Job - Salary, Bonuses, & Perks

Yes Sir, I'm in Taiwan. Medyo mababa nga yun but good enough for a neophyte like me. Bawi na lang sa OT.

Btw, we have service vehicle picking us up to and from the office. Kung may alam kang pwede lipatan, could you please post in here? :)

oh taiwan..yep i heard medyo mababa nga bigayan dyan.

if you're site based, transport to/from site is SOP.

mahirap na ngayon. unlike before guys on a holiday from saudi, taiwan etc had a short stay in HK on their way to manila and while here tried their luck applying for jobs. they were lucky enough to be accepted and sponsored (for working visa) by huge firms...those were the days. ngayon wala na talaga.

btw that's how i got here. tourist lang ako nun :)

• 2 weeks later...
Wala sa skul yan, nasa abilidad! (But sometimes it adds...some foreigners prefer graduates from known universities/colleges and it includes MIT, based on my experience)

this is so true. sa dating company ko, multinational semiconductor firm, kung sino pa yung mga galing UP at DLSU ang natatameme ng mga graduates ng province. pano kasi, sobrang resting on their laurels ang mga grads from manila. samantalang yung mga grads from the province, talagang makikita mo yung determination nila to succeed.

those who want it more, gets the bacon.

job: chief legal counsel

company: huge multinational

salary: obcenely big

other benefits: damn nice car, huge housing loan, travel etc.

advantages: very challeging

disadvantages: you would very likely lose your soul

harharhar! bakit nga ba ganun ang rep*tation ng mga lawyers? is it really that bad? frustration ng dad ko na hindi ako nag-pursue ng law career. pero now that i'm thinking about it, parang interesting nga. the "obscenely big" salary is the driver, i have to admit.... :boo:

advise to job seekers : apply at multinational companies... more benefits... but more pressures.... nothing is handed to you in a silver platter nowadays...

additional tip: go for companies which have solid training programs. huwag nyo muna pansinin yung salary. the salary bumps will come later. remember, a lot of these people didn't have 6-digit salaries when they first started.

also, over-excel in your first two years on the job. dun kayo makikita ng mga managers and will give them the confidence of giving you high visibility projects.

make sure that whatever field you get into in your first job, is something which you love doing. mahirap palipat-lipat ng fields. if getting a job is hard enough, what more yung mag-move ka into a different field.

good luck people.

if you're interested in pursuing a career in semicon manufacturing, pm me and let's see if there's an opening for you in our (or my contacts) company.

job: chief legal counsel

company: huge multinational

salary: obcenely big

other benefits: damn nice car, huge housing loan, travel etc.

advantages: very challeging

disadvantages: you would very likely lose your soul

Hahahaha....

Well it's like you are saying that your salary is in payment for your soul. :D Is that right?

:evil:

RF ENGINEER

Salary: $60000 per annum

Per Diem: $3000 per month (average)

Benefits:

1. Medical, Dental, Vision plan

2. Retirement plan

3. Life Insurance

4. 15 days paid vacation and 10 days paid sick days (roll-over vacation allowed)

5. Bonus every six months (if target is achieved)

6. Maximum 10% salary increase based on performance appraisal every year

7. Free phone and internet

8. Stock Options

Disadvantage.

1. Always on the road. Work is Project basis.

2. Living on two suitcases.

pre, san to, dito or abroad?

Disadvantage: In corporate world, the higher your position, the more pressure you will be receiving from top management. :)

also, the higher your position, the closer you are to the door. a single mistake, no matter how small, may end your career in that company. lalo na kung targetted ka as magaling pero maangas, or kung palagi kang tinitira ng mga colleagues mong inggit sa yo! :grr: this is coming from personal experience.

Hey, what is the acceptable starting salary for each profession e.g. doctors. lawyers, engr. , accountant, etc...

