Psychological Disorders

Petronus

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
what is the psychological disorder of a person who likes attention even if it is negative attention? lets say that person always needs the attention of others and when that person doesnt get it, that person actually causes trouble just for people to notice and interact with her?

what is the cure for a peson who has sex with anyone, and i mean anyone, because sex with anyone gives them a sense of self worth and acceptance?

what is the disorder of a person and what is the cure for someone who never admits wrongdoing and just wants everyone to accept what that person did because what was done is "alreay in the past" ? person claims to have never broken any of the ten commandments, will never admit anything, will ask for proof such as video footage but is almost impossible to acquire, goes to mass thinking that it has cleansed them, has friends who dont know each other and dont know the same things about that person, asks for forgiveness but never saying exactly for what (patawarin niyo na ako kung may nagawa man akong kasalanan), and lies and repeats the sins over and over again and asks for forgiveness the same way over and over again and the cycle goes on.

all of the above are exhibited by one person only. i apologize for the long description and questions but actually these are just some and not complete descriptions of a single person i know. i would really like to talk to a psychologist/psychiatrist regarding this because my mind is boggled by such incredible attitude and thinking this person exhibits.

THAT IS WHAT YOU CALL HISTRIONIC PERSONALITY DISORDER AND YOU DEVELOPED A CO-DEPENDENCY WITH HER AS MANIFESTED BY YOU STICKING OUT WITH HER. BEST THING FOR YOU TO DO IS RUN AWAY AS FAR AS YOU CAN AND NEVER LOOK BACK.

• 4 months later...

I'd like to know what's wrong with this woman, now in her mid 80's.

She used to be our faithful and loyal household help from the same province I'm from. I visited the province last summer and saw this woman. She looks and acts normal, but is over solicitous to the point of being irritating, not just to me (I thought she was just excited to serve me while ate). She was not like that before. According to her family she acts like that even to them. At the table she doesn't stop offering you food, to the point of explaining to you why you should eat this kind of food because it's good for you. I first I refused politely, after a while she's at it again offering food. This goes on everyday at every meal for the duration of my stay in the province.

Also, she talks to herself...role playing conversations she recently had a few hours earlier. She does this only in the presence of family, when other people are around, she doesn't do her role playing to herself. She also joins in conversations which doesn't concern her at all. She picks up on what is being talked about and after a few moments, she jumps in and starts to dominate the conversation as though she is the one primarily concerned. I find it annoying, irritating...once I was talking to my brother about a common friend (she doesn't know who this person is) and then she jumps in and starts commenting as though she too had known this person for a long time. She was not like this before.

I'd like to know what this is and does it need medical attention already?

• 4 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Good Evening Doctors,

I can't start a thread because i need more posts to be able to do so, my question is : Is there a Cure for Autism? and what are your opinions on this?

I'm asking this because there's a trend going on in my family wherein my sister who has 3 'forced abortions' in the past and finally had a child who has autism, and my mom's sister also who has 2 abortions in the past, has a child who also has autism.

Is there a connection with the condition of the womb that can bring out a later development of a child's brain?

Thank you for your answers, very much appreciate it.

@nightwriter : i may not be a clinical expert but i think with having a child being forced with abortion can contribute to autism. For one, the mother may be emotionally carrying something, to which, I may not know that somehow may have affected the child in her womb. 2nd forced abortions may entail medicines that have hampered the development of the fetus.

This is just how I see it... I may be wrong but looking at it... it may be possible.

@nightwriter : i may not be a clinical expert but i think with having a child being forced with abortion can contribute to autism. For one, the mother may be emotionally carrying something, to which, I may not know that somehow may have affected the child in her womb. 2nd forced abortions may entail medicines that have hampered the development of the fetus.

This is just how I see it... I may be wrong but looking at it... it may be possible.

Thanks for your reply, your observations are valid because i also wonder the same thing. I know someone who was married to a woman who had 2 abortions, her first is on her 7thmonth of pregnancy and the other one 8th, when my friend married this woman, they have a child who has autism. My friend is from the US and he was married to this woman.

Thank you for your time answering.

Katrina

Thanks for your reply, your observations are valid because i also wonder the same thing. I know someone who was married to a woman who had 2 abortions, her first is on her 7thmonth of pregnancy and the other one 8th, when my friend married this woman, they have a child who has autism. My friend is from the US and he was married to this woman.

Thank you for your time answering.

Katrina

What is somehow scary about this is.. if a woman commits an abortion to her child in her womb...

1: it'swhat they say "silent murder" of the innocent

2: mother will carry "cursed guilty" for the k*ll. making them somehow mentally / emotionally unstable

3: previous abortions carried out may cause unbalance physiologically to the mother

Sorry for this but it hurts me most when I hear stories as such that I always wanted to have a kid now that I am single / seperated guy.

• 1 month later...

dito ba dapat ang post ko pakilipat nalng kung mali..

its about a girl na hindi mo alm kung ano ang gusto sa buhay hindi ko alam kung ito ay isang disorder

paki asses nalang sa mga expert dto

txt mo tagal reply minsan pa hindi na reply...

pag di mo txt galit..

minsan gusto ka nya minsan naman prang hindi....

she never let go of the past relationship pag kinontak sya sagot din agad kahit paano..

tpos kahit kayo na still txt pa rin kahit sino makipagkuilala..

• 10 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Is there a cure for Psychopaths?

maybe i should have started by asking: are we talking about psychopathic tendencies in children or full blown clinically diagnosed psychopathy in adults (extreme or otherwise)?

in children exhibiting psychopathic tendencies who are diagnosed early, clinical experts can help them. these children may eventually grow into well rounded adults living full lives.

there are adults who can fall into the classification of psychopaths who live good lives. they are contributing members of the society. this may be/could be possible through consistent and regular therapy or consultation with a mental health professional/clinician.

for those who are labeled as being extreme psychopaths, which i assume is what you were referring to (those who are clearly lacking empathy, disregard rules, etc), there could be little that clinicians can do for them. as unfortunately, there is still no known cure for the disorder. therapy can be attempted, but it may only go so far. these people can fake concern or show signs of improvement in other aspects of the disorder.

however i suggest that you just don't take my word for it, all these of course are just hypothetical. in order for you to gain more insight, it would be better if you could bring that person to a mental health professional who could administer and evaluate the needed sets of psych tests. this will help in determining the extent of the disorder or even if is present in an individual. these mental health professionals could then give you proper steps and actions to take, treatments if there are any to help manage the condition.

good luck!

Edited by Queen Darkeinjel
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...