Does God Answer Your Prayers?

I asked God to take away my habit.

God said, "No. It is not for me to take away, but for you to give it up."

I asked God to make my handicapped child whole.

God said, "No. His spirit is whole, his body is only temporary."

I asked God to grant me patience.

God said, "No. Patience is a byproduct of tribulations; it isn't granted, it is learned."

I asked God to give me happiness.

God said, "No. I give you blessings; Happiness is up to you."

I asked God to spare me pain.

God said, "No. Suffering draws you apart from worldly cares and brings you closer to me."

I asked God to make my spirit grow.

God said, "No. You must grow on your own, but I will prune you to make you fruitful."

I asked God for all things that I might enjoy life.

God said, "No. I will give you life, so that you may enjoy all things."

I ask God to help me LOVE others, as much as He loves me.

God said ... "Ah, finally you have the idea."

I asked for Strength......And God gave me Difficulties to make me strong.

I asked for Wisdom......And God gave me Problems to solve.

I asked for Prosperity....And God gave me Brain and Brawn to work.

I asked for Courage......And God gave me Danger to overcome.

I asked for Love...........And God gave me Troubled people to help.

I asked for Favors.........And God gave me Opportunities.

I received nothing I wanted ........I received everything I needed!

THURSDAY, July 14 (HealthDay News) -- Amid the debate over the value of prayer and so-called "noetic interventions" to help people heal, a new study finds that prayer and bedside therapy of music, imagery and touch don't improve the outcomes of patients undergoing heart procedures.

However, patients receiving music, imagery and touch (MIT) therapy did have a slightly lower mortality rate at six months.

The findings appear in the July 16 edition of The Lancet.

The study, called Monitoring and Actualization of Noetic Trainings (MANTRA) II, was led by Dr. Mitchell Krucoff of Duke University Medical Center. He and his colleagues randomly assigned 748 patients undergoing heart catheterization and percutaneous coronary intervention to receive prayer from offsite prayer groups or no prayer. There were Christian, Muslim, Jewish and Buddhist prayer groups.http://healthnews.altoonahospital.org/healthnews/healthday/050714HD526845.htm

Yes, pero dapat may gawa.

Nung 1st and 2nd year college ako, nagdadasal ako na sana di ako magkaroon ng bagsak sa subjects ko but im also studying really hard, the result is wala akong bagsak.

Nung 3rd at 4th year college ako, im studying hard pero di ako madalas magdasal,the result is may mga bagsak akong subjects.

Nung 5th year na ako(syempre graduation),aral at dasal ulit, the result is wala akong bagsak at grumadweyt ako.

After graduation, dasal uli ako na sana magkaroon ako ng magandang trabaho, so nagkaroon nga ako pero yung nakuha ko ay walang kwentang trabaho,nagresign agad ako, so balik tambay ako, dasal uli ako ng dasal na sana magkaroon ako ng magandang trabaho pero wala parin, one day naisipan kong magself-study sa bahay at magenrol ng short-term course,so everyday(whole day) tlagang nagseself-study ako para maging competitve pag nag-apply ako, so habang nagseself-study ako sa bahay e nag-aaply din ako,then after almost 3 months na nagseself study ako sa bahay God answered my prayers, sunod sunod ang mga job offers sakin,syempre pinili ko yung may pinakamataas ang sweldo.

Moral lesson:

Ayaw ni God na hingi ka lang ng hingi pero wala ka nmang ginagawa, kung may gusto ka maachieve kailangan you work hard for it. Gawin mo lahat ng magagawa mo para maachieve mo ang gusto mo,ayaw ni God ng papetiks petiks ka at nagaantay ng grasya. Ayaw ni God na umasa ka sa swerte, ibibigay ni God ang swerte sayo kung sa tingin ni God e deserving ka. Pero kung ginawa mo na lahat at wala parin,ang ibig sabihin ni God is "makuntento ka na kung anong meron ka". tama ba yun?hehe.

• 2 weeks later...

i believe that He answers prayers. But come to think of it, hindi lahat sinasagot. Honestly, i get frustrated kpag di ko nakukuha gusto ko. Like i prayed and prayed for better finances, pero walang improvement. God is soveriegn, He's not a vending machine na lagi mo makukuha gusto mo kapag may nilagay kang pera.

He lets others live, while some people die kahit grabe ang prayers. Sometimes, even if you work hard and pray hard for something good, di niya binibigay, for some unknown reason. This part is really difficult to accept.

