what i dont eat na lang...

1 - saluyot - ewww

2 - celery, red & green bell pepper - too strong flavor

3 - all sorts of beans except the one used to make ginisang mongo

4 - sigarilyas - lasang lupa

5 - kalabasa and gabi - too mealy

up til last month i didnt eat ampalaya but ... i learned how when i cooked pinakbet and my cuzins got on my case bout leavin the ampalaya behind.

so i ate it and it wasnt that bad naman. i also learned that ensalada dish -- slice ampalaya in strips, put salt and soak in some water then squeeze excess water off.

mix vinegar, salt and sugar and let boil for a bit, add the ampalaya and tomatoes. perfect w/ fried fish!

yum. i luv veggies.

I'm not a vegetarian but I really have no problems eating veggies... I thank my parents and grandparents for being creative with the way they introduced vegetables in our meals when i was little. I think it was the right approach - for us to be familiar with eating various veggies without feeling like you are forced to eat them especially at such a young age.

Im not also fond of vegetables but consume it out of health but I found out when I ate at king crab restaurant the pagsinawsaw mo ng thousand island sasarap yung let say lettuce, yum yum because of the sauce yan siguro kailangan para maenganyo kaya kumain ng gulay.

• 2 weeks later...

when we were young we used to hate everything that's vegetable, and as we grow older our taste becomes discriminatingly flavorsome and we realize that eating veggies is healthy. come to think of it, we need veggies in our growing-up years more than we need in our later years.

that's life little ironies.

I'm an Ilocano so I was trained to eat the weirdest combinations of vegetables ever! (just think about dinengdeng or the famous Ilocano pinakbet and that's not even really weird.. :D ) I immensely enjoy eating all vegetables even the slimy ones.. Saluyot and okra... :P My love :wub: for vegetables propelled me to become a lacto-ovo-vegetarian!!! :lol:

Marami pala tayong vegetarian dito. That's nice.

Just a little information for those who may be wondering. The term "vegetarian" isn't derived from the word "vegetables," as is commonly believed. Rather, it comes from the Latin term "vegus," which means whole, sound, fresh or lively. There are also different kinds of vegetarians.

A semi-vegetarian does not eat red meat, but may consume fish, chicken, eggs and dairy food.

A pesco-vegetarian may eat fish, eggs and dairy food, but not other animal foods.

A lacto-ovo vegetarian (like myself and some others here) does not consume animal flesh, but may eat eggs and dairy foods.

A lacto-vegetarian may eat dairy foods but not eggs or animal foods.

An ovo-vegetarian consumes eggs but not other dairy or animal foods.

A vegan refrains from all animal foods, including dairy foods and eggs.

A fruitarian eats only fruits, seeds, nuts and the like.

For those who want to know more about the moral and ethical reasons behind a vegetarian lifestyle, try to get a copy of Frances Moore Lappe's "Diet for a Small Planet." It's quite hard to find in our good old RP, but if you know anyone who has it, it's worth the read.

• 1 month later...
Guest dopleganger
Marami pala tayong vegetarian dito. That's nice.

Just a little information for those who may be wondering. The term "vegetarian" isn't derived from the word "vegetables," as is commonly believed. Rather, it comes from the Latin term "vegus," which means whole, sound, fresh or lively. There are also different kinds of vegetarians.

This is really intresting, thanks.

I like Veggie's. Okra and Broccoli are my faves.