#1 archervinny

archervinny

It can't rain all the time...

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 987 posts
  • Interests:Its for you to find out...

Posted 12 June 2006 - 11:33 AM

I always frequent coffee shops, starbucks mostly. The one in T. Morato so far is the ideal place to be. It has a second floor and very much spacious. On weekdays you'll see a lot of things from nerds studying to party gals revealing themselves. Well i'm the nerd studying then now doing my papers there for my grad school. At nights, the place lights up with women in their mini skirts and all... feast for the eyes while having that souped up caffeine drink! It'll definitely make your heart beats faster. Though on one side try to be careful of your belongings, one time i lost my sony vaio notebook there, i just went for a leak and all was left was the power cord, i wanted to hang myself with it... it cost around 120T oh well, huge learning experience for me. Now whenever i bring my new laptop there i always bring it with me.

If you want to go out of town on the other hand, try the starbucks in tagaytay, its quite nice at night and there's a lot of resto beneath it just resting over the cliff to be exact. Romantic really...

Now if you're travelling south or north, there's always a nice starbucks there... yeah, i've been hopping from one starbucks to another... in time the barrista will eventually know you and you don't have to say anything but pay... as they'll give you your regular drink...

Coffee experience anyone???

Have i met someone interesting there??? Yup... you just have to sip that coffee bit by bit... TRUST ME.

Edited by TheSmilingBandit, 20 March 2013 - 08:55 PM.

#2 simon b

simon b

lawn mower

• (07) Avid Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1783 posts
  • Interests:basketball, badminton, books, babes, beer

Posted 16 June 2006 - 09:38 AM

sipping coffee and watching girls...
my other favorite past time

#3 Jenna M.

Jenna M.

Cutie

• UNREGISTERED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 248 posts

Posted 30 June 2006 - 12:56 PM

Starbucks

#4 mycupoftea

mycupoftea

Experienced

• (03) Newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 05 July 2006 - 09:34 AM

since I'm practical...
I prefer KopiRoti :)
just plain brewed coffee paired with hot and delicious coffee bun :)

#5 lomex32

lomex32

The Eye from the Sky

• Ambassador
  • 10551 posts
  • Interests:Automobiles, travel, cooking, computer gaming,

Posted 05 July 2006 - 09:47 AM

Yeah in fact i discovered this Singapore style coffee shop(t morato) by accident
my date and I have problems parking in Starbucks .... i managed to parked
while she did not ....

so i just joined her and we went towards timog and we chanced upon this place ...

We spent 3 hours dining an chatting

since I'm practical...
I prefer KopiRoti :)
just plain brewed coffee paired with hot and delicious coffee bun :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

#6 simon b

simon b

lawn mower

• (07) Avid Member
  • 1783 posts

Posted 05 July 2006 - 10:46 AM

Yeah in fact i discovered this Singapore style coffee shop(t morato) by accident
my date and I have problems parking in Starbucks .... i managed to parked
while she did not ....

so i just joined her and we went towards timog and we chanced upon this place ...

We spent 3 hours dining an chatting

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

not surprising...
with great coffee and a lovely date
you will forget time exists

except when the place gets filled to the door and you are sweating!
time to split

but for sure i(or us) will return for the great coffee with milk...

#7 koolass

koolass

Hottie

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 06 July 2006 - 11:32 AM

sipping coffee and watching girls...
my other favorite past time

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Starbucks West Ave and Timog....enjoy sipping coffee and girl watching!

#8 Osh_Kosh

Osh_Kosh

Looker

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 10 July 2006 - 09:58 PM

coffee xperience in sm north, gloria jeans and starbucks in timog

#9 edc

edc

Philanderer

• (08) Fanatical Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3588 posts

Posted 10 July 2006 - 11:03 PM

Best Coffee madami eh- Starbucks, Seattle, Coffee Bean.....

