Is it weird if i Dont believe in marrriage

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I dont think it is weird.. i actually find it smart for you to think that way. There is no guaranteed happiness waiting for you after marriage (to some who did, then good for you). You may find some, but it will be outweighed by its downside. It is just a society imposed form of completion and happiness. If you are happy with being single and just have some occasional casual fun, then keep at it. We all die alone, regardless, if you have someone on your bedside or not. Living your life to its full potential is more important than what society tells you what you should do with your life.

• 10 months later...

Im also not the marrying kind.

Looking at my parents' marriage, i wish they didnt marry at all. My father is a big jerk, and im being nice. He makes my mom miserable. And their marriage trapped my mom because she cant leave him for some reason. And i cant forsake my mom, and so im also trapped in this family.

Id rather be in a relationship where i am free to walk out anytime i want.

Unless there is divorce in our country, i don't think, i'll ever want to marry anybody.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Ang mga magulang hanggang sa kanunu-nunuan pa kasi natin lahat ang turo ay "to get married and then to set-up a family with multiple kids" ang "end-all-be-all" goal ng mga relasyon.

Kaya maraming mga nauuwing broken families kasi kahit hindi ready yung mga magulang na mag-settle down mentally and financially eh magpapakasal kasi yun ang nakagawian.

Tapos ang magsa-suffer yung mga anak when things don't work out ,,,, lalo na yung gagawa ng maraming anak kasi "blessing" o parang tataya sa lotto na balang-araw eh may isa sa mga anak na yayaman at papayamanin ang magulang.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

It's not actually. I personally am not much of a believer in it, too. The thought of lifelong commitment stresses me out a bit. And even given the current economy, it's very impractical as well. That's just my opinion.

PS.: If we passed the divorce law here in the Philippines, heck I might give it a shot. Who knows 🤣

• 1 month later...