What Do You Talk About On Your First Date?

This depends ...

* 1st EB ... not much exchanges via chat, email or SMS ... then the usual questions about the person's family background, career, status, how/why they are members or the site we made initial contact with, how many they've met and how that went ... also an exchange of successful/failed encounters

* EB ... a more formalized meeting, continued from chat sessions/emails/SMS exchanges ... IF we've beCUM naughty already through those aforementioned mediums ... then just meet and go str8 to the DEED. ;-) Else, get to know more about each other ... whether there is chemistry or we click ... over coffee or a lite meal/dinner.

Edited by barenaked
  • 1 month later...

you try to find a common ground; see if you have common interests; find out if you'll click:

- where did you graduate?

- what movies/music/book/sports do you like?

- can you sing? do you dance? what other things can you do? breathe fire, walk on wire, eat blades?

- joke, joke, joke - gotta find out if he has a sense of humor

- favorites -- color, food, artist, pass time

- values in life

:)

• 4 months later...
ayos :thumbsupsmiley:

So how about a date, Ms. LoveSpell? ;)

O baka naman matrona ka na ha?! Mamaya pag tinanong na kita ng mga bagay tungkol sa 'yo, makwento mo sa 'kin yung mga kinu-kwento ng lola ko. :P

Unlike some of the posts above, I shy away from asking "interview questions." I have a different way of screening the "potentials." Asking interview questions is, to be honest, boring not just for her but for me as well. And if I'm asked an interview question, sasagutin ko ng "Are you going to hire me, ma'am? May I state the compensation & benefits package that I want?"

There's a logic and science behind this. AND rather than being the one being "screened" by the girl, I'm the one who assesses her. (which reminds me, this is also a good way to start the date. tell her that you are there to see if she'll fit the job. do this in a humorous manner.)

Pag nakita kong hindi kami click, I'll just say, "Teka, kailangan ko na pa lang umuwi. Kailangan ko kasing paliguan tska sipilyuhan yung pusa ko eh."

The most memorable first date experience I had was with my recent ex-GF (5 years running. heheheh.) I had no idea how to kick-off the conversation, so I came up with this game (which, in retrospect, was probably what made her think I was full of surprises, something she never thought I was capable of, based on her impression of me at work.) The rules were pretty simple; she would be entitled to ask me any hypothetical question she wouldn't dare ask a boyfriend, then I would answer her as truthfully as possible. I'd get my turn, of course. heheheh. It was a great way to break the ice and a real eye-opener, as well. Needless to say, we didn't feel the need to keep any more secrets after that. ^_^

My first date alone w/ her after several group dates: we talked about other barkadas, where we'd like to go, things we'd like to do... parang continuation lang. It was a successful date.

My very first date w/o previous barakada dates, yung tipong casual meetings before then I asked for a date: we talked about the movie we watched, what I thought of her before (to confirm if my impression of her was right), things that we'd probably both enjoy doing together (dining, art films, etc.), plans for next possible date... Also successful

My blind dates? Mostly disastrous...

:)

Do's

- her passion

- her hobbies

- her dreams

- her opinions

- open-ended questions

- SELF-DISCLOSURE

- cube game (my favorite rappport builder)

- boyfriend destroyer (if shes in a relationship)

Dont's

- weather

- work

- school

- health

- politics

- death

- problems

- past relationships

- over self-disclosure

- yes/no questions

- boring facts