Current Events Tidbits Et Al

So why do you keep finding/reading all those non reliable source that keeps giving fake news? Ni hindi ko nga alam mayroong mga ganyan and I don't even bother looking them up.

1) Because I have a duty to tell the truth if I know it's being misrepresented. I take no side if I know there's fakery involved. Besides, the rally fakery was reported by INQ.

2) Just because you haven't come across it yet, doesn't mean you will never come across it or if someone here would not come across it. So I'm just going to debunk it just in case. Alam naman natin gaano ka gullible sa social media ang mga tao ngayon at mas pinahahalagahan nga nila ang mga blogs kaysa legit news sources.

• Like (+1) 1

Are cars without passengers now banned from EDSA? [LINK]

MMDA to ban single-passenger cars from EDSA during rush hour [LINK]

why dont they fix public transport. ban all vehicles (public/private) that dont pass emission tests and dont have registrations.catch colorum buses. as a tax payer i have every right to pass edsa alone or with a passenger

Edited by jimithing

Speaking of emission test, I was in EDSA waiting for a ride just a few days ago, and a truck carrying personnel from the Army went chugging by towards Camp Aguinaldo, spewing thick black smoke from its exhaust pipes. Are they exempted from the anti-smoke belching law?

Speaking of emission test, I was in EDSA waiting for a ride just a few days ago, and a truck carrying personnel from the Army went chugging by towards Camp Aguinaldo, spewing thick black smoke from its exhaust pipes. Are they exempted from the anti-smoke belching law?

dapat nag picture/video ka at pinost mo sa mga social media accounts ng MMDA o iang govt agencies, hindi dito sa MTC. Wala dito ang kasagutan. Nakatulong ka pa sana kesa gawin ang usual immature whines mo dito.

:P

You know the answer to that. But then again, probably not.

Can MMDA impound military vehicles for smoke belching?

Can traffic enforcers stop military convoys from beating the red light or travelling on opposite lanes?

Are you aware that military vehicles don't pay toll in expressways?

You know the answer to that. But then again, probably not.

Can MMDA impound military vehicles for smoke belching?

Can traffic enforcers stop military convoys from beating the red light or travelling on opposite lanes?

Are you aware that military vehicles don't pay toll in expressways?

Is that by virtue of law or are they just given a free pass? Because I don't see it written in the law that there were exemptions. I was asking if the Army was exempted.

• 2 weeks later...

The election protest of bbm still hanging despite of the evidences of cheating . Ang tanong lalu n yng dilawan n pet members kng patuloy p rn silang maging bias k bbm.

Ex-CJ Sereno is evidently pro-Leni.

Acting CJ Carpio seems to be at least neutral.

Magiging biased pa kaya ang PET kapag may bago nang CJ?

The new CJ will be appointed by the President who has stated that the current VP is incompetent.

Put two and two together and we can figure out what will happen next.

Edited by camiar
  • 2 weeks later...

http://cnnphilippines.com/news/2018/09/04/Duterte-Trillanes-amnesty-arrest.html

Trillanes can be arrested anytime after amnesty revocation – DOJ Chief

Metro Manila (CNN Philippines, September 4) — Senator Antonio Trillanes IV can be arrested anytime after President Rodrigo Duterte revoked the amnesty given to him in connection to coup attempts.

Justice Secretary Menardo Guevarra on Tuesday told CNN Philippines the government is hunting down the senator to personally hand him a copy of the order of revocation.

Guevarra said once Trillanes is arrested, he will be recommitted to where he was detained prior to the granting of amnesty.

Trillanes said he is ready to face arrest.

"I will not escape... Kung ipapa-aresto, eh 'di sasama ako... Hindi ako magtatago, definitely... I will not resist arrest," he said in an ambush interview.

Duterte signed Proclamation Order No. 572 on August 31.

The order said the amnesty given to retired Navy officer Trillanes was void from the start because he did not comply to minimum requirements to qualify under the Amnesty Program. It said Trillanes never admitted guilt for the coup attempts and he failed to apply for amnesty.

Trillanes insisted he complied with the requirements otherwise he wouldn't have received immunity in 2011 if he did not do the necessary paper work. He said he filed it in 2010.

"Hindi ako bibigyan ng amnesty kung hindi ako nag-file ng application," he said.

During the administration of former President Gloria Macapagal Arroyo, Trillanes was involved in three mutiny attempts: Oakwood mutiny in July 2003, the Marines stand-off in February 2006, and the Manila Peninsula incident in 2007.

