^wala yan sa bilis ng computer na gamit mo, nasa traffic load yan ng servers nila kasi madaming gumagamit pag normal working hours lalo ngayon palapit na deadline.

Sa mga nahihirapan on accessing efps online, try accessing the website mga after 5pm. Ganyan din ako these last few days pag sinusubukan ko mag online during working hours, kahit anong browser gamit ko tinotopak pa rin yung site pero nung sinubukan ko mga bandang 6pm onwards naging smooth naman, medyo natagalan lang sa minor setbacks pero I was able to finish filing at around 9pm with minimal lags.

Edited by glut_func

^matagal na pong pinatupad ng BIR ang efiling, sa pagkakasabi sa kin as early as 2009 nag announce na ang BIR about it lalo na dun sa pag sign up ng account for the efps. Ngayon lang naghigpit. Ang hirap kasi sa iba, gusto pa talaga photo-finish sa pag file kaya nainis na rin ang BIR kaya hindi ko sila masisi kung maghigpit sila ng ganito.

Buti nga naawa pa sila at kahit papano inextend ang deadline until end of april.

Is it normal for a company to collect 10%, supposedly as tax every payday even if they have an agreement with the employee that the company and the employee have no employee-employer relationship? They just treat their employees as Service Providers and they ask them to sign the BIR Form 2307. Is that legal?

Is it normal for a company to collect 10%, supposedly as tax every payday even if they have an agreement with the employee that the company and the employee have no employee-employer relationship? They just treat their employees as Service Providers and they ask them to sign the BIR Form 2307. Is that legal?

this is called consultancy contract.... yes, it is accepted.

Basically you need to accomplish the BIR Form No. 1701 (since i assume in lieu of your profession yung service na nirerender mo sa company). Make sure you have secured also a copy of BIR Form 2307 from your client, if any. otherwise, yung reason for not withholding.

and lastly.. if i may ask sir, how much yung range nung payment sayo nung company?

What's the proper withholding tax if consulting ung contract? I have encountered some companies offering 2% and 10% withholding. What's the difference? Would like to know in case I would accept such offers in the future.

also, is it correct na it's not just withholding ang tax? I still need to file with bir? anu anu taxes pa un? also I encountered some coworkers na in consulting arrangement, collecting receipts and said they would be filed as expenses so lumiit and tax. panu un?

is this something doable by an individual or would need an accountant for filing?

i have 2 concerns po regarding tax..

1. i was hired on in feb 2014, the company changed the name june of same year. wala ba tlga kaming makukuha na tax refund?

2. dapat lang ba na employees ang ngfifile ng 1700 if you'r working with a private company?

Thanks

ask your hr or your boss.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

i have 2 concerns po regarding tax..

1. i was hired on in feb 2014, the company changed the name june of same year. wala ba tlga kaming makukuha na tax refund?

2. dapat lang ba na employees ang ngfifile ng 1700 if you'r working with a private company?

Thanks

1. Walang effect yung change name sa tax refund. Maybe the reason bakit wala kang tax refund is underwithholding upon annualization ng income mo:)

2. if employed ka and no income other than compensation earned thru employee-employer relationship and properly withheld ang income mo(withheld monthly=tax due for the year) hindi kana required magsubmit ng 1700 unless kailangan mo for other purposes (e.g. bank loans, car loans, etc.)

• 11 months later...

I have a question.

If for the first 7 months you were enjoying a TAX shied of 15% because the company is ROHQ. Then you moved to a new job in which it is not a ROHQ.

Is there any unpaid taxes on my account? Do i have to pay the 17% that was not withheld in my previous work?

I have a question.

If for the first 7 months you were enjoying a TAX shied of 15% because the company is ROHQ. Then you moved to a new job in which it is not a ROHQ.

Is there any unpaid taxes on my account? Do i have to pay the 17% that was not withheld in my previous work?

It would be best to consult the payroll master of your new employer. AFAIK, taxes on compensation is based on the total compensation you get from January to December. But there may be some provisions with regards to employment by ROHQ entities.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 6 years later...