Poll: Uso Pa Ba Ang Maginoo Ngayon?

Uso Pa Ba Ang Maginoo Ngayon?  

106 members have voted

1. 1. Naniniwala ka bang uso pa ang ganitong kaugalian lalo na sa mga kalalakihan?

• Oo naniniwala ako
    • Hindi ako naniniwala
    • Hindi sigurado

ang pagiging maginoo doesn't mean that you have to give your seat to the lady standing in front of you sa bus, mrt, etc or ang pagsabit sa jeep para magpaupo ng babae. let's face it, sa lifestyle, klase ng trabaho, and other factors, lahat tayo pagod when the clock strikes the time to go home (which by the way eh hindi na lang 8 to 5 or 9 to 6).

being a gentleman is having courtesy and manners. let's say sa lrt and mrt, guys (and gals) hayaan munang makababa yung nasa loob bago kayo pumasok. hindi naman aandar ang tren habang may bumababa or sumasakay pa. in an elevator, step out if you're in front and people behind you are exiting even if it's not your floor yet. avoid talking loudly on your phone when you're in a restaurant. speaking of which, a gentleman doesn't have to foot the bill ALL the time, maybe the first, but subsequent dates, a real gentleman would be open enough to admit that he needs help (financially when needed and just a tip real women would appreciate this).

just to add, a gentleman is never late for an appointment (whether it be date or a meeting. no excuses because he knows how to manage his time). he also knows how to say sorry not because he feels he's wrong or he thinks he is. he says sorry because he values and respects a person more than his ego. and a gentleman knows how to voice out his opinions, thoughts, ideas, and views. he stands by his principles without getting into a fight/argument.

in response to the question, yes. i have met and known real gentlemen and am still seeing some men who truly understand and live the life of a real gentleman.

Edited by DarkEinjel
  • Like (+1) 3

I do not doubt na meron paring mga lalaking ibibigay ang upuan nila sa isang babae. A better question is, for the boys, when you give your seats to girls, what do you expect?

For me kasi, i always try to give my seat to and girl (matanda, bata, buntis, pangit o maganda). In return though, i still expect na at the very least, mag-thank you man lang sana yung babae. The problem kasi kaya kumokonte na yung nga gentlemen is because girls do not appreciate the effort.

Di lang yan sa pagbigay ng upuan. Sometimes, even sa pagbukas ng pinto. Meron pa ngang isang instance na pinagbuksan ko yung girl ng pinto, but because nakabarong ako since galing ako ng office, aba, ang akala ba naman e security guard ako!

Meron pang iba na pagbukas mo ng pinto para pumasok o lumabas, sila pa yung unang lalabas (o papasok) tapos bibigyan ka pa ng smug look. Ang sarap hampasin ng pinto sa mukha (this goes for both boys and girls).

Simple courtesies like saying thank you when someone did something for you or being courteous enough to let the one who opened the door go in (or out) first will go a long way in preserving the rare pokemon called gentleman.

• Like (+1) 1

sa tingin ko meron pa naman, baka on hiatus or sabbatical Lang siguro :D

call it being naive, but was just exposed to these f#&kboys: douchebags, liars, cheaters, SOBs. I can say that some uses being 'maginoo' as a tactic to get what they want.

pero I think, meron pa rin pero di na siya uso, classic na Lang :D and you're probably not looking at the right places. so don't settle, you'll find them..eventually.

I do not doubt na meron paring mga lalaking ibibigay ang upuan nila sa isang babae. A better question is, for the boys, when you give your seats to girls, what do you expect?

For me kasi, i always try to give my seat to and girl (matanda, bata, buntis, pangit o maganda). In return though, i still expect na at the very least, mag-thank you man lang sana yung babae. The problem kasi kaya kumokonte na yung nga gentlemen is because girls do not appreciate the effort.

Di lang yan sa pagbigay ng upuan. Sometimes, even sa pagbukas ng pinto. Meron pa ngang isang instance na pinagbuksan ko yung girl ng pinto, but because nakabarong ako since galing ako ng office, aba, ang akala ba naman e security guard ako!

Meron pang iba na pagbukas mo ng pinto para pumasok o lumabas, sila pa yung unang lalabas (o papasok) tapos bibigyan ka pa ng smug look. Ang sarap hampasin ng pinto sa mukha (this goes for both boys and girls).

Simple courtesies like saying thank you when someone did something for you or being courteous enough to let the one who opened the door go in (or out) first will go a long way in preserving the rare pokemon called gentleman.

exactly!

may mga tao pa rin kasi na parang feeling nila it's their "right" na paupuin sila ng mga lalake or pagbuksan sila ng pinto, paunahin pumasok, etc. kaya siguro akala ng marami dying breed na ang mga gentlemen. but they are still out there and marami pa rin naman sila.

simple values and courtesies can be much appreciated by a sincere thank you, at sa mga taong hindi ginagamit ito para makuha ang gusto nila they get more encouraged to show their upbringing.

modesty aside, i try to say thank you sa mga taong gumagawa nito, kahit security guard or cleaning staff pa yan. pero i also say that sa mga tao (men and ladies alike) na nagpapauna sa akin pumasok/lumabas ng pinto may hawak man ako or wala. kasi dapat we encourage yung magandang paguugali. :)

Based on my experience (as well as most my friends), ayaw ng mga babae sa lalaking maginoo... Feeling kasi ng mga girls tingin namin sa kanila weak, or un iba naman feeling nila pag nagpakagentleman kami ay ibig sabihin type na namin sila...

Okay lang naman sana maging gentleman, a simple thank you would be nice.. kung deadma lang, okay lang rin... pero wag naman sana un pagmumukhain ka pang tanga like most girls do..

Guys who still act gentleman-like are basically guys who don't care whether they get laid or not... We are simply being nice... But if you want to get the chicks, being gentleman isn't the way to go...

#personalOpinion

Oo naman marami pa mga ganyan..pero nababawasan na rin kapag nakasalubong ng mga

bwiset

na babae..i can say i am one of them i did everything i could to make my ex happy..from opening the door for her to sharing the last piece of food i like to her. Heck even in bed i made sure she always come even if i already did. I dont like daty but i still did it to her just to make her feel good. Unfortunately i was played a fool for 4 years and now i dont know if i could trust anyone as much as i did. I cant say im a total jerk now but i dont care anymore about women..the mentality of "pare pareho lang mga yan..lolokohin ka rin lang nyan.." what a waste..

Edited by FleurDeLune
Watch your language!