Dc And Marvel Universe

An interesting item here ....

I read this when browsing through one of the many the DC sites...

The relationship between Batman and Superman is still mostly a mystery for many people.

Some say they are the best of friends and yet some say otherwise.

DC editors explained that Batman and Superman are indeed friends but only to the degree of how Batman can create a friendship with anyone at all. Seems Batman's character is that of a true loner and introvert. Aside from that, Bruce Wayne is almost incapable of trusting anybody or anyone, hence , Batman's capacity to create a true friend -as normal people would know it-- is somewhat limited.

In one episode, Superman goes to the Bat cave and gives Batman a small piece of kryptonite that he has obtained from a dying Lex Luthor. Luthor got radiation poisoning from carrying that kryptonite piece with him for so long and had been declared cancer terminal by Metropolis doctors.

Anyway, when asked why Superman was giving him the kryptonite, Superman calmy explained that .... In the event that he would ever go astray and turn evil.. he wanted the only person in the world (Batman) that he trusts to stop him by using the kryptonite. If it meant that the only way to stop him was to k*ll him, then he would want Batman to do it.

Just as calmly, Batman nodded then took the piece and stored it in his vault.

That's the kind of relationship they have... Creepy! :lol:

On the film side.....

Personally, I feel the series "Birds of Prey" does not do much justice to the DC version. The plots are kind of weak and the characters just do not have strength or mystery.

Expectedly.. albeit unfortunately... the series was cancelled.

On the Marvel universe.... the movie the "HULK" had very good effects but that was just about it. It was an Ang Lee film more than anything else.... It tried to hard and failed and it took so long to tell the story behind Banner.

On the bright side, the films made enough money for Marvel so maybe this means good news for the struggling company. :lol:

You're right. Let me try to recall who died.

Supergirl

Flash

Batman and Robin

Hmmmmmm..........dami, I better get my collection and read that again.

You remember the cover of that particular comic book where superman was carrying supergirl? They have it in resin form but it's a little expensive. I already asked my friend to look for one in the states.

I actually stopped collecting comic books because they don't have good stories anymore. Once in while you get a nice series but that's it. How about you?

Ang mahal nga nun dati ng lumabas dito me lalagyan yung comics at me kasamang 2 poster.

Let me start....

Just prior to his coming out in the open as SUperman in Metropolis, Martha Kent--Clark's mom, said: "Ok. Just be careful and try no to be like the nut from Gotham!"

:lol:

And Speaking of the nut from Gotham ...as Martha puts it...

Batman is my favorite hero of all. Dark, brooding, angry, myterious and most of all... human. B)

I am so into batman rin, same reason - because he is human.

batman has issues and he is not perfect. he also lives two lives, one of goodness and one of vengeance. He embodies all that I want to be, a dark avenger, :D and correct all the wrongs done by others...

batman does not acknowledge any gray areas, right and wrong lang. sometimes we forget and create gray areas, pero excuses lang yun deep inside alam natin mali pa rin tayo.

Top Fave Marvel and DC Heroes

1. Batman

2. Wolverine

3. Rouge

4. Spiderman

the reason why dc created crisis on infinite earths is to clean the dc universe, masyado na kasi saturated and doble doble pa. but it's a good read, one of the best actually.

It was an excellent comic book series. Unfortunately after some time the different writers and editors of the various books started drifting again. I forget the name of the series, but wasn't there also some sort of mini-Crisis again after? It must be hard to manage having one one coherent and interconnected Uniiverse.

For the record, one of my favorite books is Keith Giffen's version of Legion. Gritty, dark and best of all, the characters finally grow up.

Let me start....

Just prior to his coming out in the open as SUperman in Metropolis, Martha Kent--Clark's mom, said: "Ok. Just be careful and try no to be like the nut from Gotham!"

:lol:

And Speaking of the nut from Gotham ...as Martha puts it...

Batman is my favorite hero of all. Dark, brooding, angry, myterious and most of all... human. B)

I am so into batman rin, same reason - because he is human.

batman has issues and he is not perfect. he also lives two lives, one of goodness and one of vengeance. He embodies all that I want to be, a dark avenger, :D and correct all the wrongs done by others...

batman does not acknowledge any gray areas, right and wrong lang. sometimes we forget and create gray areas, pero excuses lang yun deep inside alam natin mali pa rin tayo.

Top Fave Marvel and DC Heroes

1. Batman

2. Wolverine

3. Rouge

4. Spiderman

Same here!

Dc editors said that one of the most popular toys of all are those based on the Batman character. Their surveys showed that kids.. (and adults too!..hehehe) chose Batman over the others primarily because the Dark Knight is 100% human with no specila powers.

