Toyota Or Honda ?

:P tossing my 2 centavos in this room:

comparing civics and altises are not the same thing as comparing mid-size and luxury vehicles though....and when the time comes to put your money and company car-plan on the line to get a 1.2M car theres much more to consider than chicks and awards. hmm, okay - so ill probably consider the chicks :lol:

from someone who does have a honda, nissan and a ford though...

believe me - there is no chic preference for hondas.

its how you carry the car, and how the car is as well. ;)

trust me. am not talking from desire.

cars have been in and out of the family since i was a kid.

and i do love cars myself. so ive pretty much been there and done that.

i know a couple of people who score amazingly with

a Mazda (Miata), a Nissan (Bluebird), and a Mitsubishi (Adventure + leather seats, wood trim and lcd)...heheheh :evil:

so back to the accord and the camry...

the accord has the benefit of honda popularity...

pero while the last camry was small in terms of legroom (had a company car of it),

the new camry is absolutely huge - like a luxury car tlaga.

so it depends na lang on personality cguro...

both are good buys. happy driving people.

totally agree both cars are very good choices , the car companies behind it are well known to have and are deserving of their good reputations, so it boils down to what sort of value you're looking for in an executive level car. the present accord was designed to be a little more sporty than the old one, the current camry ... to be big as in it has been mistaken for S class big. If you're driving it maybe the accord if you've a drive maybe a camry , but it's really a peronal decision on which car you think is better looking or fit's you're lifestyel more

how bout the toyota avalon? meron ba sa pinas?

Nope..Sorry Joshua Tree...

And i dont think they have plans of bringing in the Avalon anytime soon.

And to answer your question a step further:

The Toyota line in the Philippines is as follows...

VIOS - (a 1.3 to 1.5 litre sub-compact from the Echo family line, but with a butt)

ALTIS - (the 1.6 litre compact - replaces the Corolla brand)

CAMRY - (the mid-size sedan category entrant, but the version sold here comes with all amenities to qualify as an executive car/luxury car. so in the US it would be the fully-loaded version - like the GXE of the Altima and Maxima)

CROWN - no longer carried on the main line as its full-size sedan. it is still available and sold only by order

Other Toyotas are...

RAV4, REVO, HILUX, HIACE, LAND CRUISER, PRADO, PREVIA

Hope that helps!

Hondas sold here are:

CITY, CIVIC, ACCORD, CRV and the ODYSSEY

We do not carry the full-size Legend, nor the two-door Prelude.

Watch out for the new Mazda 6 , European Car of the Year, etc, etc very well received and regarded, really galing from the writeups, pang laban sa Accord and Camry

Ford Philippines is relaunching the brand with a new campaign and dealer network

Also being launched is the new tribute their smalll SUV , pang laban ng CRV, RAV, etc

Wait for it on FEB 11, 2004

B)

Edited by bustero
Watch out for the new Mazda 6 , European Car of the Year, etc, etc very well received and regarded, really galing from the writeups, pang laban sa Accord and Camry

Ford Philippines is relaunching the brand with a new campaign and dealer network

Also being launched is the new tribute their smalll SUV , pang laban ng CRV, RAV, etc

Wait for it on FEB 11, 2004

B)

pre wag kayo masyado mag padala s mazda 6.it looks good form outside but from inside wala sya and it cost too much.wala ding power pre!!!we went out once and tried to raced it against a honda city 1.3 lang ha(repeat city not civic)hindi sya umabot sa arangkada,lalo na pag dumating sa mga round about(rotunda pala dyan sa atin)naiiwan talaga pre!imagine it is already 2.0 lit na automatic ha!!!pero if you want looks form outside the car maganda nga!!!!

Nope..Sorry Joshua Tree...

And i dont think they have plans of bringing in the Avalon anytime soon.

And to answer your question a step further:

The Toyota line in the Philippines is as follows...

VIOS - (a 1.3 to 1.5 litre sub-compact from the Echo family line, but with a butt)

ALTIS - (the 1.6 litre compact - replaces the Corolla brand)

CAMRY - (the mid-size sedan category entrant, but the version sold here comes with all amenities to qualify as an executive car/luxury car. so in the US it would be the fully-loaded version - like the GXE of the Altima and Maxima)

CROWN - no longer carried on the main line as its full-size sedan. it is still available and sold only by order

Other Toyotas are...

RAV4, REVO, HILUX, HIACE, LAND CRUISER, PRADO, PREVIA

Hope that helps!

Hondas sold here are:

CITY, CIVIC, ACCORD, CRV and the ODYSSEY

We do not carry the full-size Legend, nor the two-door Prelude.

just to add...

the ALTIS has 3 trim lines...

ALTIS J - entry level with 1.6vvti, no ABS, manual and auto trannies.

ALTIS E - mid level with 1.6vvti, ABS, manual (?) and auto trannies

ALTIS G - top of the line with 1.8vvti, abs, 4 disc, auto only.

I think Honda brought in the Legend in the late 90's... but i think it didn't sell well through. :)

yung bagong honda accord parang hawig sa honda s2000... medyo sporty and pang young executive yung dating... mas formal yung look nung camry... based on current reviews mas ok daw performance ng accord :rolleyes: pero watch out for the new galant! ganda nun!

hmmm i think the Accord and S2000 look very different (aside from the obvious difference that one is a sedan and the other is a sports car). if ever, i think the only thing common is the shape of the headlights....

S2000

http://www.hondacars.com/images/banners/2004/s2000/exterior_gallery/photo_01_large.jpg

ACCORD

http://www.hondacars.com/images/banners/2004/accord_sedan/exterior_gallery/photo_04_large.jpg