Who Are Your Favorite Authors? Favorite Books?

The Sunset Warrior Cycle by Eric Van Lustbader (Lost the final book, The Dai San)

Clan of the Cave Bears by Jean Auel

A Knight in Shining Armor by Jude Devereaux

Vampire Chronicles by Ann Rice ( I have The Vampire Lestat, Interview with the Vampire, Queen of the Damned, Tale of the Body Thief, Memnoch the Devil)

Edited by shinta

Fahfrd,

I knew you had to like Fritz Leiber (Fahfrd & The Grey Mouser).

S-Syndrome,

So you're bilingual. Thumbs Up. I wish I could read chinese. Jin Yong (aka Louis Cha) and Ku Long have written some of the best Wu Xia novels. Excellent storylines & characters.

Have you read some of the Jademan Comic books like Iron Marshal?

Edited by genuis8

I enjoy the Science Fiction/Fantasy genre. My favorite authors here include: Michael Moorcock, Steven Brust. For the other genres: Alistair MacLean, Erle Stanley Gardner writing as A.A Fair for his Donald Lam P.I. series.

I also enjoy the classics involving Greek, Norse, and German Mythologies. Favorite author is Alexandre Dumas.

Edited by genuis8
Guest EvilAsh

First book I ever read was "I, Robot" by Isaac Asimov. I was hooked instantly. My favorite is of couse the Caves of Steel series. Never got into Foundation kasi I made an attempt to read it in HS eh and could never get into it :).

After that I read every single Sidney Sheldon book and loved every one of them. Read the LOTR books plus the encyclopedia :).

Then I read Tom Clancy but I started with Rainbox Six kaya I'm a bigger John Clark fan. I got "Without Remorse"(?) but it was very disappointing.

I'm now trying to finish Douglas Adams' HitchHicker's Guide to the Galaxy. It's a hiliarious book pero I haven't had time to finish it na. On the last chapter...

Edited by EvilAsh

John Grisham (FANatic)

Stephen King

Michael Crichton

Harper Lee (To k*ll A Mockingbird)

Martin Cruz Smith

Michael Palmer

Sidney Sheldon

Harold Robbins

Chicken Soup For The Soul Series

Edgar Allan Poe (FANatic)

Pope John Paul II Books

A lot of Classics also, marami basta maganda ang review

ng book at magaling yung author cge... bili kahit wala n s budget.. :D :D

Now im reading Sylvia Nasar... :)

lospeed01 Posted on Feb 9 2003, 11:24 AM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

abnkkbsnplako?! at bakit baliktadmagbasa ng libro ang mga pilipino? ni bob ong....hehe

Bob Ong yeah :D ABNKKBSNPLAKO ang naka get lang dyan yon nag grade school sa public (kung saan ang mga teacher nagtitinda ng bra at tocino ;) ), nag loko sa college at nakabangon ulit...teka ako yon ah :rolleyes: inunahan ako ng ungas na yan, 1st novel ko sana! :blink:

Ayn Rand, Fountainhead...

am now reading a 10 year old travel book na parang di travel book--Pico Iyer's Falling Off the Map, Some Lonely Places on Earth...(Australia, Iceland, Cuba, Paraguay, etc.)

No One Here Gets Out Alive, bio of Jim Morrison

Laro Sa Baga and Bulaklak ng Aking Luha by Edgardo Reyes, malibog na mga kwento ng pag-ibig from one great local writer. f$*#in heartbreaking.

whoa, literate pala mga guys dito. nice :)

anything that looks like a book, feels like a book, smells like a book (dusty-- maalikabook! korny :lol: ).. i love weiss and hickman! been looking for the rose of the prophet trilogy for quite some time now.. :) hirap basahin ng dragonlance since sobrang haba ng series eh..

and the coolest writer is tolkien pa rin!!! galing ng silmarillion.. i am just so amazed by his mythology.. :) havent read pratchett yet but i heard he's good daw.. :)

of course, the latest book.. mechwarrior!!! so cool ni mason dunne..

my geeky side is showing.. hehe :)

of course, all the cheezy, sappy love novels.. i love them all! :)

and magic realism.. all the profound life-altering books..

paulo coelho - all

gabriel garcia marquez - most

isabel allende - most

salman rushdie..

brit authors :)

and more...

