• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Peeps... tagal ko nawala sa dito sa MTC, just to share something about this topic. CCNA is easy just put you heart into it kung gusto nyo mgtipid there is CBT Nuggets for CCNA, CCNP, VOIP (interactive video un) so you can study at home na lang para karing ng enroll sa class. If you want TIP QC offers CCNA boot camp for 1month (3meetings /wk) tuwing sembreak nga lang nila offer un for Php 4,500 lang. Ung prof dun magaling industry ung approach nya so gd for those who is not in the Networking industry yet m-appreciate nyo agad why do you need the to learn those configs and info stuff.. Ung prof dun is an ex-TAC (Cisco TAC).

To the other fellow asking about firewalls.. Cisco has firewall products it offers PIX and ASA. PIX (Packet Internet Exchange), ASA (Adaptive Security Appliance) hehe. GNS3 is good download nyo sa GNS3 dot net okie!! it offers not only router but switches and firewalls rin kaya ok. Ako dun ako ngtry mglab ng complete network set-up switch -- firewall -- router --> WAN.

Un palang prof sa TIP offers cisco bootcamp anywhere basta in manila lang. 50k ung fee nya bahala kayo kung saan ung venue, kung 10 kayo mas tipid 50k/10 so mas mura diba.. He works on NOC Operations rin sideline lang nya magturo. Hobby nya tlga. So if you are interested IM me na lang then ill text him.

For those who wants to shift work sa NOC send me your resume then we'll see.. only requirement is minimum attended CCNA-1 and up, CCNA na the better. Salamas mga peeps.

Here is something to ponder on.. got this quote sa isang CCIE engineer..

Success is never final... Failure is not the end so keep on trying until you make "History" or until the Engineer is History! Be Humble, always think that no matter how good you are.. there is always someone better than you..

i just took the CCNA exam last Nov. 6, and its fairly easy, all because of the dumps that i got before taking it. But one piece of advise, andaming ng naka CCNA, you really cant tell whose knowledgeable theoretically, practically or both. If you really want to formally study it i recommend:

1. RIVAN Sys - a friend of mine strongly recommended this institution especially those who is 0 knowledge in networking systems may be even those (-)'s

2. MFI - good facility

3. MAPUA Intramuros - some benefits is that you get to mingle with the kolehiyalas

4. MAPUA School of IT in Makati - nice place, nice crowd

5. La Salle - You will really get a chance to do sight seeing

6. this is the cheapest i heard 3,500 per module in UP. i forgot the name of the institution

But then again, learn the basics by the heart, its your first step for the certifications. though i just passed my CCNA, i landed a job here in the South, where the pay is really good PM nyo na lng ako for details.

Also to add, CISCO is really making a run for our money, they have other certifications available this year.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
hi guys im new posting threads. if you want CCNA training inquire at this site www.rivansystems.com. im not promoting this site but i think it is one of the best CISCO training center here in manila. you know why?? its because almost all cisco intructors in MFI are came from this center. if you're interested just call 7308724 or drop by at their office.. but i'll tell you guys CCNA is not enough....

i would like to correct you on this matter, actually the owner of Rivan Systems Robert Victor came from MFI. he was a student originally at MFI and then later on became an instructor, went out, teached in other bootcamp centers and created his own school. Try to ask him if he's familiar with these MFI instructors: Jeff Agruda, Bong Tanada, Jojo Baldeo, Opel Galvez.

almost all cisco instructors in the Philippines have their roots originating in MFI, including Mapua which is previously a local academy of MFI (MFI is a regional academy) :)

• 1 month later...

If you are looking at a career in the Administration side of IT (whatever kind - Windows, Unix HP3000, etc) - I think CCNA will be good since it is actually mostly basic in its coverage - something like Networking 101.

However - there is a shift in the mind-set now for IT and most are going for process related certifications - like PMP and ITIL.

