Book Or Movies?

i suggest both. sometimes reading the book and watching the movie adds to your understanding of what you read or watched. this applied to LOTR (which I first read during the early 90's) and silence of the lambs. even if you read the book, sometimes you have to see it on screen to better understand it. although there are cases wherein the book is so much better than the movie (harry potter series and jurassic park/lost world) or the other way around (forrest gump, the movie was so much better than the book).

i suggest both. sometimes reading the book and watching the movie adds to your understanding of what you read or watched. this applied to LOTR (which I first read during the early 90's) and silence of the lambs. even if you read the book, sometimes you have to see it on screen to better understand it.  although there are cases wherein the book is so much better than the movie (harry potter series and jurassic park/lost world) or the other way around (forrest gump, the movie was so much better than the book).

Yes Forrest Gump, my favorite movie, one of the very very few movies which was better than the book. But I would always prefer to read a book than watch a movie.

I try watching the movie version of a book when it becomes available. More often than not, I'd find the books more exciting because they try to play with your imagination. Most movie adaptations lose a lot of the original book's plot, or even sometimes change major parts, just to make it appeal to the moviegoers, as well as fit the producer's budget and time constraints (1-3 hours)

Guest globetrotter

i like reading books as long as i have time since the activity stirs up my imagination.

in movies kasi, you are watching someone else's imagination in full and living colors.

if im in lazy mode (which is now becoming a habit kasi i always feel tired), i go to the movie house and relax by watching the show.

if people say a book is graphic... with lush imagery and all, better watch the movie version of it

otherwise, read a book... feed your mind... develop your vocabulary... enrich your life's perspectives

it all depends on one's current state of mind, really

all are, nevertheless, worthwhile endeavors after all

but, i am biased on reading

so my vote is BOOK

nothing beats reading a good book (let alone a movie). the devil is in the details and authors cannot convey it better other than a narrative/descriptive story. movies are actor focused, that's what you see and that's what you remember. books allows for your creativity and imagination, the possibilities/potentials/re-applications are endless - it becomes useful, longterm.

Guest mitchiko1000

books pa rin...kaya mejo bugbog na ang mata ko..its also my passion...

most of the film are from the hardcopy.....rare naman ang mga films na ginagawang hardcopy lolz...

book then watch the movie... gives me a deeper appreciation of both especially the movie...how a scene would've been better played out, which ones are missing and why was it missing in that media, if the casting fits the characters, which is the better ending between the two... don't enjoy the other way around though, the movie tends to impose visual biases on my reading...

• 2 weeks later...

I'd read the book first then watch the movie version. Then I'll judge which vrsion was better.

Most of the time, the book is better. I hate it when they make changes in the movie versions. Look what they did with the movie versions of Jurassic Park & its sequels. They sucked. They also made some changes in the movie version of Rising Sun.

I think the only movie version that was better than the book was Jaws (yes, the shark)

Edited by tamago

Madalas, mas comfortable manood na lang ng movies, pero depende rin sa galing ng production. Minsan kasi, hindi naca-capture sa screenplay yung totoong stories na nasa libro. Kumbaga, minsan mas detalyado pa kung binasa mo na lang.

Personally, I would go for movies.