What Has Love Taught You Lately?

Guest PinkGraffiti

AFTER A WHILE

After a while, you learn the subtle difference between holding a hand and chaining a soul,

And you learn that love doesn’t mean leaning and company doesn’t mean security,

And you begin to learn that kisses aren’t contracts and presents aren’t promises,

And you begin to accept your defeats with your head up and your eyes open, with the grace of an adult, not the grief of a child,

And you learn to build your roads on today because tomorrow’s ground is too uncertain for plans.

After a while you learn that even sunshine burns if you get too much,

So plant your own garden and decorate your own soul instead of waiting for someone to bring you flowers,

And you learn that you really can endure...

That you really are strong,

And you really do have worth,

And you learn and you learn…

With every goodbye you learn

-from Chicken Soup for the Soul

even if an injured knee is easier to mend than a broken heart... :(

even if it took me almost a year to recover... :cry:

it's better to give all of my love to someone that I'm gonna fall with again...'coz there's just no sense in loving someone if that love has boundaries...I mean, isn't it hard to tell if you're really in love with someone if you're trying to suppress your feelings?

Love has taught me to give it all unconditionally.... if it goes to hell, it has also taught me to let it go unconditionally..... no such thing as in between, on/again off/again, etc. ...

Love has taught me to trust ... it has also taught me to be practical about giving trust ...

Finally, Love has taught me that we're only human, extremely fallible, and extremely capable of making up for it all .... if given a fair chance ...

Guest simply_miss

Love has taught me to sacrifice for the ones you love and love unconditionaly.

Love has taught me to me to love without expecting in return and be there anytime for that one special person.