• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

If the reason you are asking is because you want a programming career. Check freelancer sites for programmers. It will give you a list of programming languages that are in demand for crowdsourcing. If it is in demand in crowdsourcing you can bet it is a highly needed in corporations today.

• 3 weeks later...

Started programming professionally in 83. Started with BASIC, then COBOL, dBase, FoxBase, Clipper, then stopped at Visual Basic.

Developed a complete system (used by the entire organization) in Clipper.

It was so robust that we developed our own File Maintenance and Report Writer. So if users wanted a mew report, there was no need for new code.

I am thinking of getting back in the game.

I used to think that the future was for all systems to be web-based. So i was thinking PHP was they way to go.

Now i think Android development has a very lucrative future.

Am also on the lookout for the fastest way to develop web based systems. Frameworks?

Any suggestions on which path i should take.

Thanks in advance.

• 3 weeks later...

Started programming professionally in 83. Started with BASIC, then COBOL, dBase, FoxBase, Clipper, then stopped at Visual Basic.

Developed a complete system (used by the entire organization) in Clipper.

It was so robust that we developed our own File Maintenance and Report Writer. So if users wanted a mew report, there was no need for new code.

I am thinking of getting back in the game.

I used to think that the future was for all systems to be web-based. So i was thinking PHP was they way to go.

Now i think Android development has a very lucrative future.

Am also on the lookout for the fastest way to develop web based systems. Frameworks?

Any suggestions on which path i should take.

Thanks in advance.

If its web based. Try nodejs and express.

• 1 month later...

path to those who want to learn web programming?

PHP is the easiest. You just need to install WAMP on your computer. WAMP stands for Window-Apache-MySQL-PHP. All those 4 are needed to run a website in your local pc.

For beginners:

learn PHP. PHP is so simple, it just uses $ sign to say that this stuff is a variable. PHP isn't strict. it lets you code away.

For those with programming background:

BUT If you want a structured framework, go the .NET way. C#/VB.NET/ASP.NET are all part of the .NET family.

then go to websites that offer tutorials on these languages. build your web programming knowledge block by block.

programming is not for those who hate logic.

• Like (+1) 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...