Trillanes and the other Magdalo soldiers involved in the coup attempts were given amnesty by President Benigno Aquino III in November 2010 under Proclamation No. 75.

The senator said his legal counsel is exhausting all efforts to nullify the "stupid" executive order.

"Walang basis at all. Hindi mo pwedeng bawiin ang amnesty," he said.

But Guevarra said Trillanes cannot appeal or file a motion of reconsideration to reverse Duterte's order.

"No, this is not a judicial matter. This is a executive matter," he told CNN Philippines.

Ang galing galing! Parang nawala ng gobyerno yun copy nila ng anmesty pero may mga certified true copy naman yun ibang tao. Tapos verified pa ng dating DOJ na nag comply naman sa minimum requirements for amnesty yun tao. At televised pa yun filing.

So ano ang basis uli for nullifying the amnesty? Walang makitang kopya? Hindi nag comply sa requirement?

The only way magiging legal yan gagawin nilang pang aresto kay Trillianes ay kung Martial Law na sa buong Pinas kung yan lang yun basis nila.

Don't get me wrong, I don't like Trillianes and have never voted for him - ever. But on this issue, I'm with him.

Dapat pabayaan na lang yan si Trillanes.

di na naman yan mananalo sa next election.

Marami rin namang kaaway yan, sa military, police at kahit mismo sa mga ka-PMA mistah nya.

One these days, me kalalagyan din yan.

Ngayon, nabigyan pa ng pagkakataong makapagpa-awa sa media na ginigipit sya. Taena nya.

Ahhh. hangga't hindi pala nag 1,000,000% ang inflation natin, ok pa tayo...

https://asia.nikkei.com/Economy/Philippine-inflation-at-nine-year-high-pressures-central-bank

Gold medal tayo sa inflation sa Asia, at least...

Hindi.

I'm just saying it could be worse. But we're still good and the sky is not falling.

The government, Bangko Sentral and even congress has means to address the inflation issue.

They just have to have the political will to resist the demand from short-sighted knee-jerk reactionists to cancel the oil excise tax, or scrap the TRAIN law.

They should scrap that TRAIN Law, or at least suspend the excise tax on fuel. Remember, we're a net importer of oil products, and therefore at the mercy of any kind of price fluctuation in the world market. Transportation on production costs take their cue from oil prices. Sa tingin mo, kanino pinapasa ang pagtaas ng tax at presyo ng gasolina?

They should scrap that TRAIN Law, or at least suspend the excise tax on fuel. Remember, we're a net importer of oil products, and therefore at the mercy of any kind of price fluctuation in the world market. Transportation on production costs take their cue from oil prices. Sa tingin mo, kanino pinapasa ang pagtaas ng tax at presyo ng gasolina?

So what kung ipasa sa atin ang pagtaas ng presyo ng gasolina due to excise tax? Consumption tax levels the playing field in distributing the tax burden. The more you consume, the more tax you contribute.

At least, tax burden is shouldered equitably by everybody. And I mean everybody. From the poorest to the wealthiest.

Kesa naman sa income tax ng middle class kunin tapos yung mga hindi nagbabayad ng tax ang makikinabang.

Edited by camiar

So what kung ipasa sa atin ang pagtaas ng presyo ng gasolina due to excise tax? Consumption tax levels the playing field in distributing the tax burden. The more you consume, the more tax you contribute.

At least, tax burden is shouldered equitably by everybody. And I mean everybody. From the poorest to the wealthiest.

Kesa naman sa income tax ng middle class kunin tapos yung mga hindi nagbabayad ng tax ang makikinabang.

I wonder if you'll say the same thing if your budget for food alone is 50% or more of your monthly salary.

Equitably is not fairly.

Kung ang sweldo mo ay P200,000/month at magpapa gas ka sa kotse mo at ang gastos mo ay P1,500. Tapos yun kababayan mo na P20,000/month magpapa gas din at P1,500 din ang gastos niya. Yun kababayan mo ay 7.5% agad ng sweldo niya ang gastos niya, balibhasa sa iyo .75% lang ang apektado sa kabuuang sweldo mo.

Pwede ka pa gumimik, bumili ng 13 kilong sili o mag engrandeng salad meal bago pa mag patas sa 7.5% din ang gastos mo sa kababayan mong naghihirap.