Work Hard, Or Work Smart?

Its the information age. Computers are getting faster than ever. The internet is growing at an astounding rate (hindi pa full blast ang china sa lagay na yan). New opportunities are popping up, some grab them, some are skeptic about it. Authors claim that the internet is the WILD WEST of our times (remember during the 1800s when european americans were starting to expand to their western frontiers gold and land belonged to those who came first or claimed first as far as the eye could see).

Internet based business is also on the rise,same as with home based businesses

And because of computers new ways of computing has been possible (thats why MLM's and networking Companys have sprouted up here and there). Some people have already made a killing on these stuff earning prodigous amounts of money way beyond their dreams and capabilities. Some dont even have a decent education. And many more are catching up. They claim they are just WORKING SMART!!

Yet on the other side of the ring, the traditional guys shout FOUL. These are all SCAMS. These are easy money making schemes. I work hard for my bucks,thats the right thing to do,thats what my parents did and my grandparents before them. I earned my first 2.5 million doin this job in 2 years or so, and Im proud of it.

Others naman, I started my company 5 years ago and Im still at it, I WORK HARD day in and day out thats why my company is still kicking.

And finally, I studied 5 years to be a professional now Im an MBA in this school My position is this and that in this big company. I WORK HARD so that I may bring hard earned FOOD on the table. Mas masarap kasi yun eh. etc.etc.

Anyway whatchoo Think?? What do you prefer Work SMART or Work HARD.....

i prefer working SMART WHILE WORKING HARD.

for example, you are working sooo very hard in your company that sells beepers, well...bahala ka hehe

my point is that the two should be put together to get you on the track to success.

and the ones that claim to be working smart by using pyramiding schemes aren't working smart, they're working illegaly right? and that is truly unfair for the guys they scam.

you are right, the internet and the computer have changed the landscape of business and as long as you're not doing something illegal and you're making tons of money in those industries, the guys from the other side of the fence have no right to call foul.

:mtc:

Well lets pour in a few facts to enlighten some of our brethren. MLM's,Networking and pyramid scams are not one and the same. Actually thats the misconception when they hear MLM's they think networking then to pyramiding (because of the shape daw ng structure)then on to scams. MLM means multilevel marketing, its a way of paying distributors down the line depending on the sales of a certain product. Like in car sales when an agent sells he gets his commision,his manager above him gets his and the area manager or boss above them get theirs.

But we cannot also discount the fact that there really are illegal companys out there, just watch out for them. One thing to look out to is when you have to shell out sums of money and get nothing or a paltry or insanely poor product in return. Also look at how long has the company been in existence. Some come and go others have poor marketing plan and the company ends up losing money so in turn closes down. Make sure the company is around 5 years and above experts say. Others even claim it must at least be 10 years in existence.

By the way there is a course or elective offered in ateneo on network marketing,In the States Harvard business school also has one(R.Kiosaki). Amway and Pharmanex both networking companies are in the New York Stock exchange. Both companies have already racked up decades of experience in this industry. Wether we like it or not this industry is here to stay.

Bottomline is you must research first about this industry before shelling out your cash. And not all MLM's or networking companies are illegal. REMEMBER ALWAYS LOOK AT THE TRACK RECORD.

One thing to look at din pala is when people tell you bago pa yun company sali ka na para una ka!! Kung ganun ang argumento talagang hindi tatagal kasi pang bago lang eh....DIBA?

Anyway lets go back to the topic and lets assume na lahat ng sasali sa MLM/networking nag isip at sumali sa LEGAL na company.

I feel that we should both work SMART and work HARD.

Personally, I think working smart means planning out your work ahead of time in order to work more efficiently. Yes, computers do help in a lot of our daily tasks. But it does not mean that everybody should be using technology. It really depends on the line of work he is in. Working hard is the key to success in any field of endeavor you are in!

Guest fhoryou

I rather have money work for me.

If you work hard or work smart you still end up working for money.

When you work for money there is fear and greed.

I rather have money work for me so I don't have fear or being greedy.

Edited by fhoryou
  • 2 months later...

first off, whatever industry you're in, you have to learn and master the tricks of the trade. thus, for starters, one has to work hard to know (almost) everything.

when one works hard, people will notice your efforts. you will eventually shine. now, capitalize on that and make informed decisions about your career. people will poach you when you least expected it.

• 3 weeks later...

sa office ko, call center/convergys commonwealth, di ata uso ang work hard... work smart lang. dapat may "the moves" ka para kilala mo lahat ng supervisors/upper management tapos kelangan maging friend mo sila para pag nag apply ka for promotion, may edge ka kasi sila din ang mag iinterview.. corny no... one reason i wanna leave the place... sayang lang kasi malapit sa bahay :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
the right connections also help. network, network, network.

If your planning to work at networking.. :upside:

But as to what I learned in Business, its simple as this:

Entrep= Work smart

Employee= Work hard

A= Person

If A is knowledgable = Work smart

If A is not knowledgable and is skillful and talented instead= Work hard

Honestly no person can work both hard and smart at the same time, while working hard, the person concentrates at the job at hand, while those who prefer thinking more than working often sit around and think, and that is why some writers and philosphers dont have stable jobs. :upside: