All About Wallets

hitomi

i always have a problem with this, my wallet starts out thin when new and then fattens up

it's now so fat i'm uncomfortable putting it in my pocket

and it creates an unsightly bulge when i do.

what are your strategies to keep your wallets thin?

how do you carry your wallets?

leaving my cards (ids, credit cards, etc) is out of the question though

Im just putting 1 ATM, 1 CC, 1 ID, insurance card, no coins, just a couple of money. Check your wallet at the end of the day, because andun yung mga resibo na pwede mo nang itabi sa ibang lugar. Discard all the little basura in you wallet.

Btw, I'm getting a bigger wallet ;P andun na rin kase yung planner ko, sobrang hectic and sched ko! grrrr

if you're a guy, try using a money clip. that way, you only keep bigger denominated bills in your wallet.

hundreds fifties and twenties are clipped together and goes to your front pocket. One advantage is that

you don't keep on taking out your wallet to pay for small bills.

;)

Edited by sk3rmo
remove the cards that you rarely use (SSS, TIN, etc) and put it in a separate wallet/card holder. For the TIN, SSS, you usually only need the numbers so you can just write this down in a piece of paper which you can keep in your wallet.

That has been my problem too. He's right.

Just keep the essential Ids. leave out the other govt issued except your D.L.

I usually keep the 50 and 20 bills in my pants then forget about them completely.

matagal na ako naghahanap ng money clip. saan makakabili. PM me please. TY

2nd the motion, san nga ba?

as for a murse, then you'd be carrying something bigger than a wallet all the time

it'll be a bigger bother right?

or am i just not a metrosexual? hehe

Edited by hitomi

i used to have this same problem...and its because of this problem, i've lost 3....either slipped outta my pant pocket of gotten pick-pocketted. So I started using money clips. For everything else, I have this bag they call a "FatBoy". It actually very useful....compartments for everything.

looks like this FatBoy

The money clip did the trick fer me as I've never lost money since then.

an alternative to the money clip would be the business card case.

somebody gave me one last Christmas.

it was made of metal, 2"x3"x1/4" - at first, i didn't know what to do with it.

now, aside from a couple of business cards inside, i'm able to put in some bills

(although not as much as a money clip can hold) as well as my MRT/LRT cards.

something like this...

post-254604-1264433239.jpg

Aside from the usual driver's license, SSS ID, bills, credit cards and even picture of the missus and/or gf, we also tend to put piece of papers (and even sim cards) inside our wallet. In my case, I removed the government issued ID's (i.e. driver's license, SSS, TIN) as these are thick and just remembered their respective numbers (well except for the driver's license no.). I also don' put coins in my wallet as it not only thicken but also make it a lot heavier, I put the smaller bills (20's and 50's) and coins in a purse which also double as my case for my cellphone....

Here are some of my rules on wallets:

1. Never put coins in your wallet. buy a separate coin purse if you have to.

2. Don't put membership cards inside the wallet. e.g. national bookstore, etc.

3. Put only cash, credit cards, ATMs, credit card receipts in your wallet.

4. Don't put calling cards in your wallet. (they look cheap) Buy a separate card holder if you have to.

5. Get a classy leather bag and put your wallet inside. (optional)

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

im soo guilty of this hahaha.

im so old school, i keep pictures in my wallet. cards and IDs. and my guitar pick collection....can you imagine

i have a huge wallet anyway so i guess its cool.

i keep a purse, i keep my "allowance" there. i only keep big bills on my wallet. minimizes the need to arrange things in my wallet. receipts dont pile up inside cause i dont put anything else in there hahahaha

• 2 months later...