1813 replies to this topic

#1 Olympus

Olympus

Philanderer

• (09) Manic Poster
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3270 posts

Posted 24 August 2006 - 01:40 AM

For all queries on how to bulk up and add some slabs of muscle to your body, ask away :cool: :cool: :cool:
  • paupau likes this

#2 Eclipseguy

Eclipseguy

Charmer

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 474 posts
  • Interests:Strength Coaching

Posted 24 August 2006 - 05:34 AM

To get started, be sure to read this program. It's the an effective and proven program and can be tailored for any goal.

It can also be tailored for women, and individuals who are trying to focus on a lagging bodypart/area or for those who are trying to focus on sports.

It can get you started, but your limitations as to how far you can go with it are dependant on your fitness center/gym.

We are more than happy to help you tailor this program, or answer any questions that are not covered in the tutorial.

http://www.eclipsegy...wtopic.php?t=57

Edited by Eclipseguy, 24 August 2006 - 05:35 AM.

#3 bubuy

bubuy

Legend

• (15) Extreme Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26274 posts

Posted 24 August 2006 - 07:23 PM

i think TEAM ECLIPSE earned the irked ..........

i THINK it all got out of hand and everybody was pretty much OFF TOPIC and i won't hesitate to close ANY thread if it goes that route. :)

#4 baKING_soda

baKING_soda

a changed unsaint in search of bliss.., after dark

• (06) Chronic Poster
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1299 posts
  • Interests:physical fitness, watching movies, organic farmer and livestock raiser, reading books, observing automotive engines, trying to live in faith in the materialistic and shallow world...

Posted 24 August 2006 - 07:33 PM

i THINK it all got out of hand and everybody was pretty much OFF TOPIC and i won't hesitate to close ANY thread if it goes that route. :)

oh well, sana lng mging healthy ang exchange of opinions here and sana isipin muna nung nagsheshare ng program kung makakatulong ba talaga ung pinopost nila ksi pag may nasaktan na tao dhil sa maling itinuro sa kanya wla nman syang ibang masisisi di po ba?

#5 bubuy

bubuy

Legend

• (15) Extreme Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26274 posts

Posted 24 August 2006 - 07:38 PM

oh well, sana lng mging healthy ang exchange of opinions here and sana isipin muna nung nagsheshare ng program kung makakatulong ba talaga ung pinopost nila ksi pag may nasaktan na tao dhil sa maling itinuro sa kanya wla nman syang ibang masisisi di po ba?

i agree. :)

i hope everyone stays in line from now on. :mtc:

so go on everyone and post your suggestions and opinions. :P

Edited by bubuy, 24 August 2006 - 07:52 PM.

#6 Equus

Equus

Lover

• (06) Chronic Poster
  • 1294 posts

Posted 24 August 2006 - 10:30 PM

scared to post... oh well, here it goes...

risking persecution because i sort of bastardize the program given to me, I shifted my routine to fat burning... I know im suppose to be doing 4 weeks but m scared that i really increase my weight even more... i wana go down to 175 to 180 ripped... And i think my muscle mass now should be able to take that if i go down to 8 or 7 percent...

In any case, I did a 6 x 8 work out which i converted to circuit training...

i separated the training between push and pull muscles... (oh gawd..)

day 1, circuit training of bench press, squat and military press... 6 reps, 8 sets...

day 2, circuit training of dynamic row, deadlift and pull ups... 6 reps, 8 sets...

word of advice, big meals before this work out is a no no... i almost vomitted today...

the weight is kept high... and the intensity is maintained as well... and i tell you, at the 6th set, i wanted to go to a corner and cry...

in any case, m thinking 3 weeks of this then i go to 10 by 10... then diet galore... m thinking of doing 2 days of pull and 2 days of push... something like

monday - push
tuesday - pull
wednesday rest
thursday - push
friday - pull
saturday sunday rest...

inputs?

