Utah Jazz

FF

well said FF! what i notice though in this year's jazz is they have a bigger fighting heart. it the recent past if you're faced with a 16 or 21 point deficit in the fourth, it's lights out and the jazz just crumble. not this year, though. not since stockton's pirme have i seen this fighting heart. rallying from those huge deficits in the past three consecutive games was, until recently, out of character.

there are only two clubs that i'm a true fan of: the red sox and the jazz. and this is how i see the jazz right now: a bunch of unknowns, similar to the "idiots" of the 2004 red sox.

well said FF! what i notice though in this year's jazz is they have a bigger fighting heart. it the recent past if you're faced with a 16 or 21 point deficit in the fourth, it's lights out and the jazz just crumble. not this year, though. not since stockton's pirme have i seen this fighting heart. rallying from those huge deficits in the past three consecutive games was, until recently, out of character.

there are only two clubs that i'm a true fan of: the red sox and the jazz. and this is how i see the jazz right now: a bunch of unknowns, similar to the "idiots" of the 2004 red sox.

thank you to a a true brother in blood ! i'm a red sox fanatic too ! though sometimes i sneak a peek at the celtics just to see how they're doing. ( sort of the way you check on a younger sibling who has fallen on hard times ).

counting you and me sponge bobby ... ilan ba tayong jazz fanatics dito ? other jazz fans sound off and be counted ! :D

Jazz Unbelievable !

Utah rolled to its 8th straight win and went to 12-1 overall as they pounded the lakers 114-108.

Key stat of the game : the lakers got wiped off the glass 45-27 with the jazz posting 15 offensive boards.

Key play of the game : with the score tied at 107 and 1:15 remaining in the game , d will nails a three to put the jazz ahead to stay.

Key players : boozer (31 pts and 16 rebs ), kirilenko (5 blocks , 4 assists ), williams ( 15 pts and 10 assists ), okur (18 pts, 12 boards) .

@FF:

Nice thoughts on how to defeat your team.. Greg Pop should have an assistant coach named Fellatio.Flores.. :D Kidding aside, those are very valid points.. The Jazz are physical inside coz they have Okur and Boozer (and Millsap), and this might post problems for those teams who have very poor FT percentages.. The do foul a lot.. and because they pound the inside, the perimeter defense suffers a little bit.. Then the opposing team should be able to shoot the rock outside.. And to add, Okur shoots a good percentage behind the arc and thus sometimes makes some of the tall players of the opposing teams follow him and leave the lane open for lay-ups and offensive rebounds, etc.

The Spurs suck from the line and they are on & off when it comes to their outside shooting.. not really consistent.. We live and die from the plays of Duncan inside.. This is the reason why the Jazz have had the Spurs number since they got Okur, Boozer and company.. Let us see if the Spurs would have the intensity to beat the best team in the land today.. I am not raising my hopes high though.. hehehe!!!

-----

Para hindi naman ako OT dahil Spurs ako ng Spurs.. Boozer is just sick!!! Cleveland should have not traded this guy away.. Baka natakot sila sa dreaded "Dukie curse.." hehehe!!! Just think about it.. Boozer and LBJ tearing up the league.. Might have been the next Shaq and Kobe.. Is that too much a scenario? But with the way Booze is playing nowadays, it might just be possible.. :cool:

Nga pala, with the way the Jazz are playing.. Can't seem to really feel the loss of a man called AK47.. Nuff said.. :cool:

@FF:

Nice thoughts on how to defeat your team.. Greg Pop should have an assistant coach named Fellatio.Flores.. :D Kidding aside, those are very valid points.. The Jazz are physical inside coz they have Okur and Boozer (and Millsap), and this might post problems for those teams who have very poor FT percentages.. The do foul a lot.. and because they pound the inside, the perimeter defense suffers a little bit.. Then the opposing team should be able to shoot the rock outside.. And to add, Okur shoots a good percentage behind the arc and thus sometimes makes some of the tall players of the opposing teams follow him and leave the lane open for lay-ups and offensive rebounds, etc.

The Spurs suck from the line and they are on & off when it comes to their outside shooting.. not really consistent.. We live and die from the plays of Duncan inside.. This is the reason why the Jazz have had the Spurs number since they got Okur, Boozer and company.. Let us see if the Spurs would have the intensity to beat the best team in the land today.. I am not raising my hopes high though.. hehehe!!!

