Meron akong fully-paid (56K) pension-type plan from a pre-need company. After 12 more years, I should be paid annually for 5 years (total amount 250K).

The company is not big. Actually, their office of 50 people, has now shrunk to a mere 3 rooms.

I am sure the company will close before the maturity of my plan. Sinagest lang kasi ng nanay ko to dati (kasi naging agent sya). Merong clause sa contract about the funds being placed on a trust fund and that in a worse event, that trust fund would pay the plan owners. Not quite sure wether the payment will be the return of the original paid amount (i.e. 56K) or the whole proceeds come maturity.

Ang tanong: intayin ko pa ba ang maturity or pre-terminate ko na (only 47K ata)?

Paki-explain din sana yung regarding sa trust-fund as a guarantee of payment for the plan holders.

Maraming salamat sa inyong feedback.

I have a powerpoint presentation on something I used to lecture. It's called "Investments 101". Give me your email addy and I will send it to you. It is a bit skewed towards UITFs but at least you know.

Hi Dr_PepPer,

Could you send me also that lecture? Im planning to invest my hard earned money and it will be very helpful.

My email ad is: ethan_clark16@yahoo.com

Thank you in advance!

• 3 weeks later...
Meron akong fully-paid (56K) pension-type plan from a pre-need company. After 12 more years, I should be paid annually for 5 years (total amount 250K).

The company is not big. Actually, their office of 50 people, has now shrunk to a mere 3 rooms.

I am sure the company will close before the maturity of my plan. Sinagest lang kasi ng nanay ko to dati (kasi naging agent sya). Merong clause sa contract about the funds being placed on a trust fund and that in a worse event, that trust fund would pay the plan owners. Not quite sure wether the payment will be the return of the original paid amount (i.e. 56K) or the whole proceeds come maturity.

Ang tanong: intayin ko pa ba ang maturity or pre-terminate ko na (only 47K ata)?

Paki-explain din sana yung regarding sa trust-fund as a guarantee of payment for the plan holders.

Maraming salamat sa inyong feedback.

Para sa akin, trust your instinct. Mahirap nang magtiwala pa sa mga pre-need companies pagkatapos ng paglugmok ng PMP at CAP. Kahit may trust fund, you are not sure how much is left in their bank coffers. If you know someone from SEC which regulates these companies, he would be most likely to know better.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
i personally find these endowment plans to be very expensive. If you want to be insured the rule is "buy term and invest the rest"

If you do so you will be more liquid and you will have more money. Pretty good combination eh?

I agree big time with parbuster! Endowment or permanent plans are very expensive. The main point of a life insurance is to leave something to your creditors and/or beneficiaries in case of death. So why pay a lot for a life insurance premium if you could pay less. A permanent plan costs more compared to term plan. Sabi nga ni parbuster, "Buy term and invest the rest!". But of course, depende pa rin sa bibili kung ano ang gusto niya. Kasi if you're after the life insurance part, I suggest term plan na lang ang kunin. Pero kung may investment on the side of the life insurance part, syempre permanent plan yun.

PERO MAS MAGANDA KUNG PRESYONG TERM TAPOS MAY GUARANTEED INVESTMENT RETURN (unlike sa permanent plan na hindi guaranteed ang returns)!

So, you might want to check out my comparative analysis with banks and the company I'm part of, National Life Insurance Company at http://ph.88db.jobsdb.com/PH/Views/PostDet...px?PostID=70953. Eto ang original na "Buy term, Invest the difference!".

Cheers!!!

I agree big time with parbuster! Endowment or permanent plans are very expensive. The main point of a life insurance is to leave something to your creditors and/or beneficiaries in case of death. So why pay a lot for a life insurance premium if you could pay less. A permanent plan costs more compared to term plan. Sabi nga ni parbuster, "Buy term and invest the rest!". But of course, depende pa rin sa bibili kung ano ang gusto niya. Kasi if you're after the life insurance part, I suggest term plan na lang ang kunin. Pero kung may investment on the side of the life insurance part, syempre permanent plan yun.

PERO MAS MAGANDA KUNG PRESYONG TERM TAPOS MAY GUARANTEED INVESTMENT RETURN (unlike sa permanent plan na hindi guaranteed ang returns)!

So, you might want to check out my comparative analysis with banks and the company I'm part of, National Life Insurance Company at http://ph.88db.jobsdb.com/PH/Views/PostDet...px?PostID=70953. Eto ang original na "Buy term, Invest the difference!".

Cheers!!!

CORRECT LINK FOR MY COMPARATIVE ANALYSIS OF TIME DEPOSIT IS AT http://ph.88db.jobsdb.com/ph/views/postDet...px?PostID=70953

• 2 months later...

accountability,

di ko alam kung na-pre-terminate mo na plano mo o hindi pa pero comment na rin ako. Syempre alam naman natin na lugi ka sa transaction na yan, pero base sa binigay mong figures, yung termination value na sinasabi mo ay lumalaki over the years and it will be near the maturity value a year before the maturity date; kung ganun nga, baka pwede mo pang i-delay ng kaunti yung pag-pre-terminate mo para makabawi ka man lang (yan ay kung gusto mo talagang ipa-terminate yung plan mo).

