Congrats to those investing in the stock market. It is the great bridge between the haves and have nots. If you play your part well, you can get a transference of wealth from the haves.

My 2020 Scoreboard as of 20200618:

SPY -2%

MRS +19%

MRS ahead by 21 percentage points, for a Year-to-Date gain of $28.2K or Php1.41M. :wub:

lupet ng thread na to! i am a newbie and i really want to learn this. nag back read ako ng konti. so mutual funds pala muna for me? ni research ko yung mga types of mutual funds bale may: money market funds, bond funds, balanced funds stock funds/equity funds. so ano sa apat na to ang the best na pwede pag invest an? you know for maximum profits. hehe thanks sa sasagot!

lupet ng thread na to! i am a newbie and i really want to learn this. nag back read ako ng konti. so mutual funds pala muna for me? ni research ko yung mga types of mutual funds bale may: money market funds, bond funds, balanced funds stock funds/equity funds. so ano sa apat na to ang the best na pwede pag invest an? you know for maximum profits. hehe thanks sa sasagot!

If you are still under 50, I go for Equity Funds. 50 and over, I would suggest Balanced Funds.

Contribute regularly and contribute on an in increasing pace. Up and down market swings are both your friends. My philosophy is if it is up, I'm happy because of the gains. If it is down, I am happier because of the discounts. The money is something I will use in future (long-term) anyway so down is better as I purchase at cheaper prices.

So the first step really is set aside emergency money for the short term And set aside a certain money to invest in mutual funds for the long term on a monthly basis.

Really give it at least 3 years of continuous investment before you see some gain. In 10 years you will really see some solid gains. In 20 years, you could start thinking of retirement because it is that considerable amount already.

You don't even need to dabble in stocks and ETFs as these would require for you to manage your funds. Mutual Funds are already actively managed by the fund management company.

But if you must, then perhaps start on stocks and ETFs after 10 years at least of investing in MF. Matrabaho rin kasi just to beat Mutual Funds. So at least when you beat it by 1%, that 1% is on a base worth of t0 years of investments.

• Like (+1) 2

If you are still under 50, I go for Equity Funds. 50 and over, I would suggest Balanced Funds.

Contribute regularly and contribute on an in increasing pace. Up and down market swings are both your friends. My philosophy is if it is up, I'm happy because of the gains. If it is down, I am happier because of the discounts. The money is something I will use in future (long-term) anyway so down is better as I purchase at cheaper prices.

So the first step really is set aside emergency money for the short term And set aside a certain money to invest in mutual funds for the long term on a monthly basis.

Really give it at least 3 years of continuous investment before you see some gain. In 10 years you will really see some solid gains. In 20 years, you could start thinking of retirement because it is that considerable amount already.

You don't even need to dabble in stocks and ETFs as these would require for you to manage your funds. Mutual Funds are already actively managed by the fund management company.

But if you must, then perhaps start on stocks and ETFs after 10 years at least of investing in MF. Matrabaho rin kasi just to beat Mutual Funds. So at least when you beat it by 1%, that 1% is on a base worth of t0 years of investments.

This is great advice! thanks po! so safe pala ang mutual funds? pano pag nag confidence na ako ng konti san po pwede sunod mag invest?

This is great advice! thanks po! so safe pala ang mutual funds? pano pag nag confidence na ako ng konti san po pwede sunod mag invest?

Use the time while you are investing in MF to study the markets to prepare you in picking and choosing. Learn the performance of the company holdings of your MF and figure out what led to such performance. Try to get a MF that is like a market index fund.

The next process as you learn is to practice with a small % of your account to try and beat the market with a select ETF or stocks of your choice. These picks would come from the result of your studying of the company performances I mentioned above. Manage it like a MF company does, i.e., adding new companies you think are good and dumping those that are just not performing as you thought they would

The trick is to beat the market. Otherwise, the safest bet is to just continue investing in a market index MF.

Edited by MRROUGHSEX
  • Like (+1) 1