-----

Para hindi naman ako OT dahil Spurs ako ng Spurs.. Boozer is just sick!!! Cleveland should have not traded this guy away.. Baka natakot sila sa dreaded "Dukie curse.." hehehe!!! Just think about it.. Boozer and LBJ tearing up the league.. Might have been the next Shaq and Kobe.. Is that too much a scenario? But with the way Booze is playing nowadays, it might just be possible.. :cool:

Nga pala, with the way the Jazz are playing.. Can't seem to really feel the loss of a man called AK47.. Nuff said.. :cool:

bos revi ... am just savoring the ride. the jazz will be on the shorter end of the scoreboard sooner or later. maybe at the hands of TD , TP and the spurs. should be a great game though !

Jazz Beaten Up by Warriors !

Key stat : jazz shoot a frigid 31% from two point land. topscorer is deron williams at 14 points with boozer and okur posting abysmal figures ( 4 points each) . all combined ... the starters scored a paltry 30 points.

also worth mentioning is that for the first time ... the jazz get outrebounded 45-50.

Play of the game : what play of the game? they didn't make plays ...period. :blush:

Player of the game ( or non- player of the game ) :why not be democratic and give it to the entire jazz TEAM ?

seriously ... the pressure should be off now that the jazz have finally joined the ranks of the beaten. i'm sure sloan will use this game as motivation for their next game against the new reigning beast of the east ... the orlando magic.

Edited by fellatio.flores

From the Deseret News :

Utah's Deron Williams, taken No. 3 in the 2005 NBA draft, and No. 4 pick Chris Paul of the New Orleans Hornets will likely be compared throughout their pro careers.

Last year Paul had the upper hand, winning the Rookie of the Year honor in a landslide.

This year they have been near equals.

2006-07 averages (through Friday's games ): Williams — 18.0 ppg, 9.3 apg, 1.46 steals, 2.85 turnovers. Paul — 18.5 ppg, 8.8 apg, 1.62 steals, 3.0 turnovers

Jazz Continue to Hit Wrong Notes

The Orlando Magic asserted their might on the boards and in the paint in beating the Jazz 88-75.

Orlando controlled the glass and the paint.Led by Dwight Howard, the Magic outrebounded the league's top team in rebounding margin, 45-36, and outscored the Jazz in the lane, 40-32.

The loss is the second in a row for the jazz.

i just cannot understand some of the sports "experts." last month they were saying the jazz won't even make the playoffs. now, they're saying they won't get very deep in the postseason.

am particularly pissed at charlie rosen of fox. he describes utah as a severely flawed team. duh.

gee,I guess they aren't really experts then. hahaha

well,last season no one really counted LAL to be in the playoffs...(of course we only maid it by a hair.lol) but the point is we made it and we actually made the Suns play hard.

But the Jazz on top this early? It's just amazing they're winning most of the competition in the wild west.

they deserve :thumbsupsmiley: .

gee,I guess they aren't really experts then. hahaha

well,last season no one really counted LAL to be in the playoffs...(of course we only maid it by a hair.lol) but the point is we made it and we actually made the Suns play hard.

But the Jazz on top this early? It's just amazing they're winning most of the competition in the wild west.

they deserve :thumbsupsmiley: .

thanks for dropping by t.j . :cool: spongebobby and the rest of us long suffering jazz fans had a reason to celebrate early but are a bit wary now because of the back to back L's posted by utah. and they're not even close losses . :(

with bos revi's spurs and your lakers hosting the jazz ... i hope we don't become road-k*ll on this road trip . :)

Edited by fellatio.flores

Jazz in Time ... Beat Spurs and End Losing Steak !

Key Play : ( and it wasn't on the court ! )

After two horrible losses ... Derek Fisher gives the team a pep talk.

"He told us that if we want to be recognized and we want to become a team that's gonna be reckoned with, that we've got to beat teams like this, that these are games we've got to show up for," point guard Deron Williams said after the beating the 1999, 2003 and 2005 NBA-champion Spurs. "And then he pulled out ... one of his championship rings and showed us (that) if we want to be like them, we've got to bring it night in and night out."

The message, according to Fisher, came with a purpose. "Sometimes when things are going bad, you lose sight of the goal of why we're all here. You get so focused into one loss, or two losses, or one week, and I think you lose sight of how long the season is, and what the objective is," he said. "So, I just wanted to remind the guys that there's a bigger purpose here — don't get so caught up in what we did the last couple games, let's go ahead and play against a team that knows how to be champions ... and show them we're capable of getting to that level as well."

Key Player : After being a non-factor in the two losses , Carlos Boozer had a 23-point, 16-rebound double-double and helped hold Tim Duncan scoreless in the fourth quarter of the Jazz's 83-75 win over the Spurs.

Key Stat : In its two losses ... Jazz got outrebounded by GS and Orlando. In today's win ... Jazz outrebound Spurs by 16 ... 50 to 34.

Next stop ... round 2 vs. the Lake Show ...