Faith is not always the magic word. Abraham was a MAN OF FAITH, but he did not see the promises of God completely with in his lifetime.

Because we are only humans with limited knowledge, it's not an easy thing to accept why God sometimes doesn't grant your requests.

naniwala me if you are clean in thoughts , in words and indeeds, your prayers will be answered. May puso ka at you observe the YOU attitude.......ito ay naranasan ko.....when I was still virgin, marami me nakikita na di kaya ng nakikita ng iba,devoted sa GOD, still innocent sa lahat ng bagay at saka nagpapakita si mama mary sa panaginip ko.........WHATEVER PO PIPRAY KO NATUTUPAD LALO PAGMAY PROB ME

Sa ngayon di na because makasalanan na me masyado.

• 3 weeks later...
naniwala me  if you are clean in thoughts , in words and indeeds, your prayers will be answered.  May puso ka at you observe the YOU attitude.......ito ay naranasan ko.....when I was still virgin, marami me nakikita na di kaya ng nakikita ng iba,devoted sa GOD, still innocent sa lahat ng bagay at saka nagpapakita si mama mary sa panaginip ko.........WHATEVER PO PIPRAY KO NATUTUPAD LALO PAGMAY PROB ME

Sa ngayon di na because makasalanan na me masyado.

pareho pala tayo... i guess ure right ngaun nde na rin, kse makasalanan na rin ako.. :( but i know its not yet too late.. HE can still save us.. we just have to find our way back to HIM.. i hope i can find mine.. where is it anyway.. :(

I asked God to take away my habit.

God said, "No. It is not for me to take away, but for you to give it up."

I asked God to make my handicapped child whole.

God said, "No. His spirit is whole, his body is only temporary."

I asked God to grant me patience.

God said, "No. Patience is a byproduct of tribulations; it isn't granted, it is learned."

I asked God to give me happiness.

God said, "No. I give you blessings; Happiness is up to you."

I asked God to spare me pain.

God said, "No. Suffering draws you apart from worldly cares and brings you closer to me."

I asked God to make my spirit grow.

God said, "No. You must grow on your own, but I will prune you to make you fruitful."

I asked God for all things that I might enjoy life.

God said, "No. I will give you life, so that you may enjoy all things."

I ask God to help me LOVE others, as much as He loves me.

God said ... "Ah, finally you have the idea."

He does and I believed

:heart:

• 1 month later...

Something I'd like to share (and build on previous postings)...

Patience In Prayer

When the idea is not right, God says, "NO".

No - when the idea is not the best.

No - when the idea is absolutely wrong.

No - when though it may help you,

it would create problems for someone else

When the time is not right, God says, "SLOW".

What a catastrophe it would be if God answered every prayer at the snap of your fingers.

Do you know what would happen?

God would become your servant, not your master.

Suddenly God would be working for you instead of you working for God.

When you are not right, God says, "GROW."

The selfish person has to grow in unselfishness.

The cautious person must grow in courage.

The timid person must grow in confidence,

The dominating person must grow in sensitivity.

The critical person must grow in tolerance.

The negative person must grow in positive attitudes.

The pleasure-seeking person must grow in compassion for suffering people.

When everything is all right, God says, "GO."

Then miracles happen:

A hopeless alcoholic is set free.

A drug addict finds release.

A doubter becomes a child in his belief.

Diseased tissue responds to treatment, and healing begins.

The door to your dream suddenly swings open and there stands God saying, "GO!".

Remember: God's delays are not God's denials.

God's timing is perfect.

Patience is what we need in prayer.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, always but His answers are not always to my likings and some are not as quick as I would have wanted. But I keep on trusting Him no matter what since I submit to His infinite knowledge and wisdom. I know that he knows me and my needs and what's best for more than myself.

He did..

most recent was my dream job..

it took me almost 5 years of waiting

but i dont mind coz its worth it

and im very happy and contented w/ my job now

for my other prayers

i dont mind waiting again

coz i know in due time..

i will have it and much more

just keep the faith!

There will be no unanswered prayers from our God...

Our hearts desire will happen in His time & His best own way...

We just don't notice the answers to our prayers because they don't happen on our own way, but when we recieve NO from our prayers that doesn't mean that he didn't answer us, that's actually the perfect answer from our God who knows and gives the best for us.

• 1 month later...