Toughest, Most Physically Demanding Sport?

On 4/30/2023 at 1:24 AM, Duel of Fate said:

in terms of brute physical contact, yes, MMA and boxing are top of the list, the scale isnt even close. most world weightlifting champs cant take a punch, the King of the NBA has been critized for almost 20years for being soft. 

however, "physically demanding" can also mean taking a toll on your body in terms of fatigue and stress. thats what travelling teams like the NBA, NFL, etc experience. heck, WWE AEW and indie wrestlers are waaaayy more exposed into this. you got your 2, 3hours practice and workout sessions everyday, travel (not just private plane travel, sometimes take a bus or worse, drive 4hours travel per day) after workouts, play with an audience 4x a week. by the time your back with your family once every 2weeks you're bruised or injured, jetlagged and stamina drained, but you know, its family time, so fight. 

I agree to an extent of what you shared but what I really considered was my point of view. If I had free reigns to choose any sport to compete at an elite level, i would not choose MMA. One punch, one leg kick, one spinning back fist could end my career and give me severe injury and maybe trauma as well. I would rather play in the NBA and NFL would be at the bottom of my list too because of the high risk of brain injury. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/15/2023 at 12:25 AM, DS88 said:

American football 

Yeah, that's the one.

American football requires athleticism, toughness and some violence.

They have some of the fastest running athletes, and some used to run track and field.

Game scoring makes even a single mistake costly

Players regularly get concussions. Every play produces micro-concussions.

The game is very competitive and most players have a short career because a fresh 22 year old has more value than a beat up 28 year old.

• 1 month later...