Key Play : ( and it wasn't on the court ! )

After two horrible losses ... Derek Fisher gives the team a pep talk.

"He told us that if we want to be recognized and we want to become a team that's gonna be reckoned with, that we've got to beat teams like this, that these are games we've got to show up for," point guard Deron Williams said after the beating the 1999, 2003 and 2005 NBA-champion Spurs. "And then he pulled out ... one of his championship rings and showed us (that) if we want to be like them, we've got to bring it night in and night out."

Si D-Fish talaga.. Kahit off the court.. talagang Spurs-killer.. Sipain ko yan eh.. hehehe!!! :cool:

Si D-Fish talaga.. Kahit off the court.. talagang Spurs-killer.. Sipain ko yan eh.. hehehe!!! :cool:

hahahahaha ! wag naman bos revi ... ihawin mo na lang ! anyway ... fisher gives the jazz a veteran presence behind d-will. a very nice acquisition for the jazz indeed. :thumbsupsmiley:

Sana dito sa game vs. the Lakers na lang ang naging pep talk ni Fisher.. ha!ha! :D

Well, one thing is for sure.. Utah has been dominant in rebounds when they win.. and how could they rebound the ball if Kobe is shooting the lights out.. If Kobe is in the groove offensively it is very difficult to stop the Lakers.. To stop Utah, you have to really shoot well from the outside coz your inside game would not work with Boozer, Okur and Kirilenko manning the middle.. To scatter them, you have to shoot well.. That is what just Kobe did..

Sana dito sa game vs. the Lakers na lang ang naging pep talk ni Fisher.. ha!ha! :D

Well, one thing is for sure.. Utah has been dominant in rebounds when they win.. and how could they rebound the ball if Kobe is shooting the lights out.. If Kobe is in the groove offensively it is very difficult to stop the Lakers.. To stop Utah, you have to really shoot well from the outside coz your inside game would not work with Boozer, Okur and Kirilenko manning the middle.. To scatter them, you have to shoot well.. That is what just Kobe did..

yeah,..Kobe was playing as himself in a video game.hahahaha

Edited by TidusJanus

just like chucky .... i'm baaaaaaack ! missed this thread and the sports forum in general.

it's been up and down for the jazz .... drowned by the lakers ( behind kobe's 52 ! ak 47 as a kobe stopper ... fuggidaboutit ... when he's hot ... even the whole russian army can't stop him !! ) ... beating the sonics by 2 in dramatic fashion behind memo's three and now goring the bucks by clamping down on michael redd ( 18 woeful points !!!).

but at 15-4 ... aint complainin .. :D

• 4 weeks later...

hmmm. the jazz just lost to the spurs.

same story in almost all their losses. get one or all of the big three (okur, boozer, williams) in foul trouble, and you'll most likely win. plus ak47 is nowhere near is 5 x 5 form (five each in the following categories: points, rebounds, assists, blocks, steals).

still tops in their division, though, so am still not complaining. :)

With a record of 23 - 9 going into tommorrow's game against Houston , the Jazz stand 1st in Northwest Division , have the third best winning percentage ( .719 ) in the Western Conference and rank third overall in the NBA league standings.

Let's see how the Jazz season stats compare with their opponents per game averages :

Jazz Opponents

PPG : 101 98

Rebounding : 43 37

Assists : 25 18

Two Pt FGA : 79 76

Two Pt FGM : 38 34

Two Pt FG% : 48% 44%

Three Pt FGA : 13 17

Three Pt FGM : 4 6

Three Pt FG%: 33% 38%

FT % : 75% 75%

FTA : 29 33

TO : 16 15

Stls : 7 8

Blks : 5 6

The Jazz aren't exactly blowing teams out as their + 3 ppg differential shows. They are however playing better team ball ( + 7 apg better ) and muscle their opponents off the boards more effectively ( + 6 rpg better ).

keys to jazz improving ? better shooting from the two guard position to open the lane ( a sore spot since hornacek retired ) , more hustle points from steals and blocks ( you listenin AK-47 ?) , and cutting down on the TO's to less than a dozen a game.

keys to opponents beating the jazz ... same-o formula. box out , pack the lane , sink the three ball and make your free throws.

With AI and Melo now in Denver and the Mavs and Suns and Lakers streaking out west ... the jazz are guaranteed a a tougher grind in the remianing two third of the season.

Jazz Outshine Nuggets 96-84

Dwill hands off 12 assists and sinks four treys in a 28 point victory at Denver. Boozer scores 26th consecutive double double ( 28 points and 11 boards ). With the victory , Jazz remain 6.5 games ahead of the Nugs in the Northwest Division.

Coming up ... deadly Dallas ( who had their streak stopped by Kobe and the Lake Show ).

Go Jazz ! :D