#SONA2017 DU30

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 FleurDeLune

FleurDeLune

Chienne Počte

• 4065 posts

Posted 25 July 2017 - 01:28 PM

You can post your comment in this thread. Thank you. 

Related link:

SONA 2017: What some senators wanted to hear

Metro Manila (CNN Philippines) — President Rodrigo Duterte gave several marching orders to lawmakers in his second state of the nation address (SONA) on Monday.

Among them were the controversial bill reviving the death penalty for heinous crimes and the comprehensive tax reform bill.

Both measures have been passed at the House of Representatives and are now pending before the Senate.

Sen. Dick Gordon said the death penalty bill would still have to pass through debates at the upper chamber.

"The President is our friend but we don't march to all his drumbeat," Gordon said.

He added he was also uncertain that the Comprehensive Tax Reform Program would pass in full at the Senate. The proposed measure had been criticized as anti-poor because it would lower personal income tax but would increase tax on petroleum, cars and sugar-sweetened products.

#2 jopoc

jopoc

MTC Oblation Runner

• Ambassador
  • 22053 posts

Posted 25 July 2017 - 04:17 PM

SONA pala yun

akala ko standup comedy. 

• Cambrium likes this

#3 james cutter

james cutter

The Main Event

• (09) Manic Poster
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3615 posts

Posted 25 July 2017 - 04:46 PM

It was a sublime SONA by Duterte. That SONA came from the heart. He didn't hold back punches. He lambasted the "yellowtards" and spoke about Marawi, the bills that he wants prioritized by Congress and the CPP-NPA. He even had time for the leftists outside after the SONA. Yan ang tunay na pangulo. 

#4 mydnyt_man

mydnyt_man

Choosy with Pussy

• (09) Manic Poster
  • 3246 posts

Posted 25 July 2017 - 10:16 PM

He isn't perfect, no president is was or will ever be. Each has their good and bad. The only difference the current one is trying to fix the issues. the way may or may not be right at least he's doing something. No one person can ever please everyone. Therefore, its best we all set the negativity aside and contribute to the solution instead of being part of the problem. He won fair and square. Man up!
  • Gwen Morales likes this

#5 camiar

camiar

Camiar

• (09) Manic Poster
  • 3396 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 09:17 AM

Synopsys of Duterte's SONA from BusinessWorld opinion writer Greg Macabenta's point of view:

1. You do drugs -- you die.

2. You are human rights advocates and disapprove of my anti-drug policy -- you can go to hell.

3. You are corrupt officials -- you get fired.

4. You exploit the country’s natural resources -- you get screwed or taxed to death.

5. You are Jose Maria Sison -- I no longer want to talk to you or the NDF.

6. You do not approve of my China policy -- look what China is giving us in terms of aid.

7) You are the United States -- you still owe us for terrorizing and exploiting us in the past.

8. You are an ordinary citizen unhappy with red tape -- you can complain directly to me.

9. You are the Supreme Court -- get the hell out of the way, I’m trying to do my job.

10. You are a soldier or policeman -- I have your back and I’m willing to die with you.

#6 Bolj

Bolj

Wanton

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 704 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 10:29 PM

Well unlike past sonas, this sona mostly lack the "show of" of a president. Ramos has military type command on his sonas, erap has colorful sonas, gma had defensive sonas, pnoy has rookie oration type sonas, and digong has veteran street type sonas.

#7 jopoc

jopoc

MTC Oblation Runner

• Ambassador
  • 22053 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 12:39 PM

i guess the SONA was written by Fake News Queen Mocha.....

http://newsinfo.inqu...o-tro-on-rh-law

even digong is into fake stories now. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: #SONA2017, DU30

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users