Free-Will or Pre-Destination?

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Both cannot exist in the same universe.

If you are pre-destined there will be no free will. no matter what you do or what you choose, you will come to a pre-destined point.

If you have free will then pre-destination would be false. for example you are pre-destined for hellfire but you somehow used your "free will" and got to heaven, then where's your "pre-destination" now? meh...

• 11 months later...

I guess I ascribe to this as samurais would ascribe to it...nobody gets out of life alive and that is already a certain predestined fact for all things living...but since I am of the highest order life form and the realization of my potential is of the highest importance and order...it is paramount that "I" should determine how I decide and act upon on how to achieve and proceed trough perfecting my craft in every waking moment of my life...so that in the end it will be a beautiful death...and that is free will.

We may have all come come from the same sky as rain...and we may have fallen to the dry land or still and moving waters to carve our own paths of beauty or madness given whatever circumstances were present at the time...but in the end we will all return to the great cyclical design...for if we ascribe to science...We are Matter...We are neither created nor destroyed...We are always in the process of change...and our cycle design are so vast and multi-faceted for one life-cycle to observe and witness...and yet our thinking mind perceives the immensity of the design (that we even created a concept of God, The Soul and Perfection to find meaning and assurance)...so even if we were predestined in our being a part of the cyclical design of existence...it is our free-will to choose which ones to take in the journey around the multitudes of those cycles and back again. Hoping we choose the ones most functional, beneficial and enjoyable to experience but still ever clearly a part of a system and cycle.

So life becomes a huge choose your own adventure book...with multiple paths to many ends (and just like that book, we learn from our choices and re-pick or move on) but the twist is that in life's choose your own adventure book it is so thick that our shelf-life of existence just won't be enough to see and experience all...we see some of it's other pages in the unfolding of its stories in other lives ( we even created a system for it...we call it History)...but never everything....and even that must have been part of the design....

:D

Edited by muad_dib
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...