; in multiples of 100 shares thereafter

Use of Proceeds

Proceeds of the primary offer will be used for improvements to existing facilities, investments in capacity expansion, which may include potential acquisitions of power generation facilities and the development of Greenfield projects.  A portion of the net proceeds will also be used by the Company for general corporate purposes, including working capital and investments.

Foreign Ownership

Limited to a maximum of 40.0% of the Company’s issued and outstanding capital stock entitled to vote

Tentative Timetable

Domestic Offer Period – January 31 to February 6, 2006

Listing Date – February 10, 2006

================================================================

Questions:

3. Sabi dito, ang Offer Price ay P51.00 to P62.00 per Offer Share. So ano talaga ang presyo?

Thanks.  :)

i seriously would not hype much about this stock as a majority of Lopez-owned stocks are falling.. also Meralco is also having some problems with the government.... but to each his own...its your money

anyways..

Pare,

I'm just citing First Gen as case study. But it does not follow na kukuha ako nito. Actually, I'm setting my sights on GMA dahil baka this na sila mag IPO. Gusto ko sana ready ako once GMA goes public. Balita ko din Robina will go public with its new capitalization needs.

Kaso nga, ignarante ako how IPO works. I'm sure other members would also appreciate to know a thing or two about this. So ire-raise ko ulit yung mga tanong ko:

3. Citing, for sample purposes, the case of First Gen na may Offer Price P51.00 to P62.00 per Offer Share, ano talaga ang presyo nito?

6. When is a good time to get in and bail out, just in time for grate piece of the action?

Thanks pare.

i seriously would not hype much about this stock as a majority of Lopez-owned stocks are falling.. also Meralco is also having some problems with the government.... but to each his own...its your money

anyways..

hi! yung #5 question lang masasagot ko with certainty: hindi lahat ng IPO magandang pasukin. kailangan tingnan mo muna kung ok ba o magaling ang company kasi sayang naman ang pera mo di ba?

chaka yung #1 question, kung RCBC ang nag IPO, sa kanila ka punta o magtanong o kaya gumamit ka ng broker. yun nga lang, siyempre may bayad pa si broker. :)

For the newbies in the stock market, why won't you buy some bonds to start your investing. I quoted here an FAQ about small denominated bonds or SDTs. ... Further, SDT-Bonds has a fixed coupon rate of 13.625% per annum, paid quarterly. .. An investor would need at least the minimum amount of investment which is Php 5,000.00.

:boo:

sounds like a slow and complicated way to make money bro.

medyo off-topic pero me friend ako managed to triple his P 6,000 in two weeks buying what we jokingly called are ARROVO notes.

yung mga supposedly accidentally misprinted na peso bills. apparently a lot of people out there are willing to pay up to P 500 for a P 100 bill with a misspelled signature. at the very least ,whatever happens you will always have the face value of your bills. zero risks,aside from the possibility of accidentally spending it.

( and i'm sure those bills are going to be worth more once , and if, arrovo gets ousted or whatever ) hehe