#7 Eclipseguy

Eclipseguy

Charmer

• (05) Regular
  • 474 posts

Posted 24 August 2006 - 10:36 PM

scared to post... oh well, here it goes...

risking persecution because i sort of bastardize the program given to me, I shifted my routine to fat burning... I know im suppose to be doing 4 weeks but m scared that i really increase my weight even more... i wana go down to 175 to 180 ripped... And i think my muscle mass now should be able to take that if i go down to 8 or 7 percent...

In any case, I did a 6 x 8 work out which i converted to circuit training...

i separated the training between push and pull muscles... (oh gawd..)

day 1, circuit training of bench press, squat and military press... 6 reps, 8 sets...

day 2, circuit training of dynamic row, deadlift and pull ups... 6 reps, 8 sets...

word of advice, big meals before this work out is a no no... i almost vomitted today...

the weight is kept high... and the intensity is maintained as well... and i tell you, at the 6th set, i wanted to go to a corner and cry...

in any case, m thinking 3 weeks of this then i go to 10 by 10... then diet galore... m thinking of doing 2 days of pull and 2 days of push... something like

monday - push
tuesday - pull
wednesday rest
thursday - push
friday - pull
saturday sunday rest...

inputs?

** shaking head in frustration ** :(

Such a smart guy...and he can't even give the original a chance...even when he says it was working :(

The 5x5 does cut fat you know...you just gotta give it a chance. Remember that the extra muscle in your legs, butt, and back will put your metabolism into overdrive. If you were ultra ripped, you'd probably still get down to 175-180 after the 5x5 and 10x10/6x10...and you'd be balanced with respect to your upper and lower body...

Edited by Eclipseguy, 24 August 2006 - 10:38 PM.

#8 Equus

Equus

Lover

• (06) Chronic Poster
  • 1294 posts

Posted 24 August 2006 - 10:58 PM

** shaking head in frustration ** :(

Such a smart guy...and he can't even give the original a chance...even when he says it was working :(

The 5x5 does cut fat you know...you just gotta give it a chance. Remember that the extra muscle in your legs, butt, and back will put your metabolism into overdrive. If you were ultra ripped, you'd probably still get down to 175-180 after the 5x5 and 10x10/6x10...and you'd be balanced with respect to your upper and lower body...

i know i know... the 5 by 5 is nice but according to your ecclipsegym phase 2, you guys were recommending another power phase... can't go through another power phase... time is of the essence... My trainers are skipping the country and i need to crash my weight... you did say in your thread that its all about kacking up your metabolic rate right? and that anaerobic exercise is the best way to spike it... thats what im doing... :D

is the ten by ten better? i think the 6 x 10 should be okay... and i need to go on a diet...

but if you look at the program, im still using the 6 workouts that you have prescribed...

#9 Equus

Equus

Lover

• (06) Chronic Poster
  • 1294 posts

Posted 24 August 2006 - 11:01 PM

and don't worry master... A student has to go his own way sometimes... I still free you from all responsibility and I still remain in my stand that the 5 x 5 is killer... i want to start posting my before and after pics... maybe by next week... love the changes...

#10 Eclipseguy

Eclipseguy

Charmer

• (05) Regular
  • 474 posts

Posted 24 August 2006 - 11:39 PM

and don't worry master... A student has to go his own way sometimes... I still free you from all responsibility and I still remain in my stand that the 5 x 5 is killer... i want to start posting my before and after pics... maybe by next week... love the changes...

Ok...but you better be ripped in those pics there Tubby so you don't make me look bad :hypocritesmiley:

Do this:

Find your 1RM

Do 60% of your 1RM on Monday 10x10 - jump up 5-10lbs per week, and be sure to wave the reps (illustrated in the training journals at Eclipse website). Rest 90 seconds between sets.

Do 60% of your 1RM on Wednesday (and alternate with 70% of your 1RM next Wed at 6x10) for 10x10.

Do 70% of your 1RM on Friday 6x10 - jump 5-10lbs per week, and be sure to wave the reps (again, illustrated in the journals).