:unsure:

intel philippines: starting salary for recent college graduate program is P15 to 17k, depending on academic performance. may be slightly higher for MBA and MS grads. really good perk (but watch out...): stock options. you get around 300-400 options upon sign-in.

ako naman...

job: Quality Assurance/Quality Systems Manager

industry: Semiconductor Manufacturing

salary: ranges from 70k to 90k

perks

- up to 15th month bonus

- car plan

- stock options

- 15 days VL/15 days SL

- medical and dental benefits

- life insurance

- lots of training

- lots of travel

disadvantages

- it's a 24hour job. anytime pwede ka tawagan and you have to respond

- they give us laptops. you are expected to work when needed

- customers are based in europe and us. expect to be called in the wee hours of the morning

- lots of travel

- cutthroat ang competition

Edited by chipmaker

Job: Program Manager/Social Development Consultant

Sector: Education (capacity building provider)

Salary: Pang-development <_<

Perks:

Consulting opportunities for multilateral agencies, governments, NGOs

Overseas and local travel

Internet access (para palaging may MTC!) :boo:

Disadvantages:

Multitasking (e.g. ako taga xerox ng sariling dokumento, taga gawa ng funding proposal, taga alaga ng bisitang dayuhan etc.)

Why do I do what I do: It feeds the soul. Naks. :rolleyes:

Hahahaha....

Well it's like you are saying that your salary is in payment for your soul. :D Is that right?

:evil:

you realize how little money means when you're on the verge of losing what matters most because of your pusuit of it.......

but to lose your soul in the pusuit of sexual gratification is probably a fair trade... :) :D :lol:

MTC rules!!

harharhar! bakit nga ba ganun ang rep*tation ng mga lawyers? is it really that bad? frustration ng dad ko na hindi ako nag-pursue ng law career. pero now that i'm thinking about it, parang interesting nga. the "obscenely big" salary is the driver, i have to admit.... :boo:

chipmaker,

go for it! enroll ka na sa law school. you are never too old to start a legal career. saka ang sikreto dyan is to open up a practice in a medium sized city or town. konti lang kayo dami clients....ergo dami din fees.

kaya lang yung iba mga gulay, manok at prutas ang kayang ibayad sa iyo. pero dapat ok lang yun.

chipmaker,

go for it! enroll ka na sa law school. you are never too old to start a legal career. saka ang sikreto dyan is to open up a practice in a medium sized city or town. konti lang kayo dami clients....ergo dami din fees.

kaya lang yung iba mga gulay, manok at prutas ang kayang ibayad sa iyo. pero dapat ok lang yun.

hahaha! okay na sa akin kung in kind na lang magbayad yung mga MILF's na magpapa-annul. :lol:

actually, i'm seriously thinking about it. DLSU partnered with FEU (or is it UE?) for a four year program which gives you an MBA and a law degree in the end. sounds interesting diba? the hitch is, you have to take the program on a fulltime basis. putcha... papano ko babayaran tuition nun?

finally got the nerve to post...

Technical Director

IP Services - Network Planning & Engineering

*Unnamaed Large Telecomm Company

salary: $100K per year

medical/dental insurance

stock options

yearly bonus varies but could be up to 26% of my yearly salary

medical/detal/life insurance

training varies. i probably cost the company $30K in training this year

finally got the nerve to post...

Technical Director

IP Services - Network Planning & Engineering

*Unnamaed Large Telecomm Company

salary: $100K per year

medical/dental insurance

stock options

yearly bonus varies but could be up to 26% of my yearly salary

medical/detal/life insurance

training varies. i probably cost the company $30K in training this year

nice job dude...

correct me if i'm wrong, but for this kind of job, one needs to be an EE or ECE grad right? how hard is it for somebody from a totally different engineering field get into a telecom company?

an engineering degree is not necessary, although certainly helpful. i'm in the internet side of our company. most of our network engineers have cisco certifications, either ccna, ccnp, or ccie. a 2 year AA degree in IT is oftentimes sufficient to get one's foot in the door (so to speak) with tech support type jobs.

i don't have any certification myself, and my undergrad degree is in management. it just depends on the requirements for your initial job with the company. however, the saying that the cream rises to the top holds true in most situations, workforce included.