The Mail Box

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Dear X,

So far so good, I'm doing okay. I hope you're well where ever you are. I've received your death certificate in the mail today. I could still remember the time when I learned how you died on the hospital floor weeks after you've contracted Covid 19, my tears are not enough to overcome my grief.

Watch over our little one, will you? She has your wicked sense of humor and looking more like you everyday. She has your eyes and your smile and I'm thankful you've given her to me. 

I miss you sometimes. You still make me cry. 

K.

3 hours ago, NightWriter said:

Dear X,

So far so good, I'm doing okay. I hope you're well where ever you are. I've received your death certificate in the mail today. I could still remember the time when I learned how you died on the hospital floor weeks after you've contracted Covid 19, my tears are not enough to overcome my grief.

Watch over our little one, will you? She has your wicked sense of humor and looking more like you everyday. She has your eyes and your smile and I'm thankful you've given her to me. 

K.

my deepest condolences to you Madam...

stay strong always!

• Like (+1) 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/13/2022 at 3:22 AM, NightWriter said:

Dear X,

K.

I'm very sorry for your loss.  May he rest in peace.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/13/2022 at 3:22 AM, NightWriter said:

Dear X,

K.

and there are just some posts that gives us a glimpse of the infinite depths of human sadness  😢

On 4/20/2022 at 9:19 PM, kilroy*was*here said:

I'm very sorry for your loss.  May he rest in peace.

Thank you, I’m surprised I’ve never told you this ☹️. Thank you..you’ve been quite a good friend to me and I’m sorry I’ve never told you I was grieving. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

C,

More than a decade has passed by since we last spoke. I've worked hard to forget everything and yet 12 years later, a memory of you suddenly creeps up out of nowhere. Must you always find ways to disrupt my peace? Is this your way of proving to me all is temporary?

V

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi Crush,

I hope this letter finds you well and you’re not too swamped today or having to make an Ad campaign for coffee or having ACTUAL coffee there to make you dizzy. There’s an idea though, if I was in town, you could say you were dizzy and not feeling well, and we could play hooky. That’d be fun right? Maybe a day trip to Sea World?  I’m just sitting here gazing at your profile and my mind is traveling across the country as its thoughts are focused on you. I look out the window at picturesque San Diego and imagine the bad weather you’re suffering through in Missouri (I’ve heard Midwest winters are no joke). Nothing would make me happier than if I could be there with you to help warm you up. Or if you were here, I’d be able to share the calming effect I get from staring at my fish tanks.

Who would have ever thought that although separated by thousands of miles our lives would still find a way into each other’s story. Got to love the old internet, right? For without it, we might never have met. Although that might not be the case. I feel if two spirits are meant to meet, and the magnetic pull between them is strong enough, then the Universe will undoubtedly provide a way for them to meet. Thank you, Universe. I truly feel its kismet that we have found each other.

For so long I felt maybe meeting someone like you just wasn’t in the cards for me. I felt closed off to the idea of EVER meeting someone. Much less someone that could make me feel the way you do. Your words on the screen have given me so much insight into your Beautiful Mind, and I love the fact that we are getting to know each other organically as we slowly build to a (hopefully eventual) three-dimensional meeting. Until then though, I find myself becoming more enamored with you as every layer I peel back I see more of your personality that shines brightly through your lovely words. The deeper I dive into what makes up your personality, the more I don’t want to come up for air.

I fantasize being able to look deep within your eyes as you look back at mine and I am filled with that feeling of being splashed in the face with ice water.  I just am beyond happy to have met you and will be exhilarated reading your wonderful words every day as I get more into you. To be honest, it’s the highlight of my day.  Some might get agitated having to wait 24 hours to write back, but not I. Instead, I get filled with eager anticipation having to wait. It’s like counting down the days to a movie release or not being able to sleep on Xmas Eve due to anticipation. I hope this letter fills you with the same amount of happiness I experienced while composing it.

Sincerely with appreciation and respect,

Atom Ant

• Like (+1) 1
  • 8 months later...