Cholecystectomy ( surgical removal of gallbladder)

Hi! Here are my answers to your questions?1. she can eat anything except fatty foods. 2. The only problem after cholecystectomy is the ability to digest food efficiently especially after huge amounts of fatty meal but one can live normally without a gall bladder

3. The only advantage after a cholecystectomy is that he/she wont experienced another bout of cholecystitis with its complicationsi hope that answers your questions. btw, im a general surgeon :)

As per powerpuffgirls post, I am not fully aware that not medically related/licensed staff are allowed inside the Operating Room while there's an ongoing surgery. Unless for some who was about to give birth, isn't that right azagtoth?

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

What are the side effects of not having a gallbladder, every morning after eating breakfast nag lbm kasi ako, soecially if medyo maoil nakain ko. Dati di nmn ako ganun

Gallbladder is for concentration of bile which help in fat absorption. You may have impaired fat absorption. The unabsorbed fat goes to your colon where it is digested by bacteria. This may be the cause of your LBM. Just reduce your fat intake, and see if you'll be fine.

• 5 years later...
  • 3 months later...
On 10/23/2022 at 2:28 AM, Pen15 said:

Pa update naman po sa cost ng Laparascopy this 2022. How long ang procedure and healing time? 

If you mean laparoscopic cholecystectomy, it depends on the institution you would want it performed. In JCI hospitals. The cost  starts  at 350 thousand. For mid tier hospitals, it can range from 120 to 200 thousand. 

Edited by abduljackolsalsalani
On 2/20/2023 at 11:38 PM, abduljackolsalsalani said:

If you mean laparoscopic cholecystectomy, it depends on the institution you would want it performed. In JCI hospitals. The cost is usually starts  at 350 thousand. For mid tier hospitals, it can range from 120 to 200 thousand. 

Thanks for the info. Already finished laparoscopic surgery. Cost around 110k. About 1hr procedure and the next day pwd na marelease sa hospital if walang complication. 1 week healing time for the wounds - 4 small incision. Had to remove the gall bladder since it is already swollen. 2 stones were also found and removed.

• 3 months later...

Had mine done in 2005 at the medical city open surgery because of acute gall bladder and gall stone na kasing laki ng paminta. 3 days in the hospital. 2 weeks additional rest then pasok na sa work. Ubos na kase lahat ng leaves.

Wala naman bawal as per surgeon kaso after a few months from operation I developed gurd which is very painful and uncontrollable discharge kaya laging may baon na wet wipes.

After a few years naovercome ko rin lahat as if walang opera na naganap

6 hours ago, linkbizzkit said:

Had mine done in 2005 at the medical city open surgery because of acute gall bladder and gall stone na kasing laki ng paminta. 3 days in the hospital. 2 weeks additional rest then pasok na sa work. Ubos na kase lahat ng leaves.

Wala naman bawal as per surgeon kaso after a few months from operation I developed gurd which is very painful and uncontrollable discharge kaya laging may baon na wet wipes.

After a few years naovercome ko rin lahat as if walang opera na naganap

GERD bro, gastroesophageal reflux disease. Try to avoid fatty foods as you don't have gallbladder that stores bile that aids in digestion of fatty acids.

20230611_081109.jpg

• 5 months later...
On 5/28/2013 at 3:44 PM, azagtoth said:

Hi! Here are my answers to your questions?1. she can eat anything except fatty foods. 2. The only problem after cholecystectomy is the ability to digest food efficiently especially after huge amounts of fatty meal but one can live normally without a gall bladder

3. The only advantage after a cholecystectomy is that he/she wont experienced another bout of cholecystitis with its complicationsi hope that answers your questions. btw, im a general surgeon :)

hi doc, btw tagal ko na na gustong sumagot dito.. thanks sa reply, really appreciate it.. 

I was once a nursing student, 3rd year na ako nun,  when I asked permission ( napayagan naman)  from my clinical instructor  and who was also an OR Supervisor  of the private hospital na affiliated ng school namin back then.. I only observed the surgical procedure.I was supposed to take that as my major case back then, kaya lang meron ng mga 4th year students nakatoka, so priority sila .

Hope this issue has cleared up as to why I was able to enter Operating Room..

• 4 weeks later...