I always frequent coffee shops, starbucks mostly. The one in T. Morato so far is the ideal place to be. It has a second floor and very much spacious. On weekdays you'll see a lot of things from nerds studying to party gals revealing themselves. Well i'm the nerd studying then now doing my papers there for my grad school. At nights, the place lights up with women in their mini skirts and all... feast for the eyes while having that souped up caffeine drink! It'll definitely make your heart beats faster. Though on one side try to be careful of your belongings, one time i lost my sony vaio notebook there, i just went for a leak and all was left was the power cord, i wanted to hang myself with it... it cost around 120T oh well, huge learning experience for me. Now whenever i bring my new laptop there i always bring it with me.
If you want to go out of town on the other hand, try the starbucks in tagaytay, its quite nice at night and there's a lot of resto beneath it just resting over the cliff to be exact. Romantic really...
Now if you're travelling south or north, there's always a nice starbucks there... yeah, i've been hopping from one starbucks to another... in time the barrista will eventually know you and you don't have to say anything but pay... as they'll give you your regular drink...
Coffee experience anyone???
Have i met someone interesting there??? Yup... you just have to sip that coffee bit by bit... TRUST ME.
Some of my recommended coffee shop branches are as follows (not necessarily in order of preference):
1. Starbucks Tagaytay
- I agree with archervinny ... sipping coffee while watching the breathtaking view ... priceless
2. Starbucks Legaspi cor Rufino Sts.
- not very much crowded at night (most of the people are in Greenbelt) ... perfect after a hard day's work
3. Starbucks Valero St.
- lots of sofa upstairs; no smoking area though
4. Starbucks Camp John Hay
- this is probably the best Starbucks branch I've visited ... sipping hot cofee amidst the cool pine-scented breeze
5. Starbucks and Seattle's Best - SM Baguio
- cool waether plus hot chicks ... what more can you ask for
6. Starbucks Luisita Mall (Tarlac)
- if you are going to Baguio or Ilocos region, you may want to stopover here for a quick coffee break
7. Seattles Best Katipunan
- the laptop tables are very useful
8. Starbucks Rockwell
- nothig special really ... it was just the 1st Starbucks branch I visited (mid-90s)
9. Coffee Beanery Don Antonio Village (Q.C.)
- the only coffee shop (at least those with reasonable price) I know which serves Irish coffee ... try it
- you might even spot a hot Korean girl in tihs branch :-)
10. Starbucks Convergys - Commonwealth
- speaking of hot Korean girls, this is also a good place to go ... plus of course, the call center babes :-)
- the baristas know my drink: Tall Americano with hazelnut syrup
11. Figaro baywalk
12. Coffee Beanery Robinsons Pioneer Place
- free wi-fi
13. Mocha Blends and Figaro - Royal Place (besides Ever Commonwealth)
- the nearby restaurants are good ... it's nice to have a cup of cofee after a good meal
14. Mocha Blends - San Fernando (La Union) and Laoag (Ilocos Norte)
- if you happen to be blown by wind into these places, don't worry ... you can still find a good coffee shop up north
15. Le Veranda (Angeles City, along McArthur Highway)
- the coffee is ok, but the food is great ... try the tomato soup and the seafood pesto pasta
16. Northern Brew , Coffee Factory (also in Angeles)
- other good cofee shops that serve good food in Angeles (I used to work in Clark)
17. a coffee place in Rosario, La Union (I forgot the name)
- I saw this right after you go down from Baguio using Marcos hi-way; they have free wi-fi
18. CBTL in Gateway
- because Starbucks in Araneta Center is always full (even the newly opened Starbucks inside Gateway - right besides Rustan's - is also always full)
19. The coffee shops in Morato (Starbucks, Seatlles, CBTL, etc.)
- for obvious reasons ;-)
20. The various coffee shops along North and South expressway
- its always automatic for me to stop over in any of these whenever I use these roads
21. CBTL in Greenbelt
- same reason as #18; nearby Starbucks and Seattle's Best are always full, plus I'm not really fond of watching "girls" with adam's apple trying to flirt with foreigners at these 2 coffee shops :-)
22. Starbucks Metrowalk
- there's a cute barista in there :-)
I'm sure there are more that slipped out of my mind. I'll just add as soon as I recall them.