Portland Trail Blazers

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...
I guess the point there was, Commish would not allow the JailBlazers to get a crack at a championship, giving the Lakers get ALL the calls and breaks to help them overcome a 15-point half-time deficit and take that deciding 7th game.

in my opinion thats crap. the lakers outplayed the more talented blazers in 2000. they deserved to be champs. kasi kung talagang may will to become champions ang blazers they would move and play like a team on a mission come the following year. kaso wala. mahirap kasi ang team na maraming superstars minsan. sayang lang they couldnt play together as a team.

• 2 weeks later...
in my opinion thats crap. the lakers outplayed the more talented blazers in 2000. they deserved to be champs. kasi kung talagang may will to become champions ang blazers they would move and play like a team on a mission come the following year. kaso wala. mahirap kasi ang team na maraming superstars minsan. sayang lang they couldnt play together as a team.

I'd like to agree and think that the NBA isn't tainted but with the referee scandal it's just tough to weed out doubt on a whole number of things since.

So yeah, IMHO, I still tend to think they got jacked right there.

Stern said it himself in 04: the dream championship match-up for him would be Lakers vs. Lakers, i.e. major market vs. major market.

He's overly conscious of his league's image and the TV ratings and makes no secret about his preference to see a marketable franchise be successful and make it all the way since it would evidently translate to more $ for the league.

I'm pretty sure he shudders each time Santonio makes it out of the West. I mean, they're good, play in a decent market and add a good chunk of revenue in the international market with TP and G-Man but they're just not the kind of team he wants the world to see balling in the summer.

Portland's a micromarket as it is (and they're the only pro team in their town), and they sure weren't short on talented "thugs" and miscreants then and that, IMHO, more than anything spelled the difference. Stern just wouldn't let them win and represent his league.

Edited by gift_of_game
After 13 game winning streak snapped by Utah, they are starting anew, 3 straight win games and counting...

Partida Rising stars pa lng ang mga players dito at wala c Greg Oden!

you said it....just imagine if greg oden is with them now....that's another double double (ppg and rpg) contribution from him at the least every game. oh well maybe brendan roy and company are playing this good to prove that even with out oden they can be a play off bound team. a lot of credit has to be given to nate mc millan too.

Edited by mild seven

Blazers' Roy leaves game against Warriors with apparent knee injury

Associated Press Sportsupdated 10:19 p.m. ET Jan. 9, 2008

PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) -Portland Trail Blazers guard Brandon Roy left Wednesday night's game against the Golden State Warriors after he appeared to injure his right knee.

Roy, last season's NBA Rookie of the Year, crumpled to the court after he collided with Golden State's Al Harrington. He was helped off by a pair of Portland trainers.

The extent of the injury was not immediately available.

Going into the game, Roy led the team in scoring with an average of 19 points. He was also averaging 4.5 rebounds and 5.6 assists.

Roy sat out most of the Blazers' previous game against the Utah Jazz because of a tailbone bruise.