Worst Coffee- Baang. Para kang nagtimpla ng Coffee sa bahay

#10 phinnaeus

phinnaeus

Wanton

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 783 posts

Posted 11 July 2006 - 12:17 AM

CBTl- Greenbelt & gateway

#11 badmintonguru

badmintonguru

Looker

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 18 July 2006 - 07:36 PM

Yup. Try visiting the "Open Wifi Spot" thread dude. ;)

yes, free wi-fi at baang coffee. just ask if its online before you order, or you'll get stuck with a cup of coffee and no internet access on your laptop.

#12 pancit

pancit

Looker

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 09 August 2006 - 08:37 PM

Starbucks West Ave and Timog....enjoy sipping coffee and girl watching!

korek! :cool:

tagal ko ng gustong subukan yang KopiRoti. problema ang PARKING!!! minsan lang maka-tiyempo ng slot! naunahan pa ako :(

#13 dodong_79

dodong_79

spanking new architect

• (08) Fanatical Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2075 posts
  • Interests:madami po... music, computers, guitars, movies, TV, internet, food, drinking, architecture, design... dami pa...

Posted 26 August 2006 - 08:25 PM

i think coffee bean and tea leaf serves better coffee than starbucks. :) so when i need to get my coffee fix i go to their branches either in greenbelt, gateway, or eastwood.

haven't tried kopiroti though, meron din neto sa katipunan. i think it's right before the old tapika if you're on the northbound side. :cool:

#14 encounter_doc

encounter_doc

Charmer

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 423 posts
  • Interests:software development, mathematics, sex :-)

Posted 29 August 2006 - 01:08 AM

i think coffee bean and tea leaf serves better coffee than starbucks. :) so when i need to get my coffee fix i go to their branches either in greenbelt, gateway, or eastwood.

haven't tried kopiroti though, meron din neto sa katipunan. i think it's right before the old tapika if you're on the northbound side. :cool:

CBTL is ok; the only problem is they don't serve flavored syrups (my favorite is hazelnut)

I do agree that parking at Kopi Roti at Katipunan is a bit of a problem, but the girls are ok ... I even saw Cherry Mercado once there :-). Btw, there's also a Kopi Roti branch in Mall of Asia.

#15 encounter_doc

encounter_doc

Charmer

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 423 posts
  • Interests:software development, mathematics, sex :-)

Posted 29 August 2006 - 01:45 AM

I always frequent coffee shops, starbucks mostly. The one in T. Morato so far is the ideal place to be. It has a second floor and very much spacious. On weekdays you'll see a lot of things from nerds studying to party gals revealing themselves. Well i'm the nerd studying then now doing my papers there for my grad school. At nights, the place lights up with women in their mini skirts and all... feast for the eyes while having that souped up caffeine drink! It'll definitely make your heart beats faster. Though on one side try to be careful of your belongings, one time i lost my sony vaio notebook there, i just went for a leak and all was left was the power cord, i wanted to hang myself with it... it cost around 120T oh well, huge learning experience for me. Now whenever i bring my new laptop there i always bring it with me.

If you want to go out of town on the other hand, try the starbucks in tagaytay, its quite nice at night and there's a lot of resto beneath it just resting over the cliff to be exact. Romantic really...

Now if you're travelling south or north, there's always a nice starbucks there... yeah, i've been hopping from one starbucks to another... in time the barrista will eventually know you and you don't have to say anything but pay... as they'll give you your regular drink...

Coffee experience anyone???
Have i met someone interesting there??? Yup... you just have to sip that coffee bit by bit... TRUST ME.

