Dog Lovers Thread

mr_7thsign

• 3 weeks later...

Pareng centrino,

I'm more involved with a different breed, but 15k for a chowchow may be a bit too much. Perhaps you saw it in a pet store? You may get a better price buying a chowchow directly from a breeder. A golden retriever from a breeder sells for about 12k, perhaps a little more. And golden retrievers are high up there in terms of popularity, especially among people with very young kids.

I hope someone can shed more light on this, but I believe that a chowchow, which was really developed/bred for its meat (no offense meant; I'm a vegetarian myself, but that's how it got its name: chow=food; that's according to PCCI), may be a bit sturdier that most breeds, in the same way that the native dog is compared to those with pedigrees.

Thanks JT2003!

Yup I've been doing some research myself. You're right medyo may pagka stubborn nga daw itong Chow breed, perhaps because of their ancient history. They were used to hunt and pull carts pala before sa China so medyo may temper nga talaga. The only thing is that I find this breed really really cute, kaya lang yung temper nga and sturdiness and also they shred coats din pala seasonally (and grabe daw mag shred!).

Hmm siguro nga i would go for retrievers na lang... will try to look sa Buy and Sell later :blush:

Thanks for the advise pre!!! :cool:

Thanks JT2003!

Yup I've been doing some research myself. You're right medyo may pagka stubborn nga daw itong Chow breed, perhaps because of their ancient history.  They were used to hunt and pull carts pala before sa China so medyo may temper nga talaga.  The only thing is that I find this breed really really cute, kaya lang yung temper nga and sturdiness and also they shred coats din pala seasonally (and grabe daw mag shred!).

Hmm siguro nga i would go for retrievers na lang... will try to look sa Buy and Sell later  :blush:

Thanks for the advise pre!!! :cool:

hay salamat nabuhay ang thread na ito! :D

depende talaga sa kung ano ang purpose mo sa doggie: guard dog, play dog, breeding, etc.

check mo temperament ng dog and determine whether it's the dog that fits your purpose and lifestlye. kunyari, di ka pwede mag working dog kung palagi kang wala kasi mabored sila, which develops into unwarranted aggressiveness.

punta kang breeder kasi mga aso sa petshops nahiwalay sa parents, di na socialize, tapos poor ang environment. check mo yung temperament ng parents ng pup, check mo hips, and then tingnan mo kung naso-socialize sufficiently ng breeder ang pups.

Thanks Pussywagon!  If I may ask na din, what do you breed naman?  And do you sell pups as well?

PM mo si zaguu daming binibenta yun (backread ka lng). 2 mos ago, may chowchow rin siya.

sa akin:

doberman to watch the house. masarap din kasama ang doberman kasi actually loving dogs sila. velcro dog nga tawag sa kanila kasi dikit ng dikit sa alpha.

japanese spitz to serve as early warning device. maingay e.

boxer - patawa kasi, clown dog talaga

askal - low-maintenance, panakot lang

wishlist ko:

siberian husky - but magpapacentralize pa ko sa bahay which will be in about... never? hehehe.

belgian malinois - naghahanap pa ko ng breeder

rottweiler - kaso di pako ready mag-alaga nito

• 2 weeks later...

BULLY TYPE PITBULLS ang nasa WISH LIST KO...

IF ever you need pups Just PM me, wag lang GERMAN SHEPPERD AND DOBERMAN

we currently have

ADULT and PUPPY PITBULLS

ALMOST ALL TOY DOGS

LABRADORS

UP AND COMING CROSS BREED LABRADOR AND ASKAL (VERY VERY CHEAP WALA PANG 700 pesos)

• 3 weeks later...

meron pa lang thread na ganito!! :cool:

meron ako pitbull na 4 months old... gusto ko sana siya itrain kahit ung basic training lang ....

pero sobrang playful he keeps on running around if i remove his chain and pag nilalabas ko na siya for a walk.. parang ako ang winalk kase hinihila ako heheh..

should i wait for him to get older para hindi na maharot para mas madali itrain? :blush:

meron pa lang thread na ganito!!  :cool:

meron ako pitbull na 4 months old... gusto ko sana siya itrain kahit ung basic training lang ....

pero sobrang playful he keeps on running around if i remove his chain and pag nilalabas ko na siya for a walk.. parang ako ang winalk kase hinihila ako heheh..

should i wait for him to get older para hindi na maharot para mas madali itrain?  :blush:

gamitan mo ng reward/punishment... i-establish mo sa kanya na ikaw ang master, aloof ka pag hinihila ka niya. dpat sunod sya sa pacing mo. pag ok, praise him, then give a reward (food/toy).

welcome to this thread.