Di ko rin naman kilala yung pre-need company na binabanggit mo pero may mga pre-need companies na ganyang kalaki na ang trust fund ay umaabot na sa 1.5 Billion. Kung kaunti lang kayong planholders ang nag-sha-share dyan sa fund na yan, I would think kaya mo pang patagalin plano mo. Yan eh mga naiisip ko lang. I hope it helps. =)

• 9 months later...
Guest silenciotira

I am looking for HMO for my father kasi Im planning to move out to my current job by Dec.2008 or Early Jan.2009.

I need to purchase one dahil I know there are waiting periods,in case of emergency "hinog" na para magamit ko for hospitalization (wag naman sana) kung mag ooccur pa uli ang sickness ng father ko.

He is currently suffering from stroke..

Ma co-cover kaya ito on the next healthcard na bibilihin ko?

We are currently using MiDSERB....wrong spelling noh (lol)

Kasama ito sa benefit ko as an employee..

Ano po ang affordable?

Tips naman po

• 1 month later...
i personally find these endowment plans to be very expensive. If you want to be insured the rule is "buy term and invest the rest"

If you do so you will be more liquid and you will have more money. Pretty good combination eh?

agree with you 100%. used to work in an insurance company and the cost of getting an endowment plan would really k*ll you for the first 10 years. afterwards, its all money, in which, if you have invested in other channels can provide you with the liquidity as well as the savings target that you want to achieve.

but i think insurance companies these days have stopped selling term insurance.

I am looking for HMO for my father kasi Im planning to move out to my current job by Dec.2008 or Early Jan.2009.

I need to purchase one dahil I know there are waiting periods,in case of emergency "hinog" na para magamit ko for hospitalization (wag naman sana) kung mag ooccur pa uli ang sickness ng father ko.

He is currently suffering from stroke..

Ma co-cover kaya ito on the next healthcard na bibilihin ko?

We are currently using MiDSERB....wrong spelling noh (lol)

Kasama ito sa benefit ko as an employee..

Ano po ang affordable?

Tips naman po

as far as i know bro, any illnesses and complications from resulting from that illness will not be covered anymore. so for example, your father has already had a stroke, so pag na stroke ulit sya, hindi na sya ma-cocover nung new medical card mo. and if something happens to him which is related to the stroke (example: heart attack), hindi na rin covered yun.

and its spelled as MediServ.

• 1 month later...
Is this something offered by Sun Life Financials? I saw that Sun Life Financials now have promo girls, tall hot girls in mini skirts. I only want to talk to them ehem.

I have seen two of them on mall tour at SM. The tall one is a Chinese or Singaporean girl, the other one is a local pinay. pretty sila pareho sir. hehehehe!

Family first is crap and full of s@%t!

pwede makipost :upside:

tanong ko lng, maganda ba ang family first?

May nakasubok na ba?

Edited by JWalker09

GSIS is killing the local non-life insurance company like those you find close to LTO. I saw their posts and their "hinaing" in killing their industry. Pleaing to PGMA to stop this!

Uy, OK pala ito ha? Sama ko na din yung insurance products na ino-offer ng GSIS. Eto iyong non-life insurance namin. Kaso this is limited lang sa mga GSIS members and their dependents. Sayang nga kasi gusto naming icover pati non-members, kaso ayaw kaming payagan ng Insurance Commission. Masyado kasing mura products namin.

Anyway, for our enhanced non life, meron kaming Motor Vehicle (comprehensive), Fire Insurance/Personal Accident, Property Floater, Marine and Aviation, Bonds, etc.

Sample lang, sa motor vehicle. Kadalasan yung comprehensive sa P650K worth na brand new na sasakyan ranges from P25,000 to P30,000.

Sa GSIS, it's as low as 1.6 percent ng value nung sasakyan. So for the same type of vehicle, you pay only P10,400. So easily, for the same insurance cover, makakatipid ka ng about P19,000. DI na masama di ba?

Kaya kung GSIS member ka, or asawa, anak, or magulang ka ng member, go to any GSIS offices to get this, or call GSIS General Insurance at 891-6352.

Thanks.