Some of my recommended coffee shop branches are as follows (not necessarily in order of preference):

1. Starbucks Tagaytay
- I agree with archervinny ... sipping coffee while watching the breathtaking view ... priceless

2. Starbucks Legaspi cor Rufino Sts.
- not very much crowded at night (most of the people are in Greenbelt) ... perfect after a hard day's work

3. Starbucks Valero St.
- lots of sofa upstairs; no smoking area though

4. Starbucks Camp John Hay
- this is probably the best Starbucks branch I've visited ... sipping hot cofee amidst the cool pine-scented breeze

5. Starbucks and Seattle's Best - SM Baguio
- cool waether plus hot chicks ... what more can you ask for

6. Starbucks Luisita Mall (Tarlac)
- if you are going to Baguio or Ilocos region, you may want to stopover here for a quick coffee break

7. Seattles Best Katipunan
- the laptop tables are very useful

8. Starbucks Rockwell
- nothig special really ... it was just the 1st Starbucks branch I visited (mid-90s)

9. Coffee Beanery Don Antonio Village (Q.C.)
- the only coffee shop (at least those with reasonable price) I know which serves Irish coffee ... try it
- you might even spot a hot Korean girl in tihs branch :-)

10. Starbucks Convergys - Commonwealth
- speaking of hot Korean girls, this is also a good place to go ... plus of course, the call center babes :-)
- the baristas know my drink: Tall Americano with hazelnut syrup

11. Figaro baywalk
- cool

12. Coffee Beanery Robinsons Pioneer Place
- free wi-fi

13. Mocha Blends and Figaro - Royal Place (besides Ever Commonwealth)
- the nearby restaurants are good ... it's nice to have a cup of cofee after a good meal

14. Mocha Blends - San Fernando (La Union) and Laoag (Ilocos Norte)
- if you happen to be blown by wind into these places, don't worry ... you can still find a good coffee shop up north

15. Le Veranda (Angeles City, along McArthur Highway)
- the coffee is ok, but the food is great ... try the tomato soup and the seafood pesto pasta

16. Northern Brew , Coffee Factory (also in Angeles)
- other good cofee shops that serve good food in Angeles (I used to work in Clark)

17. a coffee place in Rosario, La Union (I forgot the name)
- I saw this right after you go down from Baguio using Marcos hi-way; they have free wi-fi

18. CBTL in Gateway
- because Starbucks in Araneta Center is always full (even the newly opened Starbucks inside Gateway - right besides Rustan's - is also always full)

19. The coffee shops in Morato (Starbucks, Seatlles, CBTL, etc.)
- for obvious reasons ;-)

20. The various coffee shops along North and South expressway
- its always automatic for me to stop over in any of these whenever I use these roads

21. CBTL in Greenbelt
- same reason as #18; nearby Starbucks and Seattle's Best are always full, plus I'm not really fond of watching "girls" with adam's apple trying to flirt with foreigners at these 2 coffee shops :-)

22. Starbucks Metrowalk
- there's a cute barista in there :-)

I'm sure there are more that slipped out of my mind. I'll just add as soon as I recall them.

-Randy

#16 archervinny

archervinny

It can't rain all the time...

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 987 posts
  • Interests:Its for you to find out...

Posted 29 August 2006 - 02:39 AM

Some of my recommended coffee shop branches are as follows (not necessarily in order of preference):

1. Starbucks Tagaytay
- I agree with archervinny ... sipping coffee while watching the breathtaking view ... priceless

2. Starbucks Legaspi cor Rufino Sts.
- not very much crowded at night (most of the people are in Greenbelt) ... perfect after a hard day's work

3. Starbucks Valero St.
- lots of sofa upstairs; no smoking area though

4. Starbucks Camp John Hay
- this is probably the best Starbucks branch I've visited ... sipping hot cofee amidst the cool pine-scented breeze

5. Starbucks and Seattle's Best - SM Baguio
- cool waether plus hot chicks ... what more can you ask for

6. Starbucks Luisita Mall (Tarlac)
- if you are going to Baguio or Ilocos region, you may want to stopover here for a quick coffee break

7. Seattles Best Katipunan
- the laptop tables are very useful

8. Starbucks Rockwell
- nothig special really ... it was just the 1st Starbucks branch I visited (mid-90s)

9. Coffee Beanery Don Antonio Village (Q.C.)
- the only coffee shop (at least those with reasonable price) I know which serves Irish coffee ... try it
- you might even spot a hot Korean girl in tihs branch :-)