He relies mostly on his own physical strength, wit, intelligence and logical reasoning. In the early years of Batman, he was also an accomplished chemist.

All these traits he uses to his advantage.

As for the gray areas you mentioned... I totally agree with that. Its mostly because he sees no gray area that criminals are afraid of him. They believe that Batman will do anything to bring them down. IN many cases, Batman has actually hurt and beat up crooks to get the info he wanted.

This is a trait that Superman often grimaces at and usually becomes the point of his many debates with the Dark Knight. :lol:

Has anyone of you read Frank Miller's "The Dark Knight Returns"?

Excellent story, it portrays Batman who comes out of retirement to fix a growing menace in Gotham City. As he once again resorts to the same tactics that had made him legendary (and controversial), he comes face to face with the Superman - who, after being availed of by the US government as a superagent of the state, has been tapped to contain the Batman "threat" to law and order.

It was then inevitable that the two would battle each other. Impossibly, Batman won! How? Read the comic book, hehehe.

For my money, this is the greatest batman story ever told.

Excellent story, it portrays Batman who comes out of retirement to fix a growing menace in Gotham City. As he once again resorts to the same tactics that had made him legendary (and controversial), he comes face to face with the Superman - who, after being availed of by the US government as a superagent of the state, has been tapped to contain the Batman "threat" to law and order.

It was then inevitable that the two would battle each other. Impossibly, Batman won! How? Read the comic book, hehehe.

Interesting story line....

Are there copies of that issue still being sold here in Manila?

:D

Hello to everyone!

Yup, definitely. For me one of the best Batman stories ever told.

The other I did enjoy was ARKHAM ASYLUM, I really recommend this one for fans of the Dark Knight. Excellent story by Grant Morrison.

Short synopsis: The inmates of Arkham Asylum break free and take the staff hostage their condition for release is if Batman takes their place. So in he goes. Batman faces not only the deadliest of his enemies but his inner demons as well. Truly a descent into madness.

Another excellent stroy I'd recommend is THE KILLING JOKE by Alan Moore. As the title suggests this revolves around The Joker and his history but its a truly interesting look on the relationship between hero and villain, again excellently done.

Check both of it out!

Does anyone know of or remember The Doom Patrol?

Excellent story, it portrays Batman who comes out of retirement to fix a growing menace in Gotham City.  As he once again resorts to the same tactics that had made him legendary (and controversial), he comes face to face with the Superman - who, after being availed of by the US government as a superagent of the state, has been tapped to contain the Batman "threat" to law and order.

It was then inevitable that the two would battle each other.  Impossibly, Batman won!  How?  Read the comic book, hehehe.

Interesting story line....

Are there copies of that issue still being sold here in Manila?

:D

Yup, I bought my copy in Powerbooks Megamall....but it gets sold out too fast. I suggest that you scan every Filbars Store that you know....some of them (like the katipunan branch) even have a hardbound version. Also in Katipunan is Central Comic Headquarters (CCHQ) at the 3rd floor of the FBR building in front of theAteneo. CCHQ has a very wide range of collections both eastern and western comics.

"The Dark Knight Returns" by Frank Miller (along with "Watchmen" by Alan Moore), actually spurred the rise of the adult-genre comic books, which were subsequently referred to as "graphic novels". DKR story is every bit of a Batman story, Miller's masterful portrayal of the aging Bruce Wayne is human to the very core.

• 4 weeks later...

if i had to choose just one, my favorite marvel super hero of all time would have to be The Mighty Thor. i like the comic book, interesting e, may story kasi talaga and it relates to norse mythology pa. so you get to know the different gods of the different realms etc etc. i'm just blabbing he he. basta Hail Mighty Thor and his uru hammer Mjolnir!

For all Justice League fans out there, there will be a Justice League Power Zone at the Grand Atrium of the Shang from October 4-19. Am told that they will be bringing over from the US some rare JL pieces and collectibles to be given as prizes as well as to be sold. Will post an update here soon as I have the details.

Cheers!

Edited by Lipstick
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Guys ... I used to collect DC and Marvel comics back in college which started during the death of Superman Era ... Spiderman vs Carnage ... Batman vs Bane .. all in A1 conditions ... protected by a .. forgot what they call it... a plastic ... let me know who wants to buy some

PM me ... :cool:

• 2 months later...

yep! this is a classic and the first batman work by frank miller that was a real hit...the second frank miller hit was batman:year one...telling the story of how batman came to be in a realistic way...this is also the basis for the next batman movie... :)