Edited by JWalker09
GSIS is killing the local non-life insurance company like those you find close to LTO. I saw their posts and their "hinaing" in killing their industry. Pleaing to PGMA to stop this!

bro sorry that you are misinformed on this issue. the TPL insurance you buy around lto in the good old days is a scam. usually the complaint is that in anything the government try to compete price is uncompetitive and unrealiable. killing the local industry is not a good reason not to pursue the project. if the public will get a better service at a lower price then why not? the private companies, just like in any other indutsry, should be able to show that the government is not capable. public interest is the paramount issue.

agree with you 100%. used to work in an insurance company and the cost of getting an endowment plan would really k*ll you for the first 10 years. afterwards, its all money, in which, if you have invested in other channels can provide you with the liquidity as well as the savings target that you want to achieve.

but i think insurance companies these days have stopped selling term insurance.

term insurance is still around. nagbago lang focus kasi merun na combination of investment and term insurance. it works on basis that the term insurance will guarantee your future payments to your investment. you must realize that the weakness of term insurance is that you throw away money every year (parang sugal) if you fail to die. this is good for those with short term requirement like making sure you have money to pay a loan or education for your children in case of death. the idea of an endowment is that you have no expertise and time to handle your savings so that you give it to the insurance company on a guaranteed return (which on certain types is not entirely accurate).

term insurance is still around. nagbago lang focus kasi merun na combination of investment and term insurance. it works on basis that the term insurance will guarantee your future payments to your investment. you must realize that the weakness of term insurance is that you throw away money every year (parang sugal) if you fail to die. this is good for those with short term requirement like making sure you have money to pay a loan or education for your children in case of death. the idea of an endowment is that you have no expertise and time to handle your savings so that you give it to the insurance company on a guaranteed return (which on certain types is not entirely accurate).

agree with you here too... (actuarial ka ba bro?)

basically, its all a matter of need, requirement and budget. kaya nga may needs analysis process ang mga insurance companies eh.

its hard to determine if you really need one, the results and the budget to pay for it on at least, a quarterly basis. lahat naman tayo may need, pero hindi tayo lahat may capability to pay.

• 5 months later...

meron akong kinuha na insurance nung 2001 and ang sabi sa kin nung agent, pag-abot daw ng 7 yrs, pede nang hindi hulugan kasi ung interest nung premium ng binabayaran ko ang magbabayad ng premium. Only to find out na nung naka-7 yrs na ako na ang sabihin ba naman sa akin ng agent na hindi ako qualified sa self-liquidating option na 'yun!! Kaya ingat tayo sa mga ganun na agent, makabenta lang ng policy, kung anu-ano na ang sasabihin sa 'iyo. :thumbsdownsmiley:

meron akong kinuha na insurance nung 2001 and ang sabi sa kin nung agent, pag-abot daw ng 7 yrs, pede nang hindi hulugan kasi ung interest nung premium ng binabayaran ko ang magbabayad ng premium. Only to find out na nung naka-7 yrs na ako na ang sabihin ba naman sa akin ng agent na hindi ako qualified sa self-liquidating option na 'yun!! Kaya ingat tayo sa mga ganun na agent, makabenta lang ng policy, kung anu-ano na ang sasabihin sa 'iyo. :thumbsdownsmiley:

your agent could be right. there are self-liquidating options in each policy, but each policy would depend on the performance of the cash values and/or dividends of the policy.

since these projections depend on the investment environment of the country in which the insurance company invests in, pwedeng magbago yan depende sa investment income.

your agent nor your insurance company is not fooling you. these options are conditionals, as i have said earlier, depending on the investment conditions and income.

Guest lustfortravel

your agent could be right. there are self-liquidating options in each policy, but each policy would depend on the performance of the cash values and/or dividends of the policy.

since these projections depend on the investment environment of the country in which the insurance company invests in, pwedeng magbago yan depende sa investment income.

your agent nor your insurance company is not fooling you. these options are conditionals, as i have said earlier, depending on the investment conditions and income.

i agree with google. the insurance companies couldn't have foreseen that the rates would substantially drop in those seven years . the agent wasn't fooling you at all. however, you may want to ask if the self-liquidating portion was simply "extended" for a few more years instead of the initial 7 year forecast. it's possible that it will still be self-liquidating in a few more years.

i agree with google. the insurance companies couldn't have foreseen that the rates would substantially drop in those seven years . the agent wasn't fooling you at all. however, you may want to ask if the self-liquidating portion was simply "extended" for a few more years instead of the initial 7 year forecast. it's possible that it will still be self-liquidating in a few more years.

A majority of insurance agents don't know what they are talking about when discussing investments, especially projections. Investment officers rarely commit to a period over one year. This is not intended in any way to criticize insurance agents, but if the agent is not really a finance expert, its always caveat emptor, especially when long term forecasts are made. My own worthless opinion.

Guest lustfortravel
A majority of insurance agents don't know what they are talking about when discussing investments, especially projections. Investment officers rarely commit to a period over one year. This is not intended in any way to criticize insurance agents, but if the agent is not really a finance expert, its always caveat emptor, especially when long term forecasts are made. My own worthless opinion.

point taken, dr. pepper. i would agree that not all insurance agents have the necessary expertise; their primary objective would be to sell the product. in the case of zeep, it's possible that the agent just "mimicked" the script given to them on the 7-year projection. as you said, let the buyer beware then. :)