10. Starbucks Convergys - Commonwealth
- speaking of hot Korean girls, this is also a good place to go ... plus of course, the call center babes :-)
- the baristas know my drink: Tall Americano with hazelnut syrup

11. Figaro baywalk
- cool

12. Coffee Beanery Robinsons Pioneer Place
- free wi-fi

13. Mocha Blends and Figaro - Royal Place (besides Ever Commonwealth)
- the nearby restaurants are good ... it's nice to have a cup of cofee after a good meal

14. Mocha Blends - San Fernando (La Union) and Laoag (Ilocos Norte)
- if you happen to be blown by wind into these places, don't worry ... you can still find a good coffee shop up north

15. Le Veranda (Angeles City, along McArthur Highway)
- the coffee is ok, but the food is great ... try the tomato soup and the seafood pesto pasta

16. Northern Brew , Coffee Factory (also in Angeles)
- other good cofee shops that serve good food in Angeles (I used to work in Clark)

17. a coffee place in Rosario, La Union (I forgot the name)
- I saw this right after you go down from Baguio using Marcos hi-way; they have free wi-fi

18. CBTL in Gateway
- because Starbucks in Araneta Center is always full (even the newly opened Starbucks inside Gateway - right besides Rustan's - is also always full)

19. The coffee shops in Morato (Starbucks, Seatlles, CBTL, etc.)
- for obvious reasons ;-)

20. The various coffee shops along North and South expressway
- its always automatic for me to stop over in any of these whenever I use these roads

21. CBTL in Greenbelt
- same reason as #18; nearby Starbucks and Seattle's Best are always full, plus I'm not really fond of watching "girls" with adam's apple trying to flirt with foreigners at these 2 coffee shops :-)

22. Starbucks Metrowalk
- there's a cute barista in there :-)

I'm sure there are more that slipped out of my mind. I'll just add as soon as I recall them.

-Randy

You the man... don't ease up on the caffeine bro... there's a new starbucks near valle verde where you this temple of the mormons i think, haven't been there though just passing by...

#17 Raizenne

Raizenne

YEBAHX!

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 848 posts

Posted 29 August 2006 - 03:13 AM

Since the nearest Starbucks shop to me is the one inside my office building ( Enterprise ), eto na yung naging fav ko, heheheh!

But actually, I prefer the espresso shots on Haagen Dazs more than the kind they have in Starbucks...

#18 nelson2211

nelson2211

Experienced

• (03) Newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 31 August 2006 - 07:37 PM

Starbucks West avenue (the one nearest EDSA).

Not too crowded (sa smoking area ha), anytime of the day, lots of parking space.
Same with you guys, sipping coffee and people watching.

#19 camperking

camperking

Chaser

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 01 September 2006 - 02:54 AM

read and brew in fairview.

#20 simon b

simon b

lawn mower

• (07) Avid Member
  • 1783 posts

Posted 06 September 2006 - 09:53 AM

What's up guys? Try niyo Dots & More donuts on the spot. It's a donut shop that offers a whole lot more including coffees, frappes, and sandwiches all at affordable prices. We have a spot at the SM North EDSA, at the Garden just behind Figaro. This is where I usually go to check out girls..sobrang dame kasi dito especially on the weekends. We also have a branch sa Mall of Asia, where many Manila Doctors University students hang out in the afternoon. Try niyo lang ang let me know. I'll try to propose a special discount for MTC members. :thumbsupsmiley:

been there a few times
ok to for girl watching, just try avoiding being caught by the male companions..he he he
'cause most girls i see here have male companies

anyway, sir majestichris, may i suggest you offer decaf
for coffeholics like me who break their caffeine addiction once in while.
and also for those who have heart ailments but cant stay away from coffee

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users