• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

marriage should lead to a family of your own. ako twice ko muna binuntis bago kami nagpakasal. madali na madisolve ang marriage nowadays, but the family you build is the one that will make it bind . takot ako tumanda na walang mag aalaga sa akin until the end when i'll need it most...i saw many scenarios of being alone when you grow old. except pag madami kang ipapamana madami magmamahal sa iyo (daw). I saw many relatives who didnt marry, got old, they just died. And then i see my old father,,,barely walking barely hearing,,, but looking forward to living for more years...watching all his grandchildren grow...everyday to him is happiness...i hope one day i'll be that man because i have a marriage that worked.

• 1 month later...
Guest k E i J i 👻

Oh...shems.. I thought hindi ko na gugustuhing ikasal pa sa future.

But nang imbitahan ako ng close friend co-therapist ko sa nalalapit niyang kasal sa December 2018

w/ her luckily soon to be husband na formerly GM before here at MTC.,

Iba pala yung pakiramdam.,at mukhang kakainin ko na lang mga sinabi ko before.

Masaya ako para sa kanila... :)

• 5 weeks later...

Marriage shouldn't be an end game for anyone. It's better to take your time to establish yourself financially then move on to the next step. The next step is personal happiness and birth control.

I had an annullment a few years ago. I literally forbid every young girl below 25 to get hitched - the cost of the annullment is atrocious! and my lawyer told me that a lot of her clients are women who had asked their ex's to pay half of it but never heard from them since. There are more women who wanted to get an annullment than men.

I had long term relationships with men that lasted for 6 to 8 years and most of them are married now. I don't think i miss being married because of paying a high price on the annullment.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

I like a special ceremony of marriage but something that is personal and not had to be structured like Church or civil marriage. The structure takes away the purpose, which is why marriage ends up in divorce/annulment/separation.

I'd rather we seal it with love, not with "marraige" structure and certificate.

Edited by MRROUGHSEX
  • 2 weeks later...

TBH, Medyo tagilid na talaga tingin ko sa marriage dahil sa mga nakapaligid sakin simula sa parents ko, ibang kakilala at lalong lalo na ng nagwork na ko sa espa. Parang mas madami na kasing nagfafail ngayon kesa sa nagiging okay, ayoko din matali sa ibang apelido na sa huli isusumpa ko din naman. :) Happy ako pag nakakakita akong kinakasal , pero di ko makita sarili ko sa ganung sitwasyon.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

If you are already happy together, what would marriage really do to make it even better? Nothing. It's just following what society tells us what to do with our lives. I have more friends who were married but separated after a year or so, than friends who arent married and have been together until now.