Portland Trail Blazers

Blazers' Roy leaves game against Warriors with apparent knee injury

Associated Press Sportsupdated 10:19 p.m. ET Jan. 9, 2008

PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) -Portland Trail Blazers guard Brandon Roy left Wednesday night's game against the Golden State Warriors after he appeared to injure his right knee.

Roy, last season's NBA Rookie of the Year, crumpled to the court after he collided with Golden State's Al Harrington. He was helped off by a pair of Portland trainers.

The extent of the injury was not immediately available.

Going into the game, Roy led the team in scoring with an average of 19 points. He was also averaging 4.5 rebounds and 5.6 assists.

Roy sat out most of the Blazers' previous game against the Utah Jazz because of a tailbone bruise.

i think it's nothing serious, as far as i know he returned to that particular game in the 2nd half and finished it.

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
portland guys, i think you will get your wish in your boy BATUM getting more minutes if and when they would pull the trade that would send TRAVIS OUTLAW to memphis for Oden buddy Mike Conley Jr.

:)

Hindi kaya ibigay ang PT kay Conley? Conley is sucking it up in Memphis.. If Portland is thinking of getting Oden's buddy for Oden to play well, then I have to say that its a wrong move.. Sayang si Outlaw.. Now if they would bench Conley and give more PT to Batum, then that would be nice.. But I still prefer Batum sharing PT with Outlaw rather than getting the all-hyped Mike Conley..

this will be the challenge for Kevin Pritchard the rest of the way as they obviously won't be able to keep all these talented kids on deck for the long-term.

there has to be a plan or they're gonna lose out on several buy-low opportunities like the Bulls did.

some weeks back, one Bulls fan site had to say the obvious about Pau Gasol (2 years after the fact): "He sure looks like a guy we should've traded for."

so yeah, it would be nice if they got something for Outlaw while he's got value.

he's not a bad player at all but it might be wise to let Batum off the leash if he figures to be part of their long-term plans.

Rudy could also get some burn at the 3-spot, jacking up the Spaniard's minutes.

maybe thats the plan... to give outlaw's playing time to Batum andnot wasting such valuable player as Outlaw so they rather trade him than to bench him... but i dont think Conley is worthit. dont you guys think that the Blazers are packed w/ PG's if this trade pushes thru?

Nope.. I think they only got S-ROD and BLAKE as their PG so it won't hurt if they get another one..

It will also put more PT for RUDY and BATUM at SF.. Ang problema na lang nila is paano kung bumalik

na si WEBSTER dahil sobra n nmana sila sa SF position.. Sana ang gawin na lang nila kumaha na lang

sila ng veteran sa trade na pwede nila i-waive for future cap space.. :goatee:

Hindi kaya ibigay ang PT kay Conley? Conley is sucking it up in Memphis.. If Portland is thinking of getting Oden's buddy for Oden to play well, then I have to say that its a wrong move.. Sayang si Outlaw.. Now if they would bench Conley and give more PT to Batum, then that would be nice.. But I still prefer Batum sharing PT with Outlaw rather than getting the all-hyped Mike Conley..

they also have good PG in sergio r and steve b. kaya it's highly unlikely that Portland will get Mike Conley..

pero who knows, they might give out Steve Blake for Mike Conley so that they would give starting PG duties to SERGIO RODRIGUEZ because he is a good complement to DABOY!!

:flowers: