Unfinished Business

Wow! No one knows about Odd Thomas in my circle, except my sister, whom I just forced to read the book lol. If you haven't heard yet, a movie adaptation has already been completed. A new book, Odd Apocalypse, will also be released in July. A three part novella, Odd Interlude (only in ebooks), has also been released. Kinda exciting but I'm still reluctant to read another Odd book after Odd Hours which was so-so. I might take a look at Odd Interlude sometime next week though.

On topic:

Oryx and Crake by Margaret Atwood

I seriously forgot the reason why I haven't finished this book. I'm guessing I have abandoned it when I got Palahniuk's Choke.

Methinks I will never read another Atwood after finishing her THE BLIND ASSASIN, as nothing may ever top it. The book is just plain amazing. A novel within a novel.

Back to topic. Curiously, I abandoned Austen's PRIDE AND PREJUDICE a third of the way through. Dunno why. Must be something wrong with me haha.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Methinks I will never read another Atwood after finishing her THE BLIND ASSASIN, as nothing may ever top it. The book is just plain amazing. A novel within a novel.

Back to topic. Curiously, I abandoned Austen's PRIDE AND PREJUDICE a third of the way through. Dunno why. Must be something wrong with me haha.

That's interesting. I'll check it out.

The Ruins by Scott Smith, another one from my ever growing list.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I can never get past the 8th chapter of Bag of Bones by Stephen King

and The Testament by John Grisham has been gather dust by my night stand.

It has been nearly a decade (and hundreds of books read) since I picked up and started reading these two books but I cannot for the life of me seem to finish.

The authors are certainly not at fault. I have read one or two Stephen King novels that really bore me to death and Bag of Bones definitely makes for an interesting novel. Same goes with The Testament.

I plan to come back and finish what I started. Then again, I have found yet another book that I cannot seem to put down.

Bad reader! :unsure:

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...