• 1 month later...
i would like to correct you on this matter, actually the owner of Rivan Systems Robert Victor came from MFI. he was a student originally at MFI and then later on became an instructor, went out, teached in other bootcamp centers and created his own school. Try to ask him if he's familiar with these MFI instructors: Jeff Agruda, Bong Tanada, Jojo Baldeo, Opel Galvez.

almost all cisco instructors in the Philippines have their roots originating in MFI, including Mapua which is previously a local academy of MFI (MFI is a regional academy) :)

Well said, bro!

Magagaling ang mga taga MFI. I'd rather recommend you folks to taking up CCNA via CNAP then anything else. Rivan would tell you that you have reviewers to read and it'll help you pass. Those are exam dumps.

Now, if you're after true learning in Cisco, nothing beats CNAP.

validity ng CCNA ay 3 years, and it will expire you need to take any cisco exams to renew it.

Not any Cisco exam. Only a 642 exam of a CCIE written exam can renew your CCNA besides taking up CCNA again.

• 4 weeks later...

for exam takers, avoid brain dumps, it will only make you "paper certified" read practice from actual routers if possible, kung walang routers, use simulators

pa plug kung ok lang since i cannot post an ad pa due to posting limitations

we are offering ccna1-4 academy training / 5 day bootcamp

1 router 1 student po sya

instructor is ccie written/ccnp/ccai - so the course ware is allowed by cisco

kindly visit us at http://www.diosphilippines.com/cisco.php or call 4398115 / 09213211005

thanks po

20+ post pa lang ako.... hehehehe

for exam takers, avoid brain dumps, it will only make you "paper certified" read practice from actual routers if possible, kung walang routers, use simulators

pa plug kung ok lang since i cannot post an ad pa due to posting limitations

we are offering ccna1-4 academy training / 5 day bootcamp

1 router 1 student po sya

kindly visit us at http://www.diosphilippines.com/cisco.php or call 4398115 / 09213211005

thanks po

20+ post pa lang ako.... hehehehe

CCNA is soooo basic - you don't need an actual router. Plus the exam is disappointing in that aspect. The only thing worth learning in CCNA is VLSM, CIDR, VTP, STP, PVSTP, basic routing skills. Nothing that a simulator can't do. If you want more, then sims won't work and that's the time you'd use an real router or an emulator.

I doubt Cisco will "allow" that. Only Certified Learning Partners, a sponsored organization, and CNAP CCAI's teaching in an Academy center is allowed for an official Cisco course delivery - that's unless he has access to CNAP and illegally enroll the participants.

I just don't like the advertisement. I think we have a section for that.

CCNA is soooo basic - you don't need an actual router. Plus the exam is disappointing in that aspect. The only thing worth learning in CCNA is VLSM, CIDR, VTP, STP, PVSTP, basic routing skills. Nothing that a simulator can't do. If you want more, then sims won't work and that's the time you'd use an real router or an emulator.

I doubt Cisco will "allow" that. Only Certified Learning Partners, a sponsored organization, and CNAP CCAI's teaching in an Academy center is allowed for an official Cisco course delivery - that's unless he has access to CNAP and illegally enroll the participants.

I just don't like the advertisement. I think we have a section for that.

wow idol na kita. panis na panis pala sayo ccna e.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

bro that's an SC connector. LC is a bit smaller.

Picture of LC.

http://www.cablesdirect.com/prodimages/FDLC-10M_LR.jpg

I would assume that the opposite end goes to the carrier? You can request the carrier to re terminate the fiber to an LC connector if you want to use the SFP (aka mini gbic). Or you can purchase an SC-LC adapter.

http://www.cypressindustries.com/shoponlin...prod=FAM2SCFLCM

I would suggest that you request a new cable termination from the carrier since adapters adds losses to the signal. Based on the color of your fiber it is multimode. I'm using 4 Gig SFPs for Core Router to Edge Router and Core Router to Production Switch. And I use a 3 - 10 Gb GBIC for the Edge to the carriers. Best to know what you are interfacing with by getting the details from the carrier so you can purchase the right SFP.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...