Video Editing Software

Among the Consumer Software available in the Market, Which one is the best?  

70 members have voted

1. 1. Among the Consumer Software available in the Market, Which one is the best?

• Pinnacle Studio
    • Adobe Premiere
    • Ulead Video Studio
    • Windows Movie Maker
    • Others

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mga bro, me alam ba kayung software that could capture Video Streams na Web based?

katulad halimbawa ng mga video stream sa net dibah? papanu kaya yun ma capture eh di naman pedeng right click lang...

any idea mga bro or me alam ba kayung software na pedeng gamitin dun para ma capture? share naman mga tol...

thanks...

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Mga bro, me alam ba kayung software that could capture Video Streams na Web based?

katulad halimbawa ng mga video stream sa net dibah? papanu kaya yun ma capture eh di naman pedeng right click lang...

any idea mga bro or me alam ba kayung software na pedeng gamitin dun para ma capture? share naman mga tol...

thanks...

If you're using Mozilla Firefox, get the UnPlug or VideoDownloader extension.

For stand alone application get WM Recorder.

• 3 weeks later...

i tried final cut pro, hindi ako satisfied maybe because nasanay ako sa windows environment, i also tried adobe premiere pro, ayun nagcrash yun ginawa kong video :wacko: :grr: , dinab out namin sa after effects... :upside: ..for me, mas prefer ko parin ang premiere 6.5, mas stable sya nga lang kailangan lang talga ng mataas na memry para di mag hang...

Question lang guys, what PC configuration works with Video editing? of course, you can say the latest cutting edge in technology, but how about it for the average joe like me who has only enough money to spend on tech things?

Thanks for the help

For non-liner editing, you need a PC with so much RAM. The bigger RAM capacity, the better. Harddisk should be very large also bcoz video consumes much space. It would be best if you have a separated harddisk for video streams. Busy kc sa kaiikot ang HD mo when ur playing or manuevering video kaya pwd duluhin ang data mo pag pnagsama mo important data and video streams. U also need CD/DVD-writer so u can burn them on CDs. Lastly, invest in a licensed Non-Liner Editing software, bawal na kc pirated. U also have support for licensed software.

If you'll be editing videos from quite older videocams, I mean those which are not digital, un analog, you need a video-capture device. Look for something which has a zero (0) droprate. Un drop rate kc un images na nalaglaglag during transfer from videocam or VCR to your PC.

I'm not sure if I have answered all your questions. Anyway, andito lang ako...

For non-linear editing, you need a PC with so much RAM. The bigger RAM capacity, the better. Harddisk should be very large also bcoz video consumes much space. It would be best if you have a separate harddisk for video streams. Busy kc sa kaiikot ang HD mo when ur playing or manuevering video kaya pwd guluhin ang data mo pag pnagsama mo important data and video streams. U also need CD/DVD-writer so u can burn them on CDs. Lastly, invest in a licensed Non-Liner Editing software, bawal na kc pirated. U also have support for licensed software.

If you'll be editing videos from quite older videocams, I mean those which are not digital, un analog, you need a video-capture device. Look for something which has a zero (0) droprate. Un drop rate kc un images na nalaglaglag during transfer from videocam or VCR to your PC.

Non-linear editing (NLE) dapat un.. Suri po

Which is the best?

If you have also tips in mind to make video editing easy, you can post your comments and suggestions here.

Sometimes it doesn't really matter much about the software you wll be using unless your work would involve much hi-tech animations. Animations and special effects would, of course need a special software. What is important is that you have to have good footage. Transfering this good footage to another medium would be very easy and it would involve less work on editing and manipulating. Kasi pag maraming basura un footage na gagamitin mo, mahihirapan kang mag-edit kahit maganda un NLE software mo. KC editing is the actual work in separating the good and important footage from the rest of your footage or tapes.

I suggest, therefore, that we practice in-camera editing. Eliminate those unneccesary words by speakers. Wag na natin isama un acknowledgement ng guests kung speech un. Reduce movements like walking and running during ur video coverage. If possible, use a sturdy tripod and mount ur cam into it. Don't be trigger happy-- avoid using zoom-in and zoom-out of your camera. Instead, zoom with you feet.

Try it... Tell me kung tama ako... Perhaps you have better suggestions which I and the others can learn from.

For non-liner editing, you need a PC with so much RAM. The bigger RAM capacity, the better. Harddisk should be very large also bcoz video consumes much space. It would be best if you have a separated harddisk for video streams. Busy kc sa kaiikot ang HD mo when ur playing or manuevering video kaya pwd duluhin ang data mo pag pnagsama mo important data and video streams. U also need CD/DVD-writer so u can burn them on CDs. Lastly, invest in a licensed Non-Liner Editing software, bawal na kc pirated. U also have support for licensed software.

