What's The Last Book You've Read?

The last book I read was a silly one. It was an out-of-print SciFi book from the 1970s that I bought at a thrift store. Setting: a dystopian future in which men have died out (for some mysterious reason), women reproduce through parthenogenesis, and the world is rule by a giant "computer brain". It was hilarious but pretty lame.

I last read ME TALK PRETTY ONE DAY by David Sedaris. It's the most hilarious book I have ever read. He has other books as well but are not available in manila yet. He also has cassettes. I can't wait to read his other pieces. And I want him to be my friend!

Vamp7

Just done with the The Magician's Nephew, first book in the Chronicles of Narnia by CS Lewis. Children's book, yeah.. but still pretty good. Trying to start with Vladimir Nobokov's Lolita, and hoping to get a hand on the Da Vinci Code. The online game is definitely one for the books.

Do comic books count? hehe

i just finished reading the Matrix Comics compilation. neat stuff.

that and the two death books by Neil Gaiman (Death: the time of your life and Death: the high cost of living). i'm mildly disappointed with how the books turned out coz well, it did smack too much of the older Sandman books. I was hoping, well, since Death has her own series, shouldn't it be entitled to at least, a more inventive storyline? ala lang.

i just finihed reading " RIZAL WITHOUT THE OVERCOAT" by Ambeth Ocampo, it's a nice attempt at de-mystifying our national hero. it tries to project a very normal Jose Rizal who is just like one of us..he gets hurt , angry and even goes to prostitute dens in europe. i now see him in a new light.