My all time fave is "Jonathan Livingston Seagull" by Richard Bach

"Neverwhere" by Neil Gaiman

"the Vampire Chronicles" and "Taltos" by Anne Rice

"the Carpenter and other stories" by various authors

"Winter of the Birds"

"Nancy Drew and Hardy Boys mysteries" by Caroline Keene

"The World According to Garp" by John Irving

"The Catcher on the Rye" by J.D. Salinger (rumored to be serial killers' book of choice)

And my new favorites

"Harry Potter" series

I also read a lot of Sci-Fi stuff. Almost anything I can get my hands on.

I've also read Og Mandino's line of books...

I've no favorite author, though Richard Bach comes close to being it.

Here are some of the books I own that I'm willing to lend in exchange for another book:

1. Anne Rice: Sleeping Beauty Novels, Vampire Chronicles (1st 3 books), Memnoch the Devil, Vampire Armand, Belinda, Witching Hour, Taltos and Lasher

2. RA Salvatore: Vector Prime (this is the book where Chewbacca dies)

3. Philip Pullman: Golden Compass and Amber Spyglass (kulang ako ng Subtle Knife although nabasa ko na sya)

4. Stephen King: Dark Tower series

5. Neil Gaiman: Neverwhere, American Gods, Coraline

6. Thomas Pynchon: V, Gravity's Rainbow

Just send me a PM if you're interested.

John Grisham, Sidney Sheldon, James Redd, Og Mandino

:D  :D  :D  Trade tayo!!!

Anong Books ni Og Mandino Ang Meron Ka? Trade?

Rag Picker, Greatest Salesman in the World, 13th angel.. yung iba hanapin ko muna sa room ko... forgot the titles already.. you?

abnkkbsnplako?! at bakit baliktadmagbasa ng libro ang mga pilipino? ni bob ong....hehe

..hehhehee... Read both books na.. Kakatawa no? Filipino satire kasi ang dating nya... kaso nakakahiyang basahen yung BKIT BALIGTAD BUMASA ANG MGA PLIPINO sa public kasi baligtad din yung cover... :D

Baka kala ng nakakakita sayo, praning ka! :P

Whats your favorite book you have read?

Readers are plentiful: thinkers are rare.

* Harriet Martineau

My favorite author is JD Salinger. I've read all books his written. Of course, of all his books, ang number one favorit ko ay Catcher in the Rye, second is Nine Stories.

Sa American movies laging may reference sa mga books ni JD Salinger. Remember that Mel Gibson and Julia Roberts movie where Mel has to read the Catcher in the Rye -- everytime he is triggered to k*ll someone? Or Will Smith's "Nine Degrees of Separation"?

Satisfy your curiousity. Find out what the hoopla is all about!

My favorite author is JD Salinger. I've read all books his written.  Of course, of all his books, ang number one favorit ko ay Catcher in the Rye, second is Nine Stories.

Sa American movies laging may reference sa mga books ni JD Salinger. Remember that Mel Gibson and Julia Roberts movie where Mel has to read the Catcher in the Rye -- everytime he is triggered to k*ll someone?  Or Will Smith's "Nine Degrees of Separation"?

Satisfy your curiousity. Find out what the hoopla is all about!

You have JD Salinger's books? I hope I could meet you so I could borrow :D User ba? :D j/k

Well peeps dapat may book club tayo so we could borrow books from one another. If I had the money, I'll have a two story room filled with a wall to wall bookshelf yung tipong I need a ladder to get some of the books at the top shelf.

I've collected all of JD Salinger's books. But my brother is keeping them for me in his house in Laguna (I go there on weekends). Yung 'Catcher in the Rye' ko, yun pa ang original na binabasa ko sa UP (15 yrs ago), when I was still deciding to drop out of school... kaya nga siguro natuloy. BAD TRIP!

I've collected all of JD Salinger's books. But my brother is keeping them for me in his house in Laguna (I go there on weekends). Yung 'Catcher in the Rye' ko, yun pa ang original na binabasa ko sa UP (15 yrs ago), when I was still deciding to drop out of school... kaya nga siguro natuloy. BAD TRIP!

I've got both those books too, though I've only read a few of the stories in Nine Stories. "The Laughing Man" is may fave of those I've read.