Thanks, what happens if I use pirated NLE software? ano magiging problema?

• 4 weeks later...

There are a lot of problems in Video Editing.. pansin ko ito coz i have a friend in Editing.. Halos, weekly ako pinapupunta sa shop niya coz lagi nasisira yung comp niya.. Those 80Gig hardisk is like floppies sa laki ng mga files. Tip ko lang use HDD enclosures if you are going to be usiing multiple HDD's nassira kasi yung HDD pag hugot hugot method. :thumbsupsmiley:

Questions: After you finish edit a clip, what are the best procedures in transferring your finished movie project to a DVD.

Do you just put the finished movie into NERO and NERO will do the rest?

DO you use other special software sa pag bubburn sa DVD?

Sometimes, the menu in your DVD movie wont work on some DVD players, is that normal?

Edited by [TWO]RERO

This may be out of topic but If u happento have avi files that u need to convert to vob/ dvd format (wala lang menu)

I recommend u to use either of the ff:

VirtualDub Mod

AutoGK

or TMPEG DVD Software

(forgot the name of the dvd software basta TMPEG tatak)

For me Virtualdub is great unattended encoding, a 2 hour movie would take about 2-3 hours on a fast pc..

After converting to VOB, tats where software to vreate menus for DVD's come in..

Not sure about those,since I dont add menus on my custom DVD's

I prefer the traditional "next next" method or may chpaters pero walang menus..

Still, DVD format/DVD quality..

U just have to have a good source..

TMPEG software is good, especially their DVD Software, it can covert files to DVD straight and I think theres a way to make menus..

Personally, I dont have the time ot make menus kasi, I prefer just something of DVD quality fast and easy

You can even cut an join "avi" movie files using Virtualdub.

It takes about roughly 5-10 minutes to join large movies files such as 600-1 gig..

I do that often, useful for those of you who download movies sa net

Especially trilogy movies, or tv series.. Combine niyo sa isang movie lang, tas isang encode sa DVD format (VOB)

Play :D

Also Tips a Software called Media subtitler is also good

It can add "hardcoded" subtitles on ur "avi" movie using Virtualdub

Nice combination,use it always..

All u have to do is get a copy of .srt subtitles sa net or u can make ur own subs in text ;

and just look for a txt to .srt subtitle converter.

U can even adjust the color,height and size and position o fthe subs..

That would make a professional looking movie in no time..

Adding those subs to the already made .vob movie file is beyond my knowledge..

I prefer adding them when they are still in the RAW format (avi/mpeg/wmv)

One question though,

Can u recommend to me a software like the ones I mentioned that can make dvd menus easily & fast?

:cool:

Edited by kUrTsKY

Guys need help..Sorry if its a little bit OT..

Kasi meron kaming video camera yung analog type (yung tape pa tama ba?) ngayon gusto kasi namin iconvert to VCD or DVD..Ngayon, ano bang mga device ang kailangan? Ano ba tawag dun? Pde po ba pa post ng pics specs and price? need lang po talaga...

BTW, kahit noobs pa ko sa video editing stuff, I like Adobe... ^_^

Hmmm ... Consumer type editing applications ...

If you would ask me, I-movie for Apple systems is okey and the lastest Windows Movie Maker from Windows are good choices for novice users. Both rely on firewire ports to transfer video signals to your deskstop, that is if your using a firewire enabled videocam which is usually the rage these days.

• 4 weeks later...

Well ... most of the time

I think a good NLE bay in conjuction with a very creative editor would produce the best results. I mentioned NLE bay and not the application itself which one may have the luxury of using. Because no matter what, be it Ulead, Premiere Pro, Vegas, FCP, Avid or even a Quantel. As long the hardware doesn't jive with the system as a whole, even a very seasoned editor won't be doing anything for a while ... sometimes these things happen once in a while.

Although it may sound like a very good complement that a Segment Producer especially in a Network environment, would not sit beside a good editor after he or she had left certain instructions along with the shot-listed script. It is done most out of necessity, overlapping of a certain shoot and eventual build-up of confidence and trust towards the quality of work done by the editor itself. Never the less it is still the task of the Segment Producer to accompany the editor when editing a VTR, just imagine how would a PUM react if he or she knew his or her Segment Producers were acting that way towards their editors.

Also in most cases if something goes wrong it is usually the poor editor who gets the blame, nothing beats teamwork, two sets of eyes are better than one when looking for revisions and even processors these days work in pairs too ...

• 2 weeks later...