If you screw this up, you'll still be fat, and you'll still SUCK. So get your arse a-bustin' bubba...you got work to do :D

#11 Equus

Equus

Lover

• (06) Chronic Poster
  • 1294 posts

Posted 24 August 2006 - 11:49 PM

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! kiss my fat ass mongoloid boy!!

joking aside, this is how many weeks?

#12 Eclipseguy

Eclipseguy

Charmer

• (05) Regular
  • 474 posts

Posted 25 August 2006 - 12:07 AM

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! kiss my fat ass mongoloid boy!!

joking aside, this is how many weeks?

Oh that would make a lovely snapshot, wouldn't it? :P

How many weeks? Well, judging by your girth, I'd say about 6 weeks....but it could go as long as 12 weeks seeing as how I am not around to slap the cookies and cream with Ovaltine out of your Cohiba-like fingers ^_^

#13 Olympus

Olympus

Philanderer

• (09) Manic Poster
  • 3270 posts

Posted 25 August 2006 - 12:10 AM

Finally a much better thread.

Equus,

If you wanted to revv up your metabolism, all you had to do was stick to the 5x5 and do HIIT or Tabata after lifting

#14 Equus

Equus

Lover

• (06) Chronic Poster
  • 1294 posts

Posted 25 August 2006 - 12:24 AM

my fingers are fine white boy... :D and well, I will have to lay off that stuff and i guess i can... i will post before and after pics now... then a new set after 6 weeks... do you encourage thermogenics or should i stick to s@%t load of green tea?

#15 Olympus

Olympus

Philanderer

• (09) Manic Poster
  • 3270 posts

Posted 25 August 2006 - 12:27 AM

my fingers are fine white boy... :D and well, I will have to lay off that stuff and i guess i can... i will post before and after pics now... then a new set after 6 weeks... do you encourage thermogenics or should i stick to s@%t load of green tea?

green tea is fine. You know it quite well that its your diet that will determine whether you lose fat or not

#16 Eclipseguy

Eclipseguy

Charmer

• (05) Regular
  • 474 posts

Posted 25 August 2006 - 11:24 PM

green tea is fine. You know it quite well that its your diet that will determine whether you lose fat or not

In addition to the weight loss primer by Olympus, I've added my own perspective on fat loss and muscle preservation on my 5x5 thread.

This will explain why certain exercise is superior to others with respect to losing weight and keeping it off:

http://www.eclipsegy...c.php?p=289#289

#17 rOyaL gigOLo

rOyaL gigOLo

j'ai juste baisé votre âne

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 635 posts
  • Interests:Wakeboarding, Surfing, Boxing, Gracie Jiu-Jitsu, Beer Drinking

Posted 26 August 2006 - 09:27 AM

Finally a much better thread.

Equus,

If you wanted to revv up your metabolism, all you had to do was stick to the 5x5 and do HIIT or Tabata after lifting

yOu mean i can still dO sOme intense cardiO after 5x5? fOr hOw lOng? I've read that I can still gain muscles and lOse fat at tHe same time..wOuld it be pOssibLe if I dO tHat? :cool:

#18 Olympus

Olympus

Philanderer

• (09) Manic Poster
  • 3270 posts

Posted 26 August 2006 - 09:38 AM

yOu mean i can still dO sOme intense cardiO after 5x5? fOr hOw lOng? I've read that I can still gain muscles and lOse fat at tHe same time..wOuld it be pOssibLe if I dO tHat? :cool:

Did you read the article in the link EG posted? All your answers are there

#19 JesusFreak!

JesusFreak!

Hottie

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 26 August 2006 - 04:22 PM

anakin. :evil:

yup, yung tabata...

#20 boy_tusok

boy_tusok

Looker

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 115 posts
  • Interests:In-line skating, cycling, weight training.

Posted 27 August 2006 - 12:15 AM

For all queries on how to bulk up and add some slabs of muscle to your body, ask away :cool: :cool: :cool:

nice thread :cool: my effort is really not to bulk up but more of body conditioning. i do 30+ mins. of cardio, my problem is about military press, days after i do it i feel pain on my right deltoids. even if i do the lateral prone raise i still have the pain. any suggestion. thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users