Diesel Or Gasoline?

Gasoline. Diesel is too dirty, as in emissions. Solid particulates. It actually is visible to the naked eye. didikit sa lungs mo. Very toxic.

That is as far as old diesels go. Modern diesel engines are far better and some of them have better emissions compared to gasoline counterparts. :)

That is as far as old diesels go. Modern diesel engines are far better and some of them have better emissions compared to gasoline counterparts. :)

agree :thumbsupsmiley:

i have both gas & diesel engine.. Both are doing great! basta alaga lang.. :goatee:

• 7 months later...

I would buy a diesel powered car if i could afford it, but right now diesel powered sedans are more expensive..

BMW and Audi make great Diesel powered engines for their sedans, which offer more torque and power compared to their petrol engine variants

Gasoline. Diesel is too dirty, as in emissions. Solid particulates. It actually is visible to the naked eye. didikit sa lungs mo. Very toxic.

actually mas toxic yung gasoline emision kesa sa diesoline emision. ^_^

ang pangit lang sa diesel eh it contributes sa greenhouse gasses.

mas mahal ang parts ng diesel kse mas matibay naman. kung sa durability lang ang pag uusapan walang sinabe yung gasoline engine block sa engine block ng diesel.

• 5 months later...

yup agree with you euro diesel engine are now even or greater than gasoline engine.

ive gotten the VW Golf 2.0 cdi and it feels great,rides great and accelerate like a gasoline

the only thing i dont like about this is engine sound,maingay talaga compare sa gasoline

I have a euro diesel ride and the pickup is great, its 3.0 - Landrover Disco 4. With regards sa noise, wala naman, pati yung nginig ng mga old diesel engine ride.

Edited by Sero
  • 2 weeks later...

Diesels is my choice, more power and bottom line cheaper to buy..Unfortunately they usually come at a premium 100k more than the gas engine. Diesel is not really that much cheaper than gas and if you do the math and compute how many km you actually drive per day, it can take you years before you see any actual savings!

I'll go for gasoline because there is a unwritten agreement among all fuel importers to bring in only low quality diesel fuel.

This is the main reason why a lot of diesel vehicles fail emission test - all the tester has to do is to over-rev your engine & you will automatically flunk the emission test.

I wonder how much is the share of the fuel importers from the penalty paid by emission test victims . . .

tdci diesel ng for focus 2.0 sedan, one of the best diesel sedan cars around, hopefully nga lang if the same quality with its european counterparts. overall if maintain properly ang vehicle, diesel cars have higher resale value, the problem only is it contributes to depleting our ozone level. i dont know for the bio diesel if it has the same bad effect.

actually mas toxic yung gasoline emision kesa sa diesoline emision. ^_^

ang pangit lang sa diesel eh it contributes sa greenhouse gasses.

mas mahal ang parts ng diesel kse mas matibay naman. kung sa durability lang ang pag uusapan walang sinabe yung gasoline engine block sa engine block ng diesel.

Very true, diesel engines are designed to withstand higher compression ratios than gasoline engine.

I use a Toyota Fortuner D4D Diesel, and I think I have a bit of regret with diesel vehicles.

First, I don't need the 4x4 function since 95% of the time, I'm in the city. Yes, diesel engines have more horsepower, but as I said, who needs the extra hp when all I'm doing is driving around flat ground?

Second, diesel fuel might be cheaper, but the diesel Fortuner is P330,000 more expensive than its gasoline counterpart. I did the math, and even if gasoline were to cost P12 more per liter than diesel (averaged over the next 6 years usage), the accumulated cost of gasoline over those 6 yrs is still much less than the cost premium of a diesel engine as stated above (330t).

Third, diesel vehicles are more expensive to maintain, from your regular oil change to the various wear-and-tear parts that you'd have to replace after 5 years of using.

My next car is not going to be a diesel, I'm sure.

**Lastly, for those who are arguing about which fuel is more toxic to the environment, remember this: both gasoline and diesel are refined from the same crude oil raw material. They are both hydrocarbons, and release the same noxious mix of carbon oxides and other impurities when they come out of a car's exhaust. The exact composition of these poisons are slightly different, but bottom line is they are all greenhouse gases, and they are all harmful to the environment and living organisms. The only way the automotive industry will reduce carbon emissions is when they switch to making fully electric cars, which as things stand now isn't too long in the future.

diesel for me. less maintenance, cheaper fuel prices, less electronics... and hindi naman ako nagmamadali, so i dont need the acceleration prowess of gas-fed cars in general

baliktad na ang presyo ng mga karamihan sa sasakyan ngayon... masmahal na ang diesel kaysa sa gas variant ng isang auto... crdi technology perhaps?!?

the sound of a diesel engine never amused me. imagine a bmw sounding like a f*ing PUJ. Fail. <_<

PUJ? That's an image of diesels left over from the 1980's. How old are you? Have you driven a well-maintained Audi sedan that's already 5 yrs old? You might be surprised that it's as quiet as a new Toyota Altis.

Edited by deepdiverboy

the sound of a diesel engine never amused me. imagine a bmw sounding like a f*ing PUJ. Fail. <_<

Have you drive latest diesel engine car? specially Crdi, this is the latest in diesel engine(although i heard it way back 2002)..

less noise, less vibration and high performance.. I think you're ignorant in new diesel engine technology.Akala mo lahat ng

diesel engine kagaya ng PUJ o Isuzu crosswind..

anyone can tell me the mileage of the locally made diesel pick ups? most are 2.5L yata right?

Wala naman local na car manufacturer. All the pick ups are of foreign origin baka may assembly plant lang dito sa atin. We have toyota at Laguna and if your speaking of the new toyota hi lux with d4d (2.5 displacement) engines I think you can get at most 17 km to a liter