What's So Special About Starbucks?

Personally, I prefer Seattle's Best. However, I think Starbucks is a hit because of the following:

a) offers an alternative to smokey bars & dark places to meet up with friends

B) they're almost everywhere!

c) offers an alternative to beer / alcoholic drinks that is "cool"

d) you can read, work or study there without being disturbed by the staff

Just my thoughts...

:cool:

i like starbucks not because of their coffee.. their coffee's good but not that good for me to prefer it over the others...

what i like about starbucks is the place itself... especially when i'm cramming for my exams... i can stay there and really have a quality time studying... yes, the place is noisy but the noise is at a decent level where you can still concentrate on whatever you're doin...

at the same time, i can enjoy good music.. and have a nice cup of coffee...

:D

Starbucks was recently on the cover of Fortune magazine,Schultz the owner of Starbucks according to him is not a place you go to for coffee,but rather as a third place,the first two being work and home,starbucks is a envisioned as a place that is in between work and home,where you can do work,study etc in a homey enviroment.small bit of trivia,how many here know that Starbucks owns Seattles best coffee internationally,different franchise owners in different countries pero one owner.Schultz said our goal is to be number 1 and number2,rumour is that they are negotiating to buy coffee bean the singapore group with a branch sa GB3.imagine kung natuloy all the coffee places in GB3 owned by starbucks and people dont know any better evil :P

This is a very simple topic but I must say that it's very interesting too. Well, I think that the reason that makes starbucks so special is its ambiance. The semi-dark semi-bright setting makes it easy for the caffeine addicts to adapt to the mood. That's the case here in New Zealand. I think back in the Philippines, most of the reason why people love starbucks so much is it makes them feel that they are part of the upper class since people who usually go there are somehow.. well off.