yup, yan din problem ko sa convergys. nagresign me nung april this year and dito sa new employer ko, hinihingi ung itr ko from convergys. nung tumawag kami sa convergys, end of the year daw ibibigay un or icocompute pero nung tumawag ako sa BIR mismo, sbi nila, dapat daw ibigay na ng previous employer ung ITR mo para macompute ung annual income tax mo. anlabo nga e. :(

hello! started working last year. pero till now di pa ko nag babayad ng tax. pano ba ko mag start mag bayad? i want to have an ITR din kc eh. thnks

are you self-employed, or working for a company?

if working for a company, you'd probably have your taxes withheld, and at the end of the year you would be given a filled-up BIR form 2316 for your file. That's substituted filing. That's good enough evidence that you have done your part.

are you self-employed, or working for a company?

if working for a company, you'd probably have your taxes withheld, and at the end of the year you would be given a filled-up BIR form 2316 for your file.  That's substituted filing.  That's good enough evidence that you have done your part.

self employed po ako. :goatee:

i have a company w/ 3 employees.. pati sila di ko na babawasan for the taxes. kc yun previous na pinasukan nila di daw bayad ng tax. maliit pa lang po company ko pero i want to pay taxes para mas maayos. thnks

Just a question....Is it legal for companies/establishments to charge additional 4% when purchasing with credit cards?...thanks much and God Bless....noah

Nope... may case na dyan dati na nag charge yung establishment ng cerrtain additional percentage sa purchase price normally yan sa mga appliance centers, di i-honor ng credit company. So when ever they will charge you, just let it be, then tell to the credit companies that the purchases price includes certain addtional percentage and they will exclude that on your next billlings...

• 3 weeks later...

hi tax experts!

magkano po kaya ang tax ng isang (1) cd na galing japan? tsaka pano babayaran yun? anung office ang pupuntahan? kasi kahit isang cd lang yun importer ka na daw.

plano kong bumili kasi dun, ang magagastos ay 1900 pesos kasama na shipping thru registered mail.

BusinessWorld (writer Philip Salvosa) reports on the following pronouncements of Comm. Bunag on EVAT issues in his speech before the FPI  (Dec 19, 2005, p S1/7):

1.  BIR will help in efforts to repeal the 70% cap on input taxes.  The cap destroys the input-output mechanism of the VAT.

2.  In the meantime that the law has not yet been amended, BIR will give some leeway to taxpayers:

- Under the RR, the cap shall apply only when input VAT exceeds output VAT.

-Input taxes incurred before the law took effect last Nov 1 could still be claimed until they are exhausted.  Only then will the 70% cap apply.  Laws and regulations should be applied prospectively.

* An RMC will be issued to reiterate this thrust.

thanks for the heads up shadowfang..now all we need to do is keep our fingers crossed on the matter...and sit on our hands til the actual RMC is promulgated...would appreciate a full text if any becomes available...

thanks again...

that means kulang ang tax withheld by your company. probably because of a wrong comp*tation or hindi pa sila nag-adjust for year-end.

wat do you mean ok here is my full situation ive been working in my current company since aug 2005 and they asked for my ITR from the previous employer, so i gave them a copy of it, then they told me i should pay my tax due, or kung gusto ko daw ibabawas sa salary ko, bkt ako meron nun(tax due)? tnx for the reply... :cool:

Just started my own business late 2005. But I over withheld the salaries of my employees and have remitted them to BIR. What do I do sa 1601 form ko for the month of December 2005. I did not withhold anything anymore as of December 2005 because I notice that I overwithheld their salaries before December 15 payroll. Need advice kasi deadline ng 1601 next week.

wat do you mean ok here is my full situation ive been working in my current company since aug 2005 and they asked for my ITR from the previous employer, so i gave them a copy of it, then they told me i should pay my tax due, or kung gusto ko daw ibabawas sa salary ko, bkt ako meron nun(tax due)? tnx for the reply... :cool:

Maybe because some of your taxes from your previous employer was not withheld and remitted that's why you have tax due. Or the taxes withheld by your current employer was inadequate.

I was issued a business license 5 years ago but did not use it in anyway, am i liable for tax payments knowing di ko naman ginamit ni minsan?

You will be penalized for deficiency tax payment if you have operation and generating income as well. HOwever, you did not operate during that years, you will be liable for basic surcharges because the local government requires you to inform them that you did not operate or you have stop operating...

Business licenses are issued by the local government unit and is a requirement for BIR registration. Non use of license could mean no operations and therefore no income. Most likely you did not go as far as registering with BIR. If this is the case, in another year without any business, nor business location chances of you getting caught is almost nil, even if you are indeed cited for violation, you may raised the 5 year statute of limitations as defense. Just an opinion.