Computers: Frequently Asked Questions

Post your questions and ill try to answer it all. :thumbsupsmiley:

for computer sales, repair and services.

pls visit www.pcgilmore.com.ph to know the nearest pcgilmore for you.

pm me here for questions or add me at my yahoo messenger id. Morrisaronrelucio@yahoo.com

-Morris :cool:

P.S. I'll be deleting all your questions kapag nasagot ko na! hanapin nyo nalang ung reply ko thanks!

para lang hndi magulo at hndi masyado mapupuno ung topic na to. :P

Edited by PCG
Regarding po sa warranty replacement just in case. Gaano katagal po kung sakali lang na dito ako bumili sa caloocan branch?

Yung quick replacement period nyo po ba 1 month? In case the product fails.

Dun kasi ako namimili sa PC Options sa gilmore. Sana medyo parehas kayo ng service.

ang outright replacement namin is 1 month. :thumbsupsmiley:

after naman 1month at nasira ang parts ng nabili mo, i pupullout namin and 10-15 days we'll be returning your item. :thumbsupsmiley:

pm me or add me at my ym for more questions.

or go to our site to know more about our products, services and location

http://www.pcgilmore.com.ph

Edited by PCG
magkano ang 1TB na HD?

based on your repair records, mas matibay ba ang LCD flat screen monitors compared sa CRT?

mas matibay ang CRT compared to LCD, :lol:

but in quality mas maganda pa din ang LCD syempre.. :thumbsupsmiley:

regarding 1TB ill ask about it pa kasi la pa kami ganyan, order basis pa lang.. :headsetsmiley:

ill update you kapag nalaman ko na ung sa 1TB... :thumbsupsmiley:

pls check out our other products ^_^

go to www.pcgilmore.com.ph

PCG can you give us typical wattage consumptions of some PC parts?

Hard disk

CPU

fan

moother board

video card

keyboard

USB

etc...

hi bizman. :thumbsupsmiley:

wattage requirements really depends on the type of motherboard you are using, :lol:

can you give me the specification of your computer so that i could tell you the minimum wattage that you can use and what i recommend... :thumbsupsmiley:

pls do check out our site for prices

www.pcgilmore.com.ph

Just asking if theres an external HDD enclosure with a built-in fan available here....And around how much? I tend to use my external HDD a lot so it heats up very fast with my current enclosure....Sayang naman kung masira ^_^

sorry mang joe we dont have an enclosure with a built-in fan, but we do have HDD enclosure.. :thumbsupsmiley:

prices depends on HDD you're using.. :lol:

pls check out our site..

www.pcgilmore.com.ph ^_^

This tool is great when you want to cut down budget on workstations. However, the server in which all the workstation are connected, must have the processor power to accommodate all request from other workstations simultaneously. They share only a common resource(cpu, memory, hardisk space, virtual, etc....)

Another negative effect of this setup is that when your main pc is down, all your stations are also down.... :)

Cheers!

Bro..

Any Suggestion.... what motherboard brands that dont pick on memory brands..( di mapili sa memory, generic o branded compatible)

Ang pangit ng asus namimili, gusto branded... nakakabwisit....

tolung mga bro....

can you give me your processor? so that i can give you specific brand and model of a motherboard that suits your processor... :thumbsupsmiley:

ill wait for your post... :cool:

meanwhile try to look for list of motherboard in our site.... :lol:

www.pcgilmore.com.ph

for inquiries and questions pls pm me or add me at my ym

morrisaronrelucio@yahoo.com

can you help me build my own pc..

i use a laptop which i got from the office kaya hinde ko na natutukan yung lumang pc which i gave to my brother na..

im not familiar with the tech specs so i hope you can help..

my budget is between 35-40K, tell me if this is too low or enough.. i can raise my budget if needed..

my requirements sana:

1. lcd screen 17-19 inches

2. enough memory to store alot of pictures/photo's/do imaging work (im a photo hobbyist)

3. fast processor for a broadband internet connection and gaming

4. dvd/r

5. usb drives (at least 3)

6. maporma yung casing and keyboards/mouse; mas ok kung space saver

7.optional na lang speakers, printer, and ups kc i have na.. but do include your reco..

saw the build your own portion sa website but not familiar with the tech specs of the various items

lastly, i'll basically use it for multimedia work like photoshop, viewing, altering, storing photos, internet gaming and browsing

thanks alot

and since mtc pala ang pcgilmore, i'll get it from you! hehe..

baldo

hi baldo sorry for the delayed reply the site kasi got a little prob but ok na.. :thumbsupsmiley:

here's what i recommend..

If your budget is up to 40k i suggest

Intel Core 2 Duo E6750 2.66Ghz 4mb

MSI 945PL neo5-F

Kingston 1GB DDR2 667

Seagate Barracuda 320gb 7200rpm SATA 3gb/s

Sparkle 8500GT 512mb 128 bit

LG 18x Super multi lite

17" LG Flatron LCD

F1 racing case w/ A4tech mini keyboard X-slim and A4tech Optical Mouse

APC Back-up UPS 500VA

only php39,350-

but if you can add more

i suggest you instead na MSI 945 neo5-F you change it into the MSI 965 Platinum.

only php45,550-

for questions pm me or add me at my ym

Edited by PCG
Guest Dobermaxx

PCG, I just got a Globe DSL account and it came with a Prolink Modem/Wifi Router. When I connect my laptop to the router with a hard wire (Cat-5) the speeds are fine (2-2.8Mbps) but when I connect via Wifi it's really slow (100k-200k). Any ideas on how to fix this?

PCG, minsan hindi kaagad nagpo-power up ang CPU ko. tumutunog ng beep beep beep. Pero pag kinulit na on and off, tumutuloy naman sya sa boot up. wala pa kasi 2 years kaya hindi pa ako nagbabalak mag upgrade. mother board kaya ang sira or memory modules? iba iba ba ang beep beep depending on the part thats malfunctioning?

Biz,

There are two types of beep (intentionally done for troubleshooting)

1. Long beep - means your videocard and monitor connection has a problem.

2. short beep pausing, then another short beep -means your memory has a problem

If the problem persist, please consult your PCG doctors. :)

ave

@PCG, i see that your site has a new and better look. But based on your website - products - motherboard - socket AM2 940 motherboard, why do you add the "940" after AM2 since AM2 is not a socket 940. Although AM2 or M2 has a 940 pin it is not compatible with a Socket 940 motherboard.

@PCG, i see that your site has a new and better look. But based on your website - products - motherboard - socket AM2 940 motherboard, why do you add the "940" after AM2 since AM2 is not a socket 940. Although AM2 or M2 has a 940 pin it is not compatible with a Socket 940 motherboard.

i'll check it out!

thanks for mentioning! :thumbsupsmiley:

Help naman para makapag canvass ng prices ng laptop compared different shops out there....salamat!

sorry priest tagal rep!

our site kasi has no laptops pa eh!

we're doign our best para maayos lalo ung website.

pls give me the specs nalang that you need and ill look for it para i can tell u the price! :thumbsupsmiley:

pm, reply or add me at my ym nalang

sorry priest tagal rep!

our site kasi has no laptops pa eh!

we're doign our best para maayos lalo ung website.

pls give me the specs nalang that you need and ill look for it para i can tell u the price! :thumbsupsmiley:

pm, reply or add me at my ym nalang

Thanks PCG sa reply.... well yung isang reply about NEO priced at 27,000 with dual core DVD rewriter..... sana magkaroon kayo nito, or even better, my budget would be 30K, if it is lower then I can buy other perks for the laptop.... i;ll coming home soon thats why I need help of